You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

Low tier BB and CA

Low tier gun range  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think low tier batlle gun range for BB and CA is fine?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the gun range of the BB should be buffed?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the gun range of the CA should be nerfed

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you think the reload speed of the BB should be buffed?

• Yes
    • No

13 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

Anyone still play low tier battles?

I have just played one and my BB in a tier 2-3 battle. Experience was not go, I kept on being lighted up by CAs which can fire outside my range. 

I didn't notice this feature/problem before since I played less than 10 battles in each of the ships so I can play mid tier quicker. 

Now is really killing me. the worst experience I got is 3 CA sailing in a line and kept firing at me. I am pretty sure their dpm is way bigger than mine since my spots land either short or long. 

153 posts
3,262 battles

1 way to counter that is to sail straight at them and close in on them fast... if they failed to slow down you can start to brawl with them and citadel them to kingdom comes..

if they slow down, then you can hit them easier than them moving at a fast speed. Either way, the chances of you getting out of the engagement alive is close to 0, why not farm some damage before you get sunk?

Edited by RenaricFox

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

As a new player who's just started to work out how to play low tiered cruisers (260 games) i can honestly say i can beat any bbs i now meet with them. A tier 2 cruiser can take out tier 3 bb's and tier 3 cruisers can take out tier 5..  4 can take out tier 6 if played correctly. 

Having said that it did take me 220 games to work out the best way and it can be a very slow death but you just run rings around bbs.

Bbs need support by cruisers and vice versa but unlike a CA a BB isn't able to run away....

450 posts
7,896 battles

As a new player who's just started to work out how to play low tiered cruisers (260 games) i can honestly say i can beat any bbs i now meet with them. A tier 2 cruiser can take out tier 3 bb's and tier 3 cruisers can take out tier 5..  4 can take out tier 6 if played correctly. 

That's what I am talking about. There should be no mouse eating cats, but cats that eat mice. Something is really wrong. 

Bbs need support by cruisers and vice versa but unlike a CA a BB isn't able to run away....

It would be a nice game if your teammates don't die in the first 2 minutes of the game. CA support? nah.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

lol.

I agree, but I live by the sword so I can also die by the sword, but as an example I played the Kolberg yesterday and took on 2 Kawachi (both at range), a DD and a Kuma,. It basically went I did enough damage on the Kuma for him to run away. focus fired on the DD and when he wasn't in line of sight the Kawachi's had either AP or HE rain down on them. The irony of it all was that because I was having to dodge so much inbound shots the DD had no chance of hitting with Torps which negated him out of the equation. Once he went down with the help of our Kuma who turned up it then became a long range dual with the 2 Kawachi's.... Our Kuma was taken out and then all I did was move dodge, swerve and didn't stop firing at them. I was citadeled twice but not enough to take me fully out and came away with both BB scalps.

If the Kawachis, the Kuma and the DD had played smarter by coming towards me instead of staying at range they could have easily have swamped me as well as use there secondary batteries but like most BB drivers I now see they all think sitting back is the best approach.  

Playing at low tiers though is pretty horrendous though. It's very hit and miss on whether you luck out with your team.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Anyone still play low tier battles?

I have just played one and my BB in a tier 2-3 battle. Experience was not go, I kept on being lighted up by CAs which can fire outside my range. 

I didn't notice this feature/problem before since I played less than 10 battles in each of the ships so I can play mid tier quicker. 

Now is really killing me. the worst experience I got is 3 CA sailing in a line and kept firing at me. I am pretty sure their dpm is way bigger than mine since my spots land either short or long. 

Stop making this kind of useless stuffs about buffing and nerfing seriously if you guys keep demanding to nerf then firstly please know that this game is about balance so you are telling me you nerf example: aoba is better then cleveland so you nerf aoba  and then did not nerf cleveland although she already been nerfed lots of times, and then we have another balance issues let talk about BB so you wanna nerf Myougi due to it range is 19km but Wyoming is 14km only so you wanna nerf the Myougi again?? That will cause balance issues and from what i know i don't see any problem in low tier battles and let me answer your questions it not the ship's problem, it the user problem who can't even aim or maybe even know how to play due to being a nub so to answer your questions you are playing with new nubs in low tier then now you demand a nerf seriously?

Having said that it did take me 220 games to work out the best way and it can be a very slow death but you just run rings around bbs.

You are talking about low tier, try to play mid and high tier then talk, it pointless for low tier to talk in here.
Edited by davud1537

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

That's what I am talking about. There should be no mouse eating cats, but cats that eat mice. Something is really wrong. 

It would be a nice game if your teammat. es don't die in the first 2 minutes of the game. CA support? nah.

When you reach high tier try to see what you mean by mouse eating cats now you are in low tier simply useless for you to say in here. And whether your teammates will get sunk within 2mins that another story not the ship problems it the user problem. And of course in low tier battle don't need to talk about teamwork or CA Support since you are playing with a bunch of new nubs.

Edited by davud1537

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

You are talking about low tier, try to play mid and high tier then talk, it pointless for low tier to talk in here.

Wow, Davud, so basically you're advising me that as I'm a new player I shouldn't be on the forum. No wonder people don't involve themselves with the forum with attitudes like this. 

By the way I play tiers 8-10 in PT whenever I can, so I also know what it's like at higher tiers.

When you reach high tier try to see what you mean by mouse eating cats now you are in low tier simply useless for you to say in here. And whether your teammates will get sunk within 2mins that another story not the ship problems it the user problem. And of course in low tier battle don't need to talk about teamwork or CA Support since you are playing with a bunch of new nubs.

Anyway this conversation is about low tier BB's and there play vs CA's, yet all you're telling someone is that the solution is simply not to play them as everyone who plays low tiers are newbs and he's useless for playing them... I would have thought a super-tester would have been an idle candidate to give constructive feedback on this topic, yet you've chosen to simply belittle the lower tier player base and those raising a question. 

Lower tiered BB's for new players are extremely difficult to deal with, however as players gain experience there accuracy and shell choices improve for CA's so they become easier to deal with. However BB's suffer from dispersion (RNG), speed, rate of turn, low ROF etc issues which you can't control even with more experience. Yes you can angle better however at lower tiers with slow speeds, turning etc they will struggle. However having said that I find the more aggressively I play them (my old accounts Myogi WR was around 60%, but I've only just started the US line here so WR pretty redundant) it makes for a much more enjoyable game. Win or lose theirs nothing worse than sitting back sniping in a low tier BB. I feel they're just not designed for this as the dispersion just sucks big time.

However I find your statements not only offensive to myself and everyone else playing or has played at low tiers, but frankly is incredibly elitist. Not only that but just about every game I play has players in it of a higher ranked status than yourself yet you're saying they're useless for playing at the lower tiers. I see players with ranks 2-15 in both random and co-op, so are you advising that they also have no idea how to play as well. You try playing against players ranked in the top 4 in there Arkansas Beta's when they're top tier, and tell me how easy it's supposed to be whilst driving a tier 3 ship. (And yes I defeated him in my Kolberg but he took me out as well) Game play at lower tiers at the moment is insanely difficult with all of the ranked players coming down the tiers to get credits.   

The key to team work is communicating to the team what you're doing, it can be hit and miss at low tier but most people on this forum would have to agree that higher tiers have just the same problems that the lower tiered players do anyway. 

Just because you play higher tiers does not make you a better player, and especially the right to put down/belittle others who are playing at lower tiers.

​Way to support the player base.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Wow, Davud, so basically you're advising me that as I'm a new player I shouldn't be on the forum. No wonder people don't involve themselves with the forum with attitudes like this. 

By the way I play tiers 8-10 in PT whenever I can, so I also know what it's like at higher tiers.

Let me guess you don't get my direct main point to clarify with you, low tiers are new nubs people playing what do you expect more from them other then getting sunk within 2mins or no teamwork at all so as a high level player if you played in low tier battle we can't judge on them but now you are talking to battleships vs CL now you are telling me a South Carolina got a problem facing a Kolberg and St Louis itself, my answer tell you is no why because BB got long range then them so as a BB player he will use the range as a advantage but that could only see in mid and high tier not in low tier as we do all know some low tier BB love to rush. So get back to my main point if you think low tier is unfair think about high tier then, so in order for them to be fair learn how to play well in low tier aka train themselve first then get to high tier and btw i did not say low tier is useless as low tier are good for sealclubbers anyway the answer is out no nerf nor buffing due to balance issues not about any fair by BB having trouble facing a CA Alone as i say ship don't have any problem but it the user problem.
Edited by davud1537

222 posts
3,269 battles

Well um, as a CA player. I'd say that destroyers are more OP in lower tiers. Cruisers have to risk being citadeled to death whilst destroyers can just waltz in and do a torpedo run since lower tier BBs are underpowered