Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxNOUGHTxX

Suggestion for high tier

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
6 posts

With the recent talk of getting rid of standard battle for high tier ,because of the campy game play.I was wondering if introducing Zone game mode into high tier might have a positive impact on high tier play?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Possible scenarios for that are....

1. Cruisers & Destroyers on both team are to stay on the outer layer of the cap zone. Battleships are to focus on enemy cruisers capping the zone or ignore to focus on enemy battleships outside the zone.
  2. Destroyers with long-range torpedo to spam/area-denial torpedo salvos within the zone

So does it eliminate the camping? I can say, improving to eliminate rather big impact.

450 posts
7,896 battles

maybe they will then crate a new map with >40% landmass

There will be big ass island which is a tall and no one can shoot through it. then, there will be a circle with out any landmass in the middle which has a diameter of 15km. 

so now everyone has to get in or they are doing nothing 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The match records for "Draws" will skyrocket, of course.

then back to the nostalgic problem of too many Draw match

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if only there were more cv in the game then they will stop camping of battleship in high tier. their presence alone is enough treat for bb players and make them follow their allied cruiser instead of just staying at the far, far back. back when there are lots of cv in the game, i don't see battleship player who are staying stationary while angled and firing at the enemies.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

if only there were more cv in the game then they will stop camping of battleship in high tier. their presence alone is enough treat for bb players and make them follow their allied cruiser instead of just staying at the far, far back. back when there are lots of cv in the game, i don't see battleship player who are staying stationary while angled and firing at the enemies.

I tried 21 Hakuryus in 1 training room.

Appears that spawns get botched once all CV slots are taken, with some spawning literally 2km next to each other.

Needless to say, there were so many planes the client broke and needed a reset. The minimap was lagging, only updating every 2 seconds.

Tried to do the same with 4 CVs per team, the client was dying. FPS was still 50+, but all the UI objects were phasing in and out.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I tried 21 Hakuryus in 1 training room.

Appears that spawns get botched once all CV slots are taken, with some spawning literally 2km next to each other.

Needless to say, there were so many planes the client broke and needed a reset. The minimap was lagging, only updating every 2 seconds.

Tried to do the same with 4 CVs per team, the client was dying. FPS was still 50+, but all the UI objects were phasing in and out.

I dont think more cv on high tier will help cause they are endangered species. I rarely see tier x cv in probably like 1/20 games? If i encounter one, it was a lucky battle with cv. Morever what he said is true though.. Too many planes

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Zone was a fun battle mode the problem was WG failed to find a way to deal with draw when players decide to value their lives more than actually winning the game. They should have added a point system in zone mode, where staying in the zone will give you points and so is killing ships, points will have no limit. Victors will be those who caps the zone, the team with most points when the timer ends, or the team that wipes out the other.

Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this