Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BanditSE1977

Patch notes,please sync them with other regions.

9 comments in this topic

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Being on both the NA and ASIA servers,I have found that a lot of the Update patch notes have differences in the the info that is released.These are usually small,but sometimes important.

I would like to request that they show the same info across all regions,so we don't have to go looking at other WG sites to see what is and isn't mentioned,.

The Updated notes for 0.5.7 are typical,and in this case the info left out is important as the release was delayed in major part due to the issue players had with changes to the Secondary Armament upgrades.

No mention is made of what is happening on the ASIA notes,and I had to go to the NA notes to find the following:

Please note, after your feedback, we currently have no plans to change the secondary armament systems from their Update 0.5.6 status in Update 0.5.7.

This should have been at the top of the updated notes and highlighted,no left out completely.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I am not answering for WG Asia.

Just my wild guess, WG NA do the RU to ENG translation and WG Asia copy & paste them for ENG? And WG Asia translate it into JP & ZH-TW?

Edited by Mingfang47

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

This should have been at the top of the updated notes and highlighted,no left out completely.

i don;t get it, why you should know about something that doesn;t  change at all,

like telling you that there will be no change with the ship tree?

56 posts
4 battles

i don;t get it, why you should know about something that doesn;t  change at all,

like telling you that there will be no change with the ship tree?

Because it was something they were planning on changing and delayed the patch while they 'think it over'.

You'd have no idea if they were going on with it or if they have retracted the change unless they told you with the previous info we had.

Being from the NA side, I usually find more detailed notes on the Asia region...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Because it was something they were planning on changing and delayed the patch while they 'think it over'.

You'd have no idea if they were going on with it or if they have retracted the change unless they told you with the previous info we had.

Being from the NA side, I usually find more detailed notes on the Asia region...

Because probably it is to answer the forum dat keep asking the question about secondaries therefore the WG answer it in patch notes,

While us here are not, they wont bother to answer either or they will answer it in forum anouncement or public test patch notes

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Only the NA has that piece of information, and it's not in any patch notes I have read.

Looks like some one added it using another source. Guess we will have to wait and see

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Because probably it is to answer the forum dat keep asking the question about secondaries therefore the WG answer it in patch notes,

While us here are not, they wont bother to answer either or they will answer it in forum anouncement or public test patch notes

NA forum may have been the main ones talking about it...BUT it was one of the reasons that the patch was delayed for every region.As such it should have been included in all the patch notes.

The very first item in the delay announcement was about this very thing:

Secondary Armament modernization changes:

Initially we felt that secondaries would be strong enough after we had fixed the accuracy bug that had plagued them for a long time, so the change was meant to balance out the gained effectiveness. Statistics also tell us that comparatively few players used these modules and only did so on very specific ships.

However, we did not consider the fact that this would make certain builds obsolete and force users to totally re-specialize their ships and commanders. While such changes are still bound to happen in a game like ours, we want them to be entirely your decision based on an amount of equal choices and added variety – not because we took one of those choices away. We’ll take another look at this and other planned modernization changes in the next days and rethink our approach.

If its important enough to out in the delay notice,then it should have been in the updated patch notes.

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Only the NA has that piece of information, and it's not in any patch notes I have read.

Looks like some one added it using another source. Guess we will have to wait and see

Do different sections of WG HQ send out patch notes,or is it usually from the one place?Seems like something that would be sent out to everyone?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

everyone gets the same patch notes, local translators do the translations though for languages out side the main (i.e. Philippine,  Malay etc). The news section is run from the local server, so if a manager puts the news up, and knows there is a change missing, or not right, they can adjust the notes you are seeing to reflect.

Most of the time it does not happen, and what you see is what HQ releases. What you see this time is NA adding to the notes, where as the other servers have not. 

Sign in to follow this