Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

is world of warplane still viable?

16 comments in this topic

1,124 posts

after getting pretty much Addict to World of warship, I'm kinda interest in other WG game. like... world of warplane.

but... compare to WOTs or WOWs that game is pretty low profile and quiet ... why's that? is still good to go?

I use to play 'Ace combat: infinity' online and pretty love it, fly though sky faster than sound, shoot enemy with either missile or gun, take sharp turn it evade incoming missile etc

I even use to play A,C.E. online and pretty like it too.

it's might give a new feeling fly WW2 aircraft.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

WoWP...no.

The mouse controls are basic and unresponsive, and the camera angles could be better. With such controls, dogfighting is generally not considered to be wise.

Gameplay-wise, boom-and-zoom wins (in my opinion). Not dogfighting. Having a heavy fighter that is fast and can spit out a lot of firepower is key. Hitting first and hitting hard is very, very important in this game. Besides that, the system of HP bars seems very out-of-step with the general fragility of planes.

I'm sure someone else can give more ideas.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

There is no Asia server for WoWP. So unless you can cope with +250 ping, seeing as you live in SG, I'd strongly advise against playing it. The few players still loyal to the game are seasoned veterans. They usually prioritize on enemy players first before finishing off the bots.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Haku pretty much nailed the gameplay issues, to be honest. Problem is, there's also an element of market saturation as well. Not just the obvious WW2 ones, but also space-based PvP games that do the damage model better. Hell, SWTOR has something like WoWP as an entire part of their game.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,453 battles

There is no Asia server for WoWP. So unless you can cope with +250 ping, seeing as you live in SG, I'd strongly advise against playing it. The few players still loyal to the game are seasoned veterans. They usually prioritize on enemy players first before finishing off the bots.

This is the main problem. I played on NA server for a while and thought the game was pretty fun, except the high ping made it very difficult to aim properly. I'd definitely play if they started an Asia server.

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

its sucks. period

If you like Ace combat style then HAWX is similiar.

another titles were, Blazing Angles 2, is basicly Ace combat in WW2 setting, If one of absurd boss in Ace combat feature Flying Carrier, then you will face Flying Armored (Kirov) Airships in these game lol

its only like $3 on steam

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles
Just a friendly reminder, you can talk about WoWP, even criticize it if you want, but you are not allowed to promote/advertize other non-WG games as per forum rules.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Bascially, the game is not statisfying enough to convince WG to spread it to Asia (and there is already a good rival as well)

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

I like the WoWp, it's some light fun. you can over come the high ping by going into settings and checking "Enable control processing in the game client" which is in the first tab.

The other thing I like about WoWp is if you don't have much time battles are mostly over in 7 mins. almost never ever runs full 15mins.

1,124 posts

hmm... not only game play has some problem, server itself locate across the globe.

i'm middle of downloading it so....

I'll try for myself for a bit but this will help me not to keep my hope up.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,453 battles

I like the WoWp, it's some light fun. you can over come the high ping by going into settings and checking "Enable control processing in the game client" which is in the first tab.

Interesting. I stopped playing a little while after the game went live (I was a Beta tester). I'll have to give it another shot now and see what's new.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,826 posts
4,103 battles

The "other" game that has tanks and planes is an option.

WOWP was a steaming turd.  I think I did about 100 games on my NA account before I had to stop of commit self harm.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I remember that WG said they were going to rework the game, but haven't heard anything since. I liked the visuals, game play was alright, but could have been a lot better. It did look like it was slapped together as soon as WG found out WT was being released to open beta.

Sign in to follow this