You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

manual fire control for aa vs advance firing training

28 comments in this topic

295 posts
6,613 battles

guys i'm wondering which one is better skill for iowa? currently now i'm using AFT for my iowa which is even after update seems can't do much against essex planes or even taiho planes let alone midway or hakuryu, i also use AFT for my previous North carolina and she can shoot down shokaku planes even before they can drop their torpedoes, in one battle i managed to shotdown a total of 47 planes with her, but after i get iowa it seems like her AA is a bit lacking, maybe because higher tier planes has more HP and armor? i don't know, is manual fire control gonna give better result for me? 

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,418 battles

AFT first, grab manual fire control later if u wish to further increase your AA ability

since manual fire control doesn't give you AA range boost so it won't shoot down planes fast enough.

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,494 battles

Here's the numbers, assuming you have BFT and the AA range module already:

Near Aura: 215dps at 2.4km, increases to 2.9km with AFT. Manual AA won't affect dps here.
Medium Aura: 332dps at 4.2km, increases to 5.0km with AFT. Manual AA won't affect dps here.
Far Aura: 166dps at 6.0km, increases to 7.2km with AFT. With Manual AA the dps here increases to 332.

For Iowa, these two skills work best together. You'll have 332dps out to 7.2km, 664dps out to 5.0km, and 879dps within 2.9km. That's pretty serious. If you have to pick just one, I'd go with Manual AA. The high tier planes move fast so the extra range won't translate to very many extra kill-chances, while the doubled Far Aura dps is huge. AFT is much more useful for Cruisers who are trying to protect allies, or on ships with poor DP weaponry (like, say, Aoba).

69 posts
8,859 battles

guys i'm wondering which one is better skill for iowa? currently now i'm using AFT for my iowa which is even after update seems can't do much against essex planes or even taiho planes let alone midway or hakuryu, i also use AFT for my previous North carolina and she can shoot down shokaku planes even before they can drop their torpedoes, in one battle i managed to shotdown a total of 47 planes with her, but after i get iowa it seems like her AA is a bit lacking, maybe because higher tier planes has more HP and armor? i don't know, is manual fire control gonna give better result for me? 

I dont have iowa, but from tech tree statistics, looks like iowa has strong mid range AA from Befors. 5km range damage: 151,   3.5km range damage 302,   2km range damage 195. if you choose manual AA control which will double your 5km damage per second to around 300, but befors and orikon wont be effected. but if you choose advance fire training, it will boost all your aa gun range, and it will be like, 6km range damge 151, 4.2km range damage 302, and 2.4km damage 195. and upgrade your AA module will also further improve that range.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

AA range module and AFT is the best choice to resist the Torp bomber especially the one that took time to circle around you

295 posts
6,613 battles

well if we're looking at the module update in 0.5.7 with -11 dispersion module, i don't know if AA build is worth it anymore, i think i would go for -11 dispersion module upgrade instead of 25% AA damage, since encountering CV on high tiers is rather rare

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,418 battles

well if we're looking at the module update in 0.5.7 with -11 dispersion module, i don't know if AA build is worth it anymore, i think i would go for -11 dispersion module upgrade instead of 25% AA damage, since encountering CV on high tiers is rather rare

In my opinion... when RNG doesn't want you to hit... u wont hit anything

but well, CV is a rare specie anyway

Edited by R3negade

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

In my opinion... when RNG doesn't want you to hit... u wont hit anything

but well, CV is a rare specie anyway

The chance of seeing CV at high tiers is so rare that I don't even run def AA in my Des Moines 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I think I am going to go for AFT in my Colorado (using the commander on later ships too) since it helps both secondaries and AA. Not sure if I should get Manual AA though, kinda think AFT is better

295 posts
6,613 battles

The chance of seeing CV at high tiers is so rare that I don't even run def AA in my Des Moines 

yeah it's kinda sad, because at high tiers BB players have tendency to just angling and reversing, CV planes could keep the gameplay more dynamic actually, because reversing in a BB when there are enemy planes flying around would be suicide 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

The problem is, if the cv player is an average player, and face an expert cv player on enemy side. The team defeat is almost certain.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

The problem is, if the cv player is an average player, and face an expert cv player on enemy side. The team defeat is almost certain.

you can still beat her "IF" allies from a fleet and stack AA umbrella. i still remember the horrors back in cbt when enemy form a formation and stack their AA. it was a standard battle and our enemy come into use in a fleet formation. all of our dd are dead (back when dd have 10mins life expectancy) and we have no ways to deal with them. i was on my rangers and my planes melts in their combine AA while my allies melt with their combine fire.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

you can still beat her "IF" allies from a fleet and stack AA umbrella. i still remember the horrors back in cbt when enemy form a formation and stack their AA. it was a standard battle and our enemy come into use in a fleet formation. all of our dd are dead (back when dd have 10mins life expectancy) and we have no ways to deal with them. i was on my rangers and my planes melts in their combine AA while my allies melt with their combine fire.

the chance meeting players who want to do tactical battle formation is more rare than seeing an shooting star!

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

im pretty much hoping that WG would give full manual control over the secondary T slots, why? simple, it would pretty much give BB players much more effective crowd control over DD/CA/CL HE spammers, instead of grinding skill points for Le Capitan....

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

im pretty much hoping that WG would give full manual control over the secondary T slots, why? simple, it would pretty much give BB players much more effective crowd control over DD/CA/CL HE spammers, instead of grinding skill points for Le Capitan....

They should make it so when you press 3 on BB (4 for Tirpitz?) you use secondaries

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

They should make it so when you press 3 on BB (4 for Tirpitz?) you use secondaries

started a thread about having full conrtol over secondaries, shot to death coz so many doesnt like the idea, too many CA/CL/DD captains here that hates the idea

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

I think I am going to go for AFT in my Colorado (using the commander on later ships too) since it helps both secondaries and AA. Not sure if I should get Manual AA though, kinda think AFT is better

If you have BFT+AFT on Colorado, no T7 is going to drop on you except the stacked up bombers from Saipan with AS captain. Oh also mount the fighter plane, If you play Colorado right, you wont need the spotter. Plus, the fighter gives you long duration surface scanning even if cvs aren't present.

Manual AA is waste of 4 points in any ship that is not a Cruiser where secondaries are negligible or non existent.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

started a thread about having full conrtol over secondaries, shot to death coz so many doesnt like the idea, too many CA/CL/DD captains here that hates the idea

BB captain here and dislike (hate?) the idea as well. But I posted there, I want 2 markers for secondaries on each side of the ship. An alpha and a beta target.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

If you have BFT+AFT on Colorado, no T7 is going to drop on you except the stacked up bombers from Saipan with AS captain. Oh also mount the fighter plane, If you play Colorado right, you wont need the spotter. Plus, the fighter gives you long duration surface scanning even if cvs aren't present.

Manual AA is waste of 4 points in any ship that is not a Cruiser where secondaries are negligible or non existent.

Well I am already in the Nocal so lolz

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

BB captain here and dislike (hate?) the idea as well. But I posted there, I want 2 markers for secondaries on each side of the ship. An alpha and a beta target.

That is a good idea. BB have two sets of secondaries one each side so why not select two targets?