Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lordphilippe

german BBs

72 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
4,467 posts
25,615 battles

441_5763e0632f1fe.png441_5763e062d662d.png213-16061G02JG37.png

German battleships revealed! tier 3 and tier4 kaiser class and konig class. As well as tier 7 Premium battle-cruiser scharnhorst. 

where is the source

450 posts
7,896 battles

So... kaiser has unique arrangement of her guns. I hope she didn't shoot like Kawachi ;w;

what do you expect, its a tier 3 BB. The shots will land anywhere other than the enermy ship. 

but I guess you can play the "I can shoot you with many guns without showing my belly" tactic

And finally, I guess I will enjoy firing the 280mm guns on the Scharnhorst

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

where is the source

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/category/world-of-warships/

Chinese Leaks - so take it with a grain of salt

PS I would be careful posting pictures - got me in trouble when the leaked German CA line came out 

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

Source: http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=9471962&_ff=441

It might not be accurate, though. Konig Albert as a Tier 3 and Kaiser as a Tier 4 doesn't seem to make sense since they're the same class. Konig Albert is possibly the Tier 4 Premium we've been hearing about.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/category/world-of-warships/

Chinese Leaks - so take it with a grain of salt

PS I would be careful posting pictures - got me in trouble when the leaked German CA line came out 

LOL! One of the guys on the NA server got a 3 day forum ban for posting leaked info from publicly available sources a couple of weeks ago!

Weird thing he then straight away got invited to be a Super Tester!

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

LOL! One of the guys on the NA server got a 3 day forum ban for posting leaked info from publicly available sources a couple of weeks ago!

Weird thing he then straight away got invited to be a Super Tester!

Having just checked with the NA ST Co-Ordinators (I am a ST Co-Ord for this server) I can tell you that the information you posted is in fact false. I suggest in future you fact check before posting, and if you are going to call facts, then post a link to verify.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

441_5763e0632f1fe.png441_5763e062d662d.png213-16061G02JG37.png

German battleships revealed! tier 3 and tier4 kaiser class and konig class. As well as tier 7 Premium battle-cruiser scharnhorst. 

S​o is Scharnhorst a BB or CA...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It's a CC because it is a battle cruiser (In US classification). 

it is a BC rather than a CC, the Alaska  and probably Moskva are the examples of the CC

for having Big hull but regular Heavy Cruiser armor with Bigger gun than normal Heavy Cruiser

[SB]
116 posts
12,420 battles

it is a BC rather than a CC, the Alaska  and probably Moskva are the examples of the CC

for having Big hull but regular Heavy Cruiser armor with Bigger gun than normal Heavy Cruiser

Weren't the Alaskas classified as CB - Large Cruisers?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Any Australian ship will be on the British lines, since we predominantly used their ships. Probably get a few reskins though

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,364 battles

true or false, can't wait for the scharnhorst

but playing style will be tricky, can't play like my usual US BB style

Super Tester
197 posts
2,395 battles

Popular misconception.  Scharnhorst is a fast battleship.  Heres why.

The battlecruiser concept was for a ship that was able to bring BB calibre guns to bear at cruiser speeds.  To do this they sacrificed armour weight for greater machinery, allowing greater speed.  The idea that ship speed could be just as useful as armour was also big at the time, so Battlecruisers were deployed in the main battle line.  Scharnhorst didnt forfill this criteria.  Scharnorst was actually more heavily armoured then Bismarck.  The speed that she was able to achieve was due to the much better engine tech available and the weight savings of a welded construction and only mounting 3 barbets and associated machinery rather then 4.  The 11 inch guns were provised for  in the blueprints for up rating to 2x15inch turrets shared with the Bismarck class. 

In short

Battle cruiser definition-  Big guns, High speed, light armour

Scharnhorst-                   Small yet powerful guns, high speed, heavy armour.

Speed seems abit slow too.  I remember her capable of 33 knots

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

Since Gneisenau was the first to be laid down and commissioned, it fits as the tech tree class representation with Scharnhorst being the Premium. Although Scharnhorst was launched first so I suppose they could go either way if they wanted, but I imagine a "Scharnhorst" premium will generate more sales than the not-as-famous Gneisenau.

Sign in to follow this