You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MeloMelonSoda

Sims and Yubari back on sale ?!

84 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

According to this vid it will be back on sale around June 26 - July 10 (on NA?) 

So ready ur money !! and fill the Ranked Battles with Sims !!

Sims and Yubari now in store !!! BUY NOW !!!

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/premium-shop-20160628/

sims_zpsnj0f0gvf.jpg

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Won't help trash players like me.:(

Even tho i really hate Sims (3 Torpedoes hits CA only deal half HP..) but the fact that many first league player using it seem to proved it self.

Since you going to buy it anyways just try it might help you :great:

89 posts
8,257 battles

Ranked Battle end at 25 June, doesn't it?

so you won't see them in premi shop at this season RB

It seems to end at 25 July but not 25 June, or we won't get any Rank 1 player if end after a week:unsure:

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles

Ranked Battle end at 25 June, doesn't it?

so you won't see them in premi shop at this season RB

July not June.  Hopefully it will be available somewhere around the same time here.  I like the Sims, and if you are a US DD fan, you'll more than likely like it too, and you get the bonus of being able to drop your experienced US DD captain into it.

If you prefer IJN DD's you probably won't enjoy it though, since the torps are best used as area denial on (short) cooldown.  They are great for that, but if you try to use them to target individual enemy ships you will be thoroughly disappointed.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

This just happened in ranked.

The owner of this Fuso probably thinks Sims torps are OP...

sWERh7u.jpg?2

Shhh, don't talk too loudly about Sims having meh torps.....Loose lips sink ships.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It seems to end at 25 July but not 25 June, or we won't get any Rank 1 player if end after a week:unsure:

July not June.  Hopefully it will be available somewhere around the same time here.  I like the Sims, and if you are a US DD fan, you'll more than likely like it too, and you get the bonus of being able to drop your experienced US DD captain into it.

If you prefer IJN DD's you probably won't enjoy it though, since the torps are best used as area denial on (short) cooldown.  They are great for that, but if you try to use them to target individual enemy ships you will be thoroughly disappointed.

my bad D:

507 posts
9,826 battles

is it gonna be the same for SEA?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

This just happened in ranked.

The owner of this Fuso probably thinks Sims torps are OP...

sWERh7u.jpg?2

Shhh, don't talk too loudly about Sims having meh torps.....Loose lips sink ships.

detonation?

going to ready my monies for melon and sims.

Edited by yansuki

1,812 posts
8,018 battles

I SMELL MELONS

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

Get Yubari if you fancy trolling low tier CVs. She's kinda like a tier 4 Cleveland, even down to her terrible shell arcs. Unlike Cleveland, though, she's absolutely useless for anything other than murdering planes.

450 posts
7,896 battles

It feels like the Yubari sucks, after I watched the video made by CloakingDonkey's video. 
I didn't believe the ship is so weak, so I went to check the wiki. the wiki said the Yubari has six 140mm guns (2x2, 1x2) and a Type 22 radar. 
I guess the ship will be more competitive than a Kuma and able to be useful in tier five battles if WG decide to add the guns (2x2 -> 2x2 + 1x2) and the radar to the ship by making it the 1944 version. 

Edited by Sammuell

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Get Yubari if you fancy trolling low tier CVs. She's kinda like a tier 4 Cleveland, even down to her terrible shell arcs. Unlike Cleveland, though, she's absolutely useless for anything other than murdering planes.

Is that a typo? I think you meant "gently caressing" instead "murdering." 55dps out to only 3.1km isn't much of an AA umbrella, even if it is technically better than anything else at that tier. It's worth noting that it cannot mount the +20% AA range module (Tier 4s don't get access) nor can it benefit from the manual AA skill (its DP gun only contributes 3 of that 55 dps).

Unfortunately, though, you're right about the best-in-tier AA being her best feature. The torpedo arcs, for example, are truly something to behold. Yuubari cannot achieve a firing solution either forwards or rearwards, only a very narrow sliver directly broadside. Oh how many fine captains have suffered a cruel fate while desperately trying to line up that accursed arc under enemy fire. And no doubt many more poor ones like myself.

Yuubari is a novelty. It's an interesting ship (with an interesting history) and I'm glad I have it but do not get it for any gameplay reasons. She will make you cry. A lot.

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

Is that a typo?

No, that's not a typo. My Yubari has the second highest average plane kills out of all non-CV ships, beaten only by North Carolina. With AFT and Defensive Fire, a Langley's squadron is guaranteed to lose all of its planes if it tries to attack me or a ship near me.

That said, I agree that AA is the only good thing about her.

450 posts
7,896 battles

Quick question, the video was from the YouTube channel "World of Warships" instead of "World of Warships Asia". Does it mean the Sims and Yubari will only be sold in the American server but not in Asian server?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Quick question, the video was from the YouTube channel "World of Warships" instead of "World of Warships Asia". Does it mean the Sims and Yubari will only be sold in the American server but not in Asian server?

idk but if they sell it on NA they really have high potential to sell them in Asia as well.

26 posts
1,985 battles

We know what we all want, the Imperator Nikolai and the Gremyaschy, two of the most balanced ships in the game. Who needs normal balance when you can have stronk russian balance :D. So, bring them back.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

AArrrgghhh.. SIMS is back!:)  i was waiting for this all year long!...

BUT..... i already have Bylaskawika...,... hmmmmm

Don't buy it if you have Blyatskawica, Sims suck so bad X))

save da $$ for tanks :teethhappy: