You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

that one was awesome.

9 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,007 battles

Facing off against an excellent CV captain while driving a CV of your own is truly scary. Not only are you in fear of being sunk/beaten in the air, you are also under pressure to "perform" better than him. The sheer micro and attention needed can be really mentally draining and yet the battles are so fun.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Not sure if that was the best ever.... 

Those BBs werent very good at their task, plus they did win the game.... if the CV pulled off a win then he may have said that title

1,126 posts

it's not that they don't know how to evade,

I believe most tier 7+ player know how to dodge or minimize TB.

but skilled CV knows better, they approach, when enemy turn, they swing more and drop, instead of bow drive through torp wall, they slam their side to torp wall......

783 posts
4,819 battles

Facing off against an excellent CV captain while driving a CV of your own is truly scary. Not only are you in fear of being sunk/beaten in the air, you are also under pressure to "perform" better than him. The sheer micro and attention needed can be really mentally draining and yet the battles are so fun.

That's part of the fun in playing a CV during server population's downtimes. Face off against them and queue again and a most of the time, they will be your opponent again.

I had battled a particularly good Shokaku player in my own Shokaku that way and we met again another 2 times. Each match had only 1 CV on each side and the air battle resulted the same outcome but the match was decided differently each time. The enemy achieved better air superiority against me(I lost planes a lot more) each time while I managed to land more "effective" damage against other surface ships each time, it was quite a treat since we both used 2/2/2 with no T5 captain skill and had good game with substantial damage and plane kills each and in all 3 matches we were both at the top of the scoreboards.

783 posts
4,819 battles

IDK but quite the gall to call it best CV player when it's far from impressive and quite mediocre specially with sheep captains don't know how to evade

Pretty much.

If I'm gonna nitpick though, the guy could've scored the win if he left the tirpitz to burn and put his incoming TB on the other 2 ships since the tirpitz captain waited for his TB before he pushed his repair. He even used a spare DB to kill the tirpitz that was gonna die anyway which could've been used to stack another DoT towards another ship.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

That's 100% of my CV games back at CBT and early release days. Best CV players racing towards Hakuryu or Midway, everytime I queue my CV my heart is just pounding with excitement for I know I'll be matching against them. We all know each other and it's an automatic CV vs CV game until one of us dies. Even if you lose, you don't really rage since you know you lost to a really good player.

But now, those dedicated and best CV captains are gone and there are handful of decent CV players left in this server. CV gameplay has degraded so much it isn't even 1/10 of the excitement and the challenge it used to be, they just catered for the noobs so much. It really has degraded so much as to call this game an excellent one, no offense OP.