Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

saipan

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

ok , been away for a little while , so bear with me , saipan wtf is this cv ?

Edited by kongman

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Why? is it too powerful or under-powered or something?

She is real ship, if that's what you asking.

i mean how did people get it ? was it a bought ship , special promotion ?

Edited by kongman

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

There were several complaints received by free to players that it was too powerful, so since last patch MM is now set up to match Saipan with enemy Saipan whenever possible for a battle.

Manipulating the MM of a premium tank/ ship/ whatever is a good way for WG to apply a "nerf" to a vehicles performance in battles, without actually "hard nerfing" the performance parameters of the vehicle, (which they don't like to do, because you know, consumer good will). 

The only good thing about that, is there aren't too many Saipans, so the player won't always get matched up with an enemy Saipan, (at the moment).

TBH unless you have a 5th skill USN Captain, you will suffer. The tier 9 planes stand no chance vs actual tier 9 planes, or tier 9 AA on tier 9 ships.

So if you are serious about getting a Saipan, grind your USN Captain NOW. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Saipan benefit the most from Air superiority perk

and will probably rekt every other CV in the same tier

450 posts
7,896 battles

It is an annoying and frustrating CV. it has planes made out of solid steel which doesn't really go down and have up to 3 squads of them (9 fighters in the sky at the same time). 

It also have a hull that has so much armor where you need 152mm+ guns to pent it. 

However, it require more skills then normal US CV as it only have 3 torp bombers in each squad and it has a spread similar to the IJN CV. 

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

It is an annoying and frustrating CV. it has planes made out of solid steel which doesn't really go down

My Atlanta would beg to differ...(probably 3ish seconds more than usual per plane, but they still go down :D )

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

There were several complaints received by free to players that it was too powerful, so since last patch MM is now set up to match Saipan with enemy Saipan whenever possible for a battle.

Manipulating the MM of a premium tank/ ship/ whatever is a good way for WG to apply a "nerf" to a vehicles performance in battles, without actually "hard nerfing" the performance parameters of the vehicle, (which they don't like to do, because you know, consumer good will). 

The only good thing about that, is there aren't too many Saipans, so the player won't always get matched up with an enemy Saipan, (at the moment).

TBH unless you have a 5th skill USN Captain, you will suffer. The tier 9 planes stand no chance vs actual tier 9 planes, or tier 9 AA on tier 9 ships.

Yes.

Sometimes, when I play my Tirpitz, the enemy team has tier 8 BBs.

Its stupid how WG can manipulate the MM like this. How dare they stealth nerf my Tirpitz by touching the MM.

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

"Looking for a powerful Aircraft Carrier to use in Ranked Battle?"

Haha, they're not even trying to be subtle anymore.

Anyway, Saipan is by far the best tier 7 CV. She's totally worth the price. A friendly warning: please familiarize yourself with CV gameplay before you impulse buy her.

783 posts
4,815 battles

Tell that to my Strike Ranger who meets an AS Saipan almost everytime I queue prime-time. :sceptic:

Anyway, the MM is supposed to work that way. If you're in a Hiryuu and there's another Hiryuu and a Ranger in queue at the same time, matchup is supposed to occur against the other Hiryuu rather than the Ranger. And that is how it is for Saipan 'supposedly'.

"Looking for a powerful Aircraft Carrier to use in Ranked Battle?"

Haha, they're not even trying to be subtle anymore.

Agreed. :great:

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

somebody doesn't understand that CVs are hardly ever played and the only ones that are played are premiums or certain 'easy mode' ones like Ryujo

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

somebody doesn't understand that CVs are hardly ever played and the only ones that are played are premiums or certain 'easy mode' ones like Ryujo

16kzyab.jpg

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

question, does saipan fighter works well with dog fighting? i mean its a tier 9 planes on a tier 7 ship.

still no sims on sales. QQ i want a premium usn DD ship to grind my DD captains.

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

question, does saipan fighter works well with dog fighting?

No, it's 100% worthless. The highest tier planes you can face is tier 9, but your planes are tier 9 too which means this skill has no effect at all. Get Torpedo Acceleration instead.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

No, it's 100% worthless. The highest tier planes you can face is tier 9, but your planes are tier 9 too which means this skill has no effect at all. Get Torpedo Acceleration instead.

so the skill calculates the plane tier not the ship tier? interesting. so that reload and 5%more hp is no brainer then.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Yes.

Sometimes, when I play my Tirpitz, the enemy team has tier 8 BBs.

Its stupid how WG can manipulate the MM like this. How dare they stealth nerf my Tirpitz by touching the MM.

I stated "saipan meets saipan", meaning in this way, WG can "nerf" the performance effect the individual "OP" ship can have to influence a battle.

And you retort with your Tirpitz seeing other tier 8 BB's in battles?.

I can only dream of my Saipan beating up on tier 6 and 7 cv's. Oh, and my Tirpitz sees tier 10, an awful lot. I can only dream of beating up on tier 6 BB's.

I cannot correlate the two statements.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

I stated "saipan meets saipan", meaning in this way, WG can "nerf" the performance effect the individual "OP" ship can have to influence a battle.

And you retort with your Tirpitz seeing other tier 8 BB's in battles?.

I can only dream of my Saipan beating up on tier 6 and 7 cv's. Oh, and my Tirpitz sees tier 10, an awful lot. I can only dream of beating up on tier 6 BB's.

I cannot correlate the two statements.

But then the tier 6s will be saying that MM is rigged because they meet tier 8s because the Tirpitz whined that he meets tier 10s.

Then the tier 4s will whine because they see Tier 6s when Tier 6s met Tier 8s but they whine that they met tier 10s.

Then the tier 3s will whine that the Tier 4s wrecked them because the tier 4s whined about them meeting tier 6s who complained that they met tier 8s who didnt like meeting tier 10s.

Then the tier 2s will complain about meeting tier 3s who didnt like meeting tier 4s who whined about meeting tier 6s who in turn whined about meeting tier 8s but they made a forum post about meeting tier 10s.

When does it end?

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

i thought the saipan can only face other saipans , i played in game where the saipan was matched up against a different cv ?

Sign in to follow this