LTD_FESS

Detonation by BBs

13 comments in this topic

4 posts
1,032 battles

Hi,

I am usually the first to die in a ranked battle.  I am in a Nurnburg.  I take 2 hits from a BB and I explode.  Happens in about 75% of my fights, even when I fly the reduced detonation flag.

Am I missing a trick here?

Edited by LTD_FESS

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

You have a Nurnberg... That thing has like no armour. Also you gotta angle right... They didn't detonate you they hit ur ammo box. My destroyers can even hit your ammo box with your little armour so yeah point your bow on an angle towards BB and don't get too close

[MEGA]
4,669 posts
17,953 battles

Hi,

I am usually the first to die in a ranked battle.  I am in a Nurnburg.  I take 2 hits from a BB and I explode.  Happens in about 75% of my fights, even when I fly the reduced detonation flag.

Am I missing a trick here?

i just noticed this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE THAT IS HOLY NEVER PLAY RANK WITH  A NUKEBURG PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Edited by drakon233

414 posts
9,466 battles

Nukeberg is my priority target in every RB :trollface:

Nukeberg has glass armor, so fragile that even gunboats can easily citadel you. Budyonny and Cleveland are your nightmare as they can farm citadel from Nurnberg (I have done so w/ my cleve lol). Battleship, well, you found him and he's facing you, then its over mate (ez one-shot). Tips? Use other ships like US gunboat if you have one, or cleve even better. If you dont have both so use ARPs. If you don't have any, try not to face enemies, don't EVER full broadside with the enemy, or just do support from behind, or get over an island to surviveJust.... don't go with that ship....

153 posts
3,262 battles

.... lol.. you have unlucky hands. :D

Certain ships can brawl, certain ships cannot brawl... you just have to know when to go into the thick of things and when to kite.. 

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
258 posts
13,374 battles

ok.  so in a Random battle is the damage model different?  I take a lvl4 JP BB and I get exploded by a Nurmburg

grrrrrrrr

I bet you said more than 'grrrrrr' ?

WoW is messing with your mind.

Next stop a padded room and plushie Killerwhale.

I tried putting the snazzy striped camo on my Nurnberger but it seems to attracted even more critical hits then !

Feels like you've locked out of the house in striped pajamas and a pair of rabid pit-bull terriers have spotted you.

Edited by Razide

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

ok.  so in a Random battle is the damage model different?  I take a lvl4 JP BB and I get exploded by a Nurmburg

grrrrrrrr

No, in Random people know what they are doing (thats a lie) but yeah T4 IJN BB can be citadelled easily by the Nurnberg even at range (as I have done so on many occasions)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

it's pretty simple, use the detonation flag always.

Run out of flags, go back to a tier 3 CA and wait for a BB to smack you.

Yes,

Wait... Wut?