Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Apex1o1

Ranked, DD Bias EXP/Stars

14 comments in this topic

211 posts
9,931 battles

A few Threads around with complaints about Ranked battles and the struggles for players earning/losing their stars made me want to express a unfair advantage for Alpha Destroyer players.

With the EXP rewards for capping makes its very easy for a Destroyer to top the EXP chart and not be punished for a loss.

While Battleships and Cruisers usually are always punished and lose a progression star regardless if they played well or not compared to a Destroyer.

This doesn't seem fair to players of other classes, Good idea but not implemented well.

Cruisers and Battleships are just as vital to the Team as Destroyers are (IMO), but they're fighting a uphill battle in ranked.

1,162 posts

A few Threads around with complaints about Ranked battles and the struggles for players earning/losing their stars made me want to express a unfair advantage for Alpha Destroyer players.

With the EXP rewards for capping makes its very easy for a Destroyer to top the EXP chart and not be punished for a loss.

While Battleships and Cruisers usually are always punished and lose a progression star regardless if they played well or not compared to a Destroyer.

This doesn't seem fair to players of other classes, Good idea but not implemented well.

Cruisers and Battleships are just as vital to the Team as Destroyers are (IMO), but they're fighting a uphill battle in ranked.

So you want Zone mode instead and all hell brakes loose for RB? :D

216 posts
2,239 battles

Everyone that plays rank battles are technically fighting an up hill battle, it's just that DD's have it easier in regard to EXP than the others due to the cap points. Also don't forget that killing a tier 6 DD (11,000-14,000 HP) rewards the same amount of exp as killing a big BB (53,000-57,000 HP). So if a DD not only caps a point but also kills a enemy DD by doing almost all the damage to him then he has even more of an advantage than the rest of the team if they end up losing, since which ever ship has top exp loses no stars. This might be one of the reasons why some are saying that making a exception to one player that out shines the others breed this type of self serving meta, thus high DD ratio in ranks. Sad to say but this is the reason I have started playing nothing but a DD in rank, it's one of those cases of 'if you can't beat them, join them... THEN BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME!!!'.

So you want Zone mode instead and all hell brakes loose for RB?

sounds interesting, having certain sections of the map, not points, like the whole map cut into portions depending on how many your team holds determines how many points your team earns every 3 secs. Should take this idea to the suggestion section and post it. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Not sure what that bias is, to be honest. Sure, a DD gets a ton of exp for capping, but its also likely getting exposed to enemy fire a hell lot because controlling the cap zones and the points is exactly what ranked is about. Biggest risk, biggest reward.

Edited by Syanda

1,162 posts

sounds interesting, having certain sections of the map, not points, like the whole map cut into portions depending on how many your team holds determines how many points your team earns every 3 secs. Should take this idea to the suggestion section and post it. 

Well, someone who reaaaallllyy wants to play RB should take it and lead the way. I dont want to start a riot because some DDs captain will be salty for not able to get lots of EXPs/Creds while I not a hardcore RB players. Plus it still doesn't solve the problem that the DDs captain for being potatoes, I bet the same problem like DDs overextend and got killed less then 3 minutes of the battle or go-to-the-end-of-the-world will happens. Also, not all map are suited for Zone mode. But it all depends on the community and developers. 

Edited by RisaFujiyama

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

The few RB I have played I have seen BB's do their thing.  Sit and snipe.    DD's get focus fired as they are moving forward to cap and inevitably get lit by the opposing DD.    The risks are higher so the rewards should be commensurate with the risk.

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

The few RB I have played I have seen BB's do their thing.  Sit and snipe.    DD's get focus fired as they are moving forward to cap and inevitably get lit by the opposing DD.    The risks are higher so the rewards should be commensurate with the risk.

Except cruisers get tasked with supporting the DDs, which is an even riskier proposition because they don't have the concealment, the health or the armour to survive doing so.

From my experience, DDs only get focus fired when under 10km. Otherwise, it's the cruisers who bear the brunt of most of the weapons fire. In my games, there's usually at least one person in team chat telling everyone to focus fire on the cruisers first. Even in games with a 2BBvs1BB advantage, it's always kill the cruisers.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

If I go play RB it is usually in BB or CA and I generally get top score. Not sure what you are talking about OP. More skills required perhaps?:trollface:

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

If I go play RB it is usually in BB or CA and I generally get top score. Not sure what you are talking about OP. More skills required perhaps?:trollface:

depends on the player capability i guess. Because:

1) DDs are the easiest class to get top score, as what the others had mentioned

2)CAs  (correct me if i'm wrong) are generally the multipurpose class, acting both as a firesupport ship for DDs or tank if necessary, therefore, usually around the middle or last, depending on the player's contribution to the match.

3)BB's are generally meant to push a flank, tank, or eliminate any threats that stands in his way, and those who have the marksmen skills in a BB generally can even perform better than everyone in the match/team, provided RNG/teammates doesn't troll him too much.

Edit: Back to the OP topic, i agree that WG should implement some sort of exp gain boost in terms of supporting/tanking for allied ship whilst in a BB/CA exclusively for RB, with some sort of 'Aura' triggering this effect? Anyone is free to discuss this suggestion though cause i can't think of a better one atm.

Edited by HeroOfWind

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

True ranked battle is DD biased to the core. Domination games are ruled by DD in the first place, second DDs are the easiest class to get exp with--they are the main cappers so easy exp, then they easily get tonnes of exp from little damage they do compared to what exp other classes get with the same damage dealt.

so pissed right now, 10 games, 10 high calibers, 6 confederate, 10 games with trash DD teammates(dies within 5 minutes or hides in the back and don't protect cap) = 8 lose. did 120k damage killed 3 and the stupid DD that capped base twice, missed all his torps and ran away got the top exp.

lol just played with you now in your fuso(i'm the schors) and you know how trash DDs are in my team and still get top exp.
Edited by Deicide

211 posts
9,931 battles

Sad to say but this is the reason I have started playing nothing but a DD in rank, it's one of those cases of 'if you can't beat them, join them... THEN BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME!!!'.

Yeah, thats what im afraid of, all the good players just playing the more favourable Destroy class.

I've only played Destroyers this season, my complaint is that I am given a unfair advantage to ranking up compared to other classes.

Edit: Back to the OP topic, i agree that WG should implement some sort of exp gain boost in terms of supporting/tanking for allied ship whilst in a BB/CA exclusively for RB, with some sort of 'Aura' triggering this effect? Anyone is free to discuss this suggestion though cause i can't think of a better one atm.

Think just balancing EXP for capping and cap defence should be in line with the total amount of EXP available from doing damage.

The current cap EXP rewards may work in Random battles, but in ranked there is just to little EXP to go around compared to the rewards for capping.

did 120k damage killed 3 and the stupid DD that capped base twice, missed all his torps and ran away got the top exp.

Yeap, destroyers in ranked = EZmode when it comes to ranking up.

Edited by Apex1o1

Sign in to follow this