Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Endless Cycle of Frustration - Ranked Battles

56 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

How I'm feeling about this endless cycle of win loss loss loss win win loss loss loss

After 30 battles I've fallen back to my starting rank 18 :(

AFK and troll/suicide players being an absolute pain as well

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

So what you're saying is that it's really just a fancy name for an 8 man a side random match then... lol

Close - 7 aside

331 posts
17,051 battles

I feel for you

I had a  grind of 162 battles to get to rank 14.

but yeah it is basically randoms so expect alot of derpiness and frustrations

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

you know that there's a way not to lose star even if your team lose. as long as you are top of exp earner of the team you will not lose star. 

btw i though when you reach certain rank its not irrevocable even if you lose star?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

For me the best Ranked season was Season 2 which is the only season where i reached Rank 1..

All the great players are competing on that season, with actual teamwork and cooperative play..

After that Ranked players are mostly filled by derps, and its not enjoyable anymore.. I've stopped playing Ranked ever since as it isn't worth my time..

I got my Jolly Roger already and that's enough for me..

1,162 posts

This is why I only stop at Rank 18, I just want the flags/reward as much as I can but without ruining the fun for others because I always at the bottom for base exp, if not I am second bottom. I am not much of a help.

[KGHSF]
3,202 posts
6,023 battles

When I reached rank 15 I fell for that same as yours ,Yes I saw Zekamashi (he's here too) death by donation after that lost all 4 stars

So I quit to play Rank Mode forever :angry: (I haven't any buff ship because they all nerfed)

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

please do not venture any further into rank battle should you wish to save your sanity from the depths of unlimited serb-grade salt abyss :trollface:

120 posts
22,784 battles

For me the best Ranked season was Season 2 which is the only season where i reached Rank 1..

All the great players are competing on that season, with actual teamwork and cooperative play..

After that Ranked players are mostly filled by derps, and its not enjoyable anymore.. I've stopped playing Ranked ever since as it isn't worth my time..

I got my Jolly Roger already and that's enough for me..

Well, Ranked season 2 was quite soon after the public launching of this game, thus;

- Player base was small, and players were less experienced in general I would say [considering people had played the game far less as opposed to now].

However this season, while I can understand the frustration of people due to massive number of clueless players doing random things, it does get better from tier 10 onward I would say. Just initially you would need to surge past a large quantity of "derp" players :P, soon after that quality still takes over. Also the new addition of not losing a star is a welcome addition to make sure significantly skilled players dont have to go back and forth too much due to team's inept playing. So yeah, all in all it has become far more competitive. 

p.s I am finding it harder this season to get the rank 1 position in team even when its something I am putting some effort into, as opposed to previous seasons, where topping the team was far more frequent if I remember correctly. 

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

dropped back to r12 0 stars again, the ammount of derps and morons is just wow, i was in a team with 2 bloody nukeburgs... 2:angry:idiots who got themselves killed in the first 3 minuets because they thought it was a good idea to steam in to a smoke pile with 2 mahans and 1wica inside

i am done with rank for this week, i shall.wait until the players in r12 are so stupid, i can kill them all until i play rank again

120 posts
22,784 battles

Well if you're saying Nurnberg, then I can somewhat understand the planning/gamble he/they took in that scenario, given nurn's amazing torps, good handling and german hydroacoustic advantage, it does appear to be a viable option. If it somehow went right, could have basically decided the game in first 3 mins... taking out 3 of them in a brave and sacrificial manner [considering 1 nurn dying]. :P. But yeah I do understand what you mean, I had to play like 10+ battles to go from 15-14, and then went straight to 11, and then needed a further 10 or so battles to go to 10.  

Beta Tester
906 posts

I was so close to rank 10 last night. It was my final game for that last star.

We were winning, 1 saipan, 1 nagato vs another nagato. We got 1 out of the 3 caps on shatter (middle cap) with a lead in points.

I ask the saipan to go cap A, which is away from the nagato. He decides to try and kill the 50k hp nagato using 2 bombers (like 2 / 6 bombers left). Game didn't end well we lost by 60 points as the time ran down. I asked him when there were 5 minutes left, there was plenty of time to get A.

Well there goes that star. Another grind again back to 10.

You have people playing and then you have literally dumb people that don't understand the mechanics of caps and points. You win by points not by kills. So any technical win on points is still a win. I get frustrated when I see CVs in ranked, I have not seen any spectacular plays from CVs in all of my games played so far.

At other times, I ask the team members to push, because there is just no time left. If your behind you have to do it. Nope still stay back. I hope I can pull away from the derp pack soon.

412 posts
9,213 battles

dropped back to r12 0 stars again, the ammount of derps and morons is just wow, i was in a team with 2 bloody nukeburgs... 2:angry:idiots who got themselves killed in the first 3 minuets because they thought it was a good idea to steam in to a smoke pile with 2 mahans and 1wica inside

i am done with rank for this week, i shall.wait until the players in r12 are so stupid, i can kill them all until i play rank again

Nurnberg is easy food for cleveland and BBs :teethhappy:

I'm tired getting 18-17-16-17-18 over and over again @_@

No can do w/ my cleve without proper support (R16~R20 players are like doing what they only want to do <_<). Rarely see CV, my 75 AA is kinda useless. Unless when I can surpass R15, probably I could do something different than in R18 coz I have my gud 'lil Mahan c:

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I was so close to rank 10 last night. It was my final game for that last star.

We were winning, 1 saipan, 1 nagato vs another nagato. We got 1 out of the 3 caps on shatter (middle cap) with a lead in points.

I ask the saipan to go cap A, which is away from the nagato. He decides to try and kill the 50k hp nagato using 2 bombers (like 2 / 6 bombers left). Game didn't end well we lost by 60 points as the time ran down. I asked him when there were 5 minutes left, there was plenty of time to get A.

Well there goes that star. Another grind again back to 10.

You have people playing and then you have literally dumb people that don't understand the mechanics of caps and points. You win by points not by kills. So any technical win on points is still a win. I get frustrated when I see CVs in ranked, I have not seen any spectacular plays from CVs in all of my games played so far.

At other times, I ask the team members to push, because there is just no time left. If your behind you have to do it. Nope still stay back. I hope I can pull away from the derp pack soon.

i have seen similar games. We had 2 caps on shatter and where in the 900s.1 mutuski on our side vs 2 nagatos. The dd could have helped multiple times but didn't. Heck at the end the closest nag to him had only 4k hp left. Nope he sails to the pristine one launches torps and sails under detection range. The nagato kills him. We were at 954 with two caps....

How do people play this mode or game even to t6 or t7 and not be able to play. 

350 posts

Cracked Rank 15 last night on the back of some good teams and solid Farragutting by me. 

Not sure if I'll keep going with Ranked though. It is just normal gameplay in most respects. Saw a Rank 12 last night, running his Fuso 2 battles in a row. He was unapologetic.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

Believe me FG when you get to rank 9 there will still be people running their T6 ships, mostly Mutsuki's who the moment they get isolated by the horde of gunboat DD's going around die pretty much instantly.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Cracked Rank 15 last night on the back of some good teams and solid Farragutting by me. 

Not sure if I'll keep going with Ranked though. It is just normal gameplay in most respects. Saw a Rank 12 last night, running his Fuso 2 battles in a row. He was unapologetic.

dude Fuso does just fine if the player knows what they are doing. Angle your armour right and go to the right part of the map you will be able to support your team. Shoot HE at targets you cannot penetrate and you instantly turn into a massive Zao

50 posts
3,289 battles

How I'm feeling about this endless cycle of win loss loss loss win win loss loss loss

After 30 battles I've fallen back to my starting rank 18 :(

AFK and troll/suicide players being an absolute pain as well

I feel you man, was 1 star away from rank 12, which is a safe rank but my losing streak started there, ended up back at rank 13 1 star today :( I really want to just ignore ranked, but seeing the rewards and time left... ugh:red_button:

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

This link explains amount of time it takes to rank up, way to much pressure for very little gain really. 

http://shipcomrade.com/news/116/getboat-time-management.html

wow, that's an insane amount of time. If a player of that caliber needs that much time, how much would the average player need. 
Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Beta Tester
906 posts

This season will be brutal the amount of games needed.

Probably wouldn't surprise me if those trying don't get enough games can't get them started at rank 5+. Might as well throw in the towel earlier.

Its only gold + a USS Flint (which is pretty much an Atlanta).

Sign in to follow this