Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Cyclones favour DD's?.

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Taken from the reason for patch delay:

Cyclone weather preset spreading to more maps:

You’ve raised concerns that this change feels like favoritism towards destroyers and their gameplay style. Previously, the chance to draw the North map with Cyclone active while playing high-tiers was in the region of 7%, while in 0.5.7, the overall chance to play Cyclone on any map will increase only by a very small amount. The chance for destroyer captains to totally dominate the match-maker and the battlefield will not be significantly higher than it is now, but the overall variety of map and gameplay environments will increase.

Now the way I see it, if a DD is forced to attack from 7kms or less, isn't that much better for the BB's and cruisers trying to counter their attack?.

Because lit is lit, and in cyclone everything can only be seen from 7kms or closer. Without cyclone, a DD can attack from 10kms or more from target.

I really like being in a cyclone when I'm in Atlanta, because when the DD gets lit, HULK SMASH.

I also look forward to more cyclones in more maps.

Discuss:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Simple,

Anything above the limited view range during cyclone can't see the enemy directly

so argument about Enemy CA invis firing is bullshit during cyclone (for anyone who argue about that)

also since the limited view range also limiting the Detection range, we can't find a battleship more than that view range unless a firendly ship or plane scout the said ship. And we still can't see that ship on our screen

it is a lot easier to notice there is a DD nearby at 8 km radius since the DD can only see you in 8 km as well, making Radar consumable much more appealing during cyclone

Edited by Harpoon01

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

So much talk of how dangerous cyclones are because of DDs and torps- And all the hell I ever witnessed was running into a Kiev with my Hatsuharu without smoke or speed boosts.

Seriously, firing torps in cyclone conditions is no different from blindly firing torpedoes at caps.

If anything, I fear BBs popping up at 8km more than anything.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Cyclones favor anyone who knows how to make most use of it.

DDs use it to fight 1v1 because cruisers at 10km cant see/shoot them.

CAs use it to get the jump on some ships. Heck they can see on the minimap the silhouette of other ships and act accordingly.

CVs planes only get shot at at 3km. Ships only have 3km buffer to take evasive action.

BBs can get the jump on some blind CAs, BBs. DDs are tricky. Miss your 1st salvo and youre in for a paddlin.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Do you lose sight of your own team in cyclones? I've only ever played it in PT using US BB's and didn't notice if you lose track of your own team. I'd also like to see it at all tiers as it throws a whole new complexion to the game.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

lol, there was one match where myself(izumo) and a iowa lead a YOLO charge down the big island in front of B, and by the time that the storm cleared, we kill 1 amagi and 1 atago on the way down, and we moved under the island to head back to B from below that's when the visability started to return, Lo and behold, sitting like a row of targets in front of A was 2 Iowas and 2 izumos, with their belly towards us, parked:trollface:, it was a total turkey shoot, we evaporated all 4 of them within 3 minutes:(too bad i didn't turn the replay on cuz i just reinstalled the game

1,124 posts

plane shouldn't be able to fly during cyclone =w=

I play fubuki during cyclone hit, spotted by enemy benson....

he laugh at my torp, dodge as easy as pie, chasing me with superior speed and superior gun...

R.I.P. myself T_T

227 posts
2,651 battles

Really, Higher Tier DDs usually have sea detection range of 6.1Km (w/o CE skill), and view range is just 8Km, just 2Km to maneuver and it isn't going anywhere if your consumable is in cooldown time.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

Remember: Cyclones make everything render only within 8 km (unless using radar?).

This means that pretty much anything with over 8 km concealment gets 8 km concealment for free. 

Now, you would think that this benefits BBs the most. Well, BBs cannot react very quickly due to slow turrets/rudder shift, but can still be a nasty surprise at 8 km to have a BB shoot at you.

I have not seen CVs discussed too much in this scenario. Remember, planes can only spot and be spotted at 3 km. This makes visual acquisition of ships using planes a bit of a pain, but if your allies have spotted it already (visible on minimap), then that means that it is possible for you to get in, drop, and get out of AA fire within a few seconds, ensuring you do not get hit by too much AA fire. Good CV players are horrifying in this scenario as they can either keep track of enemies OR perform strikes that are literally out of thin air (3 km is not very far). Of course, doing such a strike requires fast reactions and proper drop placement at the same time. If you are not good enough, your planes will simply circle or perform a bad drop.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

try gunboad DD. as a gunboat dd you wanted to target with your pea shooter beyond 10km. specially russian dd like kiev with 9 km detection range but 4km torpedo range is not great with cylone.

Sign in to follow this