You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TE_Deathskyz

RIP Nagato Secondary Build

38 comments in this topic

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-057-patchnotes/

Second Upgrade Slot 

Removed Upgrades:
  • Secondary Battery Modification 2 (+20% to secondary battery maximum firing range; -20% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells)
  •  
Added Upgrades:
  • Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 (+16% to main battery maximum firing range; -5% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells; +5% to secondary battery maximum firing range). This upgrade will be available only for US battleships
  • Aiming Systems Modification 1 (+5% to secondary battery maximum firing range; -5% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells; +20% to the torpedo tubes traverse speed; -7% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells)

You will be missed. 2015-2016.

Warspite is safe though...

Reasons for the changes to Secondary Battery Modifications

After the Secondary Aim fix was applied in 0.5.6, we increased its effectiveness on all ships. At the same time, Secondary Battery Modification 2 was only used by just ~ 5% of the player population. Because of these two points, we decided to exclude the modification from the game. Warspite is the only exception, because she was the only ship on whom this modification was rather popular. We've kept Secondary Battery Modification 2 on her. For all owners of high-tier ships, we've upgraded Secondary Battery Modification 3 which now has several improvements for secondary batteries. Also, Aiming Systems Modification will give some boost for secondary weaponry as well.

2i9njm.jpg

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

173 posts
5,332 battles

Actually it isn't. Came from the PT Server and confirmed that the Increased Secondary Range for the Nagato will be available on the third slot. Damage Control, Reduced Critical Damage on Propulsion and Steering Gears will be moved to the Fourth Slot and the Propulsion and Steering Gears Modification along with Damage Control Modification 2 will be moved to a NEW FIFTH SLOt for Nagato

As quoted:

Third Upgrade Slot

For this slot, the available upgrades are now more useful in terms of purposefully enhancing the performance of auxiliary armament.

Reworked Upgrades:

Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% to main battery loading time; -17% to the main battery traverse speed): the penalty has been decreased to -13% to the main battery traverse speed

Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 (-7% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells): the bonus has been increased to -11% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells. This upgrade will be available only for US battleships

AA Guns Modification 3 (+20% to average damage per second of AA mounts): the bonus has been increased to +25% to average damage per second of AA mounts

Secondary Battery Modification 3 (-20% to secondary battery loading time): the bonus has been increased to -25% to secondary battery loading time; and new bonuses have been added, namely +20% to secondary battery maximum firing range and -15% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells

I do the math and the Nagato's new secondary range will be around 7.8 km. Throw in the flag and it will be much higher.:ohmy:

Edited by KirstieBeau

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Actually it isn't. Came from the PT Server and confirmed that the Increased Secondary Range for the Nagato will be available on the third slot. Damage Control, Reduced Critical Damage on Propulsion and Steering Gears will be moved to the Fourth Slot and the Propulsion and Steering Gears Modification along with Damage Control Modification 2 will be moved to a NEW FIFTH SLOt for Nagato

As quoted:

Third Upgrade Slot

For this slot, the available upgrades are now more useful in terms of purposefully enhancing the performance of auxiliary armament.

Reworked Upgrades:

Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% to main battery loading time; -17% to the main battery traverse speed): the penalty has been decreased to -13% to the main battery traverse speed

Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 (-7% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells): the bonus has been increased to -11% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells. This upgrade will be available only for US battleships

AA Guns Modification 3 (+20% to average damage per second of AA mounts): the bonus has been increased to +25% to average damage per second of AA mounts

Secondary Battery Modification 3 (-20% to secondary battery loading time): the bonus has been increased to -25% to secondary battery loading time; and new bonuses have been added, namely +20% to secondary battery maximum firing range and -15% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells

I do the math and the Nagato's new secondary range will be around 7.8 km. Throw in the flag and it will be much higher.:ohmy:

Isnt the third slot is only for Tier 9s and 10s?

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

133 posts

As quoted:

Third Upgrade Slot

Reworked Upgrades:

That my friend is the T9/T10 upgrade.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

After the Secondary Aim fix was applied in 0.5.6, we increased its effectiveness on all ships. At the same time, Secondary Battery Modification 2 was only used by just ~ 5% of the player population. Because of 

What Fix ?

Secondary range performance increase, were only for 5inch American cannon if I remember.

btw

F

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles

This also affects high tier battleships. Now, to get the long-range secondaries, you have to use the third module slot which precludes using powerful modules like the main gun ROF increase (Izumo) or -11% main gun dispersion (for USN). Only Yamatos might possibly find this new module appealing.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

okay.. time to take that commander from nagato and turn back into fuso

atleast usig fuso, i might face a wyoming 

Edited by XP_On

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

can't we create a poll to convince the devs to bring back the secondary upgrade 2 for nagato and tirpitz?

I concur, for the Tirpitz especially, this was my favourite build!

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

fix for this :

Ic

I thought it because they increase few of secondaries base range (mostly on USN), so they remove range upgrade

Beta Tester
908 posts

God damn. I have a secondary specced nagato for ranked .Including 5th level captain.

It was rather useful. Now what. Spend money to reejig the captain skills?

Wargaming needs to refund captain skills that are specced for secondaries. Why would I take this skill now at 5.5km range?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/15835-concerning-update-057/

hold those obituaries and reskills....

This is a prime example of why acting on the speculation isn't always the best thing to do.

Waiting for the actual patch to be implemented and checking that the change was included is always a cheaper option!

Beta Tester
908 posts

This is a prime example of why acting on the speculation isn't always the best thing to do.

Waiting for the actual patch to be implemented and checking that the change was included is always a cheaper option!

Its got nothing about whether a patch drops or not. I havn't changed anything yet.

But if wargaming decides to change modules and stuff, then we should be refunded captain skills that work with these module builds. So we can select again. Its not fair that they keep changing things as a result render some skills useless. We based our skill around what is available at the time.

I might as well just go all out concealment, which is what all my other captains have. Then be done with it, I won't care what they change in the future then.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

the way i see this, is this thread reach the developer and they realize our complains.. LOL
Edited by XP_On