Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

Rank Battle is Broken (to a degree)

121 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,315 battles

After rank 15, match is almost dominated and decided by DDs. American/Russian/German Cruisers extinct, Japanese Destroyers extinct.

Blysawica wins the day, Myoko is second to none, any BB that dare to appear either gets torped or burned to death.

RIP ranked battle past rank 15 

Your thoughts? Keep it civil. Go.

507 posts
9,829 battles

Basically dd's Dictate the Pace of the match and how it progresses.Blys absolutely is one of those P2W ships this Season. I wish they told us sooner about Ranked so we could get the Commander ready but oh well.

PS : Anyone else bugged by the fact that you don't get that Extra One star after reaching a Rank considering that there are 5 - 6 freakin stars at higher Ranks?

634 posts
6,315 battles

Basically dd's Dictate the Pace of the match and how it progresses.Blys absolutely is one of those P2W ships this Season. I wish they told us sooner about Ranked so we could get the Commander ready but oh well.

PS : Anyone else bugged by the fact that you don't get that Extra One star after reaching a Rank considering that there are 5 - 6 freakin stars at higher Ranks?

Wait you dont get the extra one star? Im pretty sure I got it everytime

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

After rank 15, match is almost dominated and decided by DDs

Not 100% all the time, even DDs manage to cap and hold all the cap perfectly but if BBs and CAs (or CV) just sitting there and do nothing is still impossible to win. 

American/Russian/German Cruisers extinct, Japanese Destroyers extinct.

Not entirely true, Certain ship have there certain advantage even the go-to or the popular ships you list are the best of their tier but in certain situation some ship will out perform them.

Lets say Atlanta manage to hide behind some island and lob shell on the battleship <-- certainly better than Myoko who have to go around and expose to battleship gun fire.

BB that dare to appear either gets torped or burned to death.

Is BB job to tank damages for the team anyways, and is also a DD job to smoke BB upon request.

507 posts
9,829 battles

Wait you dont get the extra one star? Im pretty sure I got it everytime

You don't get it After you reach First League.Kinda Easy to go back one rank if you lose that one especially. 

Beta Tester
629 posts
6,905 battles

After rank 15, match is almost dominated and decided by DDs. American/Russian/German Cruisers extinct, Japanese Destroyers extinct.

Blysawica wins the day, Myoko is second to none, any BB that dare to appear either gets torped or burned to death.

RIP ranked battle past rank 15 

Your thoughts? Keep it civil. Go.

This is how ranked has always been. DD's are the key to winning and killing the enemy DD's will almost certainly win you the game.

That doesn't mean that other ships can't carry the game though. If you are in a cruiser your job is to support your DD's to kill the enemy DD's - you do this well enough then the enemy will retreat or die and your DD's will cap. If you're a BB and you can put effective fire into the enemy cruisers then they will fall back,  which means your DD's won't be crushed and will be able to cap. 

If any part of this falls down your team will most likely lose. In this way a win is truly a team effort. 

Having said that, it all hinges around having good DD captains - they're like a winger in rugby or a striker in football - the team is needed to set them up, but they're the ones who need to finish the move and score. 

[MEGA]
4,664 posts
17,918 battles

to be truly powerful with wica, you need CE and BFT, which means a total of 16skill points, not too many people out there who have that kind of captain(my self not included =3), and mahan and sims can both contest the bylswica in capping, but lacks either speed or torping ability

hatusuharu and mutsuki can still actually do a lot of contrabution to the team, due to the fact that it has 1 whole less mile of detection range then all other DDs, making it one of the most disgusting opponents I've faced in the wica, but you will need to totally count on your teammate's skill to kill the other DDs when you light them up, and frankly, i dont trust the 80% of the morons playing rank right now

at the end of the day, it all comes down to whether or not your teams can hold the cap when playing a DD

as for the BBs... well the BB meta in this season is a bloody joke, nagato's armor provide NO protection from ANY angle, i have been citadeled*3 from the bow more then one time in rank, so i stopped playing the nagato, colorado is too slow to get in position in time and even when it does, it's LOL guns does little to no damage while it's a stilling duck for all the CAs and gunboat DDs this season. oh, and did i mention that both these ships are oily sleek? by that i mean they catch fire if you even light a smoke in their 10km radious

this season has become all about how fast each team's gunboats and CAs can kill eachother's DDs, the team with more DDs left after the first encounter will likely win

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

wica is OP enough even with low captian skills that rank is already broken, imagine if noob P2W players were out in force, that's a scary thought

I kinda prefer DDs with CE cuz i can out play Blys with no CE by light it up all day long and let CAs shoot at it till it had enough then i go cap like a real gentleman :trollface:

I am kind of tempted to try an Atlanta in ranked. Seems like it would do well. 

It will do well in some certain situation, that DPM is not joking.

dont, just... dont...... i beg of you

But yea you shound not :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[MEGA]
4,664 posts
17,918 battles

I kinda prefer DDs with CE cuz i can out play Blys with no CE by light it up all day long and let CAs shoot at it till it had enough then i go cap like a real gentleman :trollface:

i have CE too on wica, so i'll light you up right back:trollface:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

if only you can use commander from other nation....

Oh god i will buy it tonight :D:D:D

Well. The only thing that is stopping me is the fact that I do not have an Atlanta. :P

P.s: That can be rectified. :D

Main problems with me and my friends is.. we kinda want to try the Atlanta because we know the potential but we not willing to buy it because we know in most case it sux and we will ended up want to sell it :D:D:D

i have CE too on wica, so i'll light you up right back:trollface:

See you in Rank 9 then :trollface:

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

That is the same thing that is stopping me Melo. 

Thats why you need Flint cuz they are free and you dont actually want to sell it :great:
Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Sign in to follow this