Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fragkat

Anyone know why as an Aussie I cant play on USA servers?

8 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,613 battles

I have made 3 accounts, different emails an every single time even with VPN it forces me back here.... Are Aussies IP blocked to USA?... I find that hard to believe....

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Make sure you're using the correct client to connect to other regions. ASIA client will only connect to ASIA. Download the NA client if you want to play on NA using your NA account.

Alternatively, you can use a region changer mod without having to install multiple clients.

Alpha Tester
61 posts
1,633 battles

I have made 3 accounts, different emails an every single time even with VPN it forces me back here.... Are Aussies IP blocked to USA?... I find that hard to believe....

if you make 3 account in 3 different email but 3 of them register in the Asia server..i don't know how to say it...but as i know,they(USA) will not block IP any nations...:rolleyes: 

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

My brother and I have accounts on NA and SEA server,and plenty of others have to.So you shouldn't be getting blocked like that.

As the others said,make sure you made accounts on the servers you want to play on.

Did you use the same username on NA?  :

http://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1014805978-Fragkat/

If so,then you can either download the NA client and install separately ( if you have the space and download limits to do so I would recommend it,some events end up with slightly different versions numbers,so you won't be able to get into certain servers till the event is over on that server).

You can also follow the instructions here if you don't want to install a different client:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4690-how-to-change-server/

Find the scripts_config.xml file in the res folder,and add the line/s for the servers you want to log into:

<server online="true">
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.jp:20020" alias="WOWS ASIA"/>
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="WOWS NA"/>
    </server>

With this,it was originally the ASIA server,and the NA server has been added.You will then be able to select which region you want from the log in screen.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

The only thing I can figure is that you need to the NA webpage and download the NA version of the game and install it and register an account with them. I have accounts on Asia, NA, and EU with no problem.  

http://worldofwarships.com/

Thats the best way to do it if you have enough space/big download speed/limit.Entering the info I showed above works to.

58 posts
2,867 battles

I haven't had any issues useing the ASIA client to play on the NA server (was on last night getting to Stage 3 Arpeggio).

I use the region change script above.

The clients and server do desynch for a few days with each patch (NA is on Tue and Asia is Friday). There was also the Holloween special where they were desynch for 6 weeks.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

well, basically, if there is no special regional event ATM, then you can connect your client using region changer mod

Sign in to follow this