Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
__Superman_

Aslain's WoWS ModPack is illegal to use?

11 comments in this topic

216 posts
2,239 battles

Where did you get that impression?

Maybe because every time mods get brought up in the forums there's always someone wining and complaining about how certain mods give an unfair advantage and then state from their opinion that every mod they deem unfit are hence forth illegal. also what adds to the confusion is that WG hasn't released a confirmed list of approved mods which would clear up some of the banter of players that claim some mods are allowed/not allowed.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Where did you get that impression?

He is asking if it is a prohibited mod. He isn't sure if it is allowed.  Ryzil is spot on, there is too much ambiguity about this.

It pays to be careful about these things.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Aslain's WoWS ModPack is illegal to use?by only enabling training room?

Aslain's ModPack is safe to use, I along with several other players use it, and yes the training room mod is not illegal.

Aslain is one of the very few mod pack makers that appears to do his best to only use mods that are deemed legal by WG. I have seen him refuse to use, and remove mods that were deemed illegal for both WoT and WoWs (wasn't ruled as illegal at first and then WG stated it was thus he removed the mod). I'm sure he would like to stay trust worthy if he hopes to keep making the mod pack that work with the game since WG implemented some sort of mod authentication thing that they did a patch or two back (or so WG claimed they did).

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Legal:

• anything cosmetics
  • Damage calculator
  • even Rising Sun and Nazi swastika flag, but still not allowed to be shown in the forum
  • Custom Crosshairs

Illegal:

• Aimbot (self explanatory)
  • Map hack, letting you know enemy position even when they aren't detected (quite a thing in game such as Dota)
  • Wall hack, similar to above but you can see enemy not only from minimap but behind the island
  • anything that let you know enemy positioning detail, such as speed, course, and heading

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,349 battles

• anything that let you know enemy positioning detail, such as speed, course, and heading

Apparently minimap mod from atmaxx on Aslain gives current ship course
Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,753 battles

Apparently minimap mod from atmaxx on Aslain gives current ship course

The stock minimap gives enemy ship course as well.  The mod I believe just extends a line out the front to make it easier to see.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The stock minimap gives enemy ship course as well.  The mod I believe just extends a line out the front to make it easier to see.

Yes, pretty much the simple straight line at the ship icon is illegal enough (debatable)

Sign in to follow this