Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
angrentil

Cannot launch the game, stuck on "Game Loading..."

8 comments in this topic

3 posts
9 battles

Very sorry, my very first post here is on an issue. I have just installed World of Warships (after playing WoT for a while) on my computer (i7 4770S, GTX 780ti, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 x64), but after the game has updated itself and I try to launch it, I just get the splash screen with a progress bar saying "Game Loading...", that stops at roughly 75% or so. I let it run like that for an hour, no luck.

I tried updating the NVIDIA drivers, updating DirectX, installing VC packages, etc. I also tried reinstalling the game. And I even tried reinstalling Windows, then reinstalling the game (so no stone is left unturned), but the same issue...

I don't have any funky hardware, WoT works perfectly on maximum graphics settings, so I'm wondering what's wrong here...

Thanks in advance!

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

where are you installing wows? if you install it in a separate directory it should be better. Also when you launch the game, try using the safe mode by clicking on the little triangle next to the play button in the launcher. Also what resolution are you running on? Are you sure that wows is selecting your GTX as default graphics processor not the basic graphics processor?

I run it on my laptop with way lower specs and it loads in less than a minute. I made a separate partition for wows so it loads better but I don't think that would affect the loading of the actual game. Try what I have said and see how you go, if it doesn't work I'll think of something else 

3 posts
9 battles

Thanks Fenrir!

So I tried in both the default installation folder (C:\Games\World_of_Warships I believe), which resides on my main 256GB SSD drive, and I've tried on my D drive as well (separate 2TB 7200rpm hard disk drive, where I typically install my games) under D:\Games\WoWS), no success.

On its first launch, WoWS seems to run in windowed mode (which forces it to use my GTX), at a resolution that looks to be 1366x780 or similar - I run WoT and other games that support multiple monitors in 5760x1080 resolution using NVidia Surround.

--- (Kinda) Fixed ----

Disabling NVidia Surround makes the game work, and I can actually log in. Reenabling NVidia Surround makes it stop working. It seems to be very clearly a bug here.

Edited by angrentil

507 posts
9,827 battles

Thanks Fenrir!

So I tried in both the default installation folder (C:\Games\World_of_Warships I believe), which resides on my main 256GB SSD drive, and I've tried on my D drive as well (separate 2TB 7200rpm hard disk drive, where I typically install my games) under D:\Games\WoWS), no success.

On its first launch, WoWS seems to run in windowed mode (which forces it to use my GTX), at a resolution that looks to be 1366x780 or similar - I run WoT and other games that support multiple monitors in 5760x1080 resolution using NVidia Surround.

--- (Kinda) Fixed ----

Disabling NVidia Surround makes the game work, and I can actually log in. Reenabling NVidia Surround makes it stop working. It seems to be very clearly a bug here.

Wow would look amazing in surround. That amount of info on screen...

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Thanks Fenrir!

--- (Kinda) Fixed ----

I'm glad I could help, but holy shit that's a lot of monitors!

3 posts
9 battles

Thanks guys!

Yes, I actually tested version 0.5.7 today, and it worked flawlessly on the three monitors, gives a great view angle :) (reason for my having so many monitors is for flight simulation, comes in very handy)

I'll just wait until the version gets released in Prod :)

Thanks again!

507 posts
9,827 battles

Thanks guys!

Yes, I actually tested version 0.5.7 today, and it worked flawlessly on the three monitors, gives a great view angle :) (reason for my having so many monitors is for flight simulation, comes in very handy)

I'll just wait until the version gets released in Prod :)

Thanks again!

A screenshot of the 3 Monitors possible?

Sign in to follow this