Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Ace_MaN

Victory is not based on personal skills but on teammates.

29 comments in this topic

10 posts
83 battles

I have a problem here and that problem is my stat have a 42.50% victory on most battle and on them Iam mostly alive and have kills but still my teammates wont do any good and just troll around like dora (Island hopping). And that could pose a problem and put up a difficulty if you want to join a specific clan based on stats.

Edited by The_Ace_MaN

359 posts
2,819 battles

Your battles count are still too low to worry about winrate. You can simply be unlucky.

Yes, in this game, your winrate is mostly influence by team. But there will be time when you are the factor. In which win or lose happen on your performance. These game will separate good players from bad players. Good players will win for their team while bad players do not

Iam mostly alive and have kills

This is not for the purpose of making fun of you, but to have you evaluate yourselves better .

Your stats is not looking so good as you claimed

Survive 7 out of 73 game. Deal less than server average in most ships. Kill 0.33 ship per game

https://warships.today/player/2010225884/asia/The_Ace_MaN

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2010225884-The_Ace_MaN/!/pvp/overview/

My condolences on your bad teammate. I'm not the one who can call other bad but you encounter worst player than you at some points

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

112 posts
1,431 battles

Victory is totally reliant on your team mates......thats pretty much a given.

Unfortunately, you will find yourself teamed with those who are more interested with not getting their paint scratched, than actually taking a risk for the win, more often than not.

Self preservation seems to be the key on this server.....adapt as bst you can, but don't expect much in the way of improvement.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I have a problem here and that problem is my stat have a 42.50% victory on most battle and on them Iam mostly alive and have kills but still my teammates wont do any good and just troll around like dora (Island hopping). And that could pose a problem and put up a difficulty if you want to join a specific clan based on stats.

For once you do only have less then 100 battles not more then 500-1000 battles so it kind of useless to say that unless you have 500+battle then you have the right and beside you are in low tier battles so low tier are froobs playing so try to get to mid tier and high tier situations will be improved.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,408 battles

Most of the time winning depends on ur teammates.

And everyone is responsible for losing... you can't just walk away and say teammates are bad.

Edited by R3negade

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Your battle count is low, you're just starting off on the adventure that will be WoWs.

You can't be expected to have a good WR at such a low battle count, no one is born a unicum-it must be learned. You can never stop learning here. The person who thinks he/she knows it all is one who doesn't  take on new ideas, thus stagnates in their own world.

By the time you are ready for a clan, your stats would have improved.

As for the teams influencing WR, they don't. It's true, there can be 'good' and 'bad' teams, but it evens itself out. The only player who affects your WR is you.

A good way to learn is co-op battles. Play more of them.

Above all, do not be in a hurry to move up tiers. The higher tier you go, the more experienced players you will meet. So do not be tempted to get a high tier prem ship, it will disappoint you and your team mates.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,771 battles

Over a large sample of battles, player skill is completely reflected by solo win rate.  As someone else in this thread said, you are the only constant in all your battles, this means that if your win rate is above or below average it is because your level of play is above or below average.

Having said that, there is no need to get upset if your stats are below average.  You can improve, and the first thing you must do to improve is to accept that in any loss there are things you could have done that could potentially have turned that loss into a win.  You should reflect on that loss and your tactics, and consider what you might do better if presented with a similar situation in another battle.  In this way you will slowly increase your abilities, and you can get the satisfaction of improving yourself.

Another good way to improve is to watch guides or gameplay from quality players (Flamu, ichase and atsf are a good place to start) or read guides on the forums and the WoWS subreddit.  What's important is that when you do this you then consider what you have seen or read and apply it to some of the situations you find yourself in during a battle.

It's a slow process, and one that never ends because even the best players are able to improve, but a little application will make you a better player, and hopefully increase the enjoyment you get from playing the game.  :)

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

How do you manage that win rate's...i'll never understand.it's just not enough sometimes to carry the game.

The short answer to that question is "Yes. Like in almost any other field, game or not." If you want a longer answer, please continue reading.

Games are hard. Very hard. As they should be.

To grab the player's attention and to keep them entertained, game developers have to make it impossible for players to play perfect games, let alone repeat that at will, because players enjoy a challenge (look at Dark Souls). However, they also need to balance the game's difficulty with playability, or the player base will get frustrated and simply stop playing (look at Flappy Bird). As a result, it will make the game "easy" (in a sense) - the bare minimum needed to be decent (at whatever definition the developers have set the bar to be). Many players will, by definition, meet this standard, and (unfortunately) most never get any better, never realizing that they could improve towards the ideal of perfect play.

Good and challenging games, in my opinion, will present you with much more information than most people can process, at rates faster than most players can handle, and give you the chance to more decision paths for the decisions that you have to make than what most players are able to even comprehend. This allows for multiple paths to the objective of the game. Even better games will continuously throw you into new situations, forcing you to adapt, because humans are known for being able to do the same thing over and over again (until it becomes nothing more than muscle memory), and generally horrible at doing something new and unexpected all the time.

It's difficult to get good at games because any deficiency will be a severe bottleneck for pushing the envelope of skill, and repetition will only get you so far. Let us use this game as a context. If you cannot process enough information quickly enough, you will not be aware of all the paths that are available to you in your pursuit of victory. You will be unable to properly react to new situations that pop up quickly enough, such as an assault by the enemy team on your flank, or torpedoes headed your way, or salvoes with your citadel's name on it.

Do not get me wrong - you can still get by, but there is a caveat attached: you will never be as good the player who has those skills. These are just the basics. If you are unable to (for instance) communicate properly and efficiently (or even communicate at all) in this team-based game, your success in this game (as well as any other team-based game in general) plummets. However, I also believe that players can get better, with time and experience.

In my own case, I am able to take all the information that the game feeds me and arrange it in such a manner that I can see what both teams can do this turn, as well as several steps ahead. I can basically see things happening.

However, it is also worth noting that I simply like such mind exercises, and in my childhood, I played chess (as some people may remember, I played against a self-proclaimed 1700-1900 FIDE rating person - remember doto, anyone? - on the World of Tanks Asia forums and destroyed him each time, and that was me when I had not touched chess in years), and strategy games (Dune, Sim City, C&C, Red Alert, Football Manager, Total War...). I also like to analyse what I did in a match; I actively ask "how I could have done step X better," or "what if I had chosen decision path Y?" I am at a point where I do not simply follow what YouTubers do and say verbatim, instead taking note of what they did in a match and adding it to my repertoire, and continually...asking questions based on what I see from the information I am given with the end-goal being simply put, to win.

I don't have a "Haku's Quick-and-Easy Guide to be a Unicum in Just 3 Steps!" for you. There is no one way to being a good player. I can simply get you started:

• Play the game. Use mental exercises; attempt to parse more and more information, gaining experience in the process.
  • Watch how the YouTubers do it. There is no need to expend countless amounts of time and effort to slog through how to play a ship well when someone has done most (and I cannot stress this enough) of the work for you to get you acquainted with the basics of playing.
  • Don't rest on your laurels. Train your relevant skills regularly.

Once you've had an idea of the basics, set out developing your own style. Learn the Way, then find your own Way.

Edited by Haku

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Basically...

People need to ask themselves more.

If I do [ACTION X], what can I achieve?

If I cap this zone, what can I achieve?

If I try to sink this enemy ship, what can I achieve?

Then weigh what you plan to achieve against the risk of doing [ACTION X].

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

If only it were that simple.

Edit: I wrote something similar on this very topic, albeit an entry-level article for what we are discussing here. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

Edited by Haku

507 posts
9,827 battles

The short answer to that question is "Yes. Like in almost any other field, game or not." If you want a longer answer, please continue reading.

Games are hard. Very hard. As they should be.

To grab the player's attention and to keep them entertained, game developers have to make it impossible for players to play perfect games, let alone repeat that at will, because players enjoy a challenge (look at Dark Souls). However, they also need to balance the game's difficulty with playability, or the player base will get frustrated and simply stop playing (look at Flappy Bird). As a result, it will make the game "easy" (in a sense) - the bare minimum needed to be decent (at whatever definition the developers have set the bar to be). Many players will, by definition, meet this standard, and (unfortunately) most never get any better, never realizing that they could improve towards the ideal of perfect play.

Good and challenging games, in my opinion, will present you with much more information than most people can process, at rates faster than most players can handle, and give you the chance to more decision paths for the decisions that you have to make than what most players are able to even comprehend. This allows for multiple paths to the objective of the game. Even better games will continuously throw you into new situations, forcing you to adapt, because humans are known for being able to do the same thing over and over again (until it becomes nothing more than muscle memory), and generally horrible at doing something new and unexpected all the time.

It's difficult to get good at games because any deficiency will be a severe bottleneck for pushing the envelope of skill, and repetition will only get you so far. Let us use this game as a context. If you cannot process enough information quickly enough, you will not be aware of all the paths that are available to you in your pursuit of victory. You will be unable to properly react to new situations that pop up quickly enough, such as an assault by the enemy team on your flank, or torpedoes headed your way, or salvoes with your citadel's name on it.

Do not get me wrong - you can still get by, but there is a caveat attached: you will never be as good the player who has those skills. These are just the basics. If you are unable to (for instance) communicate properly and efficiently (or even communicate at all) in this team-based game, your success in this game (as well as any other team-based game in general) plummets. However, I also believe that players can get better, with time and experience.

In my own case, I am able to take all the information that the game feeds me and arrange it in such a manner that I can see what both teams can do this turn, as well as several steps ahead. I can basically see things happening.

However, it is also worth noting that I simply like such mind exercises, and in my childhood, I played chess (as some people may remember, I played against a self-proclaimed 1700-1900 FIDE rating person - remember doto, anyone? - on the World of Tanks Asia forums and destroyed him each time, and that was me when I had not touched chess in years), and strategy games (Dune, Sim City, C&C, Red Alert, Football Manager, Total War...). I also like to analyse what I did in a match; I actively ask "how I could have done step X better," or "what if I had chosen decision path Y?" I am at a point where I do not simply follow what YouTubers do and say verbatim, instead taking note of what they did in a match and adding it to my repertoire, and continually...asking questions based on what I see from the information I am given with the end-goal being simply put, to win.

I don't have a "Haku's Quick-and-Easy Guide to be a Unicum in Just 3 Steps!" for you. There is no one way to being a good player. I can simply get you started:

• Play the game. Use mental exercises; attempt to parse more and more information, gaining experience in the process.
  • Watch how the YouTubers do it. There is no need to expend countless amounts of time and effort to slog through how to play a ship well when someone has done most (and I cannot stress this enough) of the work for you to get you acquainted with the basics of playing.
  • Don't rest on your laurels. Train your relevant skills regularly.

Once you've had an idea of the basics, set out developing your own style. Learn the Way, then find your own Way.

Ummm....My question was Rhetorical.But Thanks for taking the time to Answer tho...:rolleyes:

Edited by petee

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

there are 4 vital things to win a match

> The Teammate

> The Player

> The Ship

> The Strategy

In this game, what you search is not kill, but Damage and capture point. Those are the winning point for your team

better shooting at broadsiding full HP enemy ship than a running hard-to-hit ship with lowest hp (and you count as Kill Stealer for doing so)

as for the OP, 24 kills out of 73 battle does not sit well with me

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Ummm....My question was Rhetorical.But Thanks for taking the time to Answer tho...:rolleyes:

I was in a sharing mood. Especially with France vs. Romania in a few hours at the time (WHAT A GOAL FROM DMITRI PAYET!).

I did not just write that post with you in mind, but for the public in general (without naming names).

178 posts
2,306 battles

I was in a sharing mood. Especially with France vs. Romania in a few hours at the time (WHAT A GOAL FROM DMITRI PAYET!).

I did not just write that post with you in mind, but for the public in general (without naming names).

Thanks for sharing.

507 posts
9,827 battles

I get it. It's hard for me since most of the times i don't speak their language and they don't communicate.there's so much you can do at those times.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

"Not responding" is not the same as "not listening". 

507 posts
9,827 battles

Same as "Not Doing Anything". All i can do is spam F3,F7 and highlight on Map lol.

Edited by petee

Sign in to follow this