You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FirstSeaLord

We need to worry about this...

30 comments in this topic

11 posts
2,964 battles

I am not the worlds greatest aimer but the other in one battle me and another CA from my side were shooting at a DD and we couldn't get a hit on it, I thought it was just my crappy aim but it seems it could of been something else.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I don't beleib it. 

How could you have time to avoid a salvo after it has been fired?.  not all engagements are made at maximum range.

If you are not in something like CV or BB, you do have some time to avoid the shots or most of it.

Regardless, this is what happens when a game developer allows modification yet not have a sufficiently powerful anti-cheat team to deal with it. 

Not like I care much though, recently I only play ships for fun. If WG introduces a good PvE mode I'd not bother PvP again, the same reason why I left WoT for "the other game". :hiding: 

I do feel bad for some of you guys who are PvP enthusiast though, playing ranked against those cheaters gonna be really frustrating.

No evidence, no reaction.

I pretend every purely-negative thread is a regular rant.

That, and I don't even play RB- The reason why I think everyone's fired up over it.

The poster did name the hack a few posts below, I checked and it does exist. I didn't really look far into it though, since I'm neither interested in using it nor fighting it. I'm just here to have casual fun in derp random mid-tier games until I got bored of the game.

507 posts
9,826 battles

If you are not in something like CV or BB, you do have some time to avoid the shots or most of it.

Regardless, this is what happens when a game developer allows modification yet not have a sufficiently powerful anti-cheat team to deal with it. 

Not like I care much though, recently I only play ships for fun. If WG introduces a good PvE mode I'd not bother PvP again, the same reason why I left WoT for "the other game". :hiding: 

I do feel bad for some of you guys who are PvP enthusiast though, playing ranked against those cheaters gonna be really frustrating.

The poster did name the hack a few posts below, I checked and it does exist. I didn't really look far into it though, since I'm neither interested in using it nor fighting it. I'm just here to have casual fun in derp random mid-tier games until I got bored of the game.

Yea it exists.He named the Hack name in his post.Do some research you'll find it exists. Never heard of it before tho.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

So the op over there has only just cottoned onto that one. WG knows about it, they are actively trying to stop it, but like every other piece of software, it only takes a day or two for a hack to be fixed.

334 posts
12,973 battles

They exist and I think they will always exist whatever measure's put in place sooner or later the hacks will find a way around, through or under it. Not worth the stress to worry about it. If a multi billion dollar company like microsoft can't stop people hacking their systems what real chance has WG got.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yea it exists.He named the Hack name in his post.Do some research you'll find it exists. Never heard of it before tho.

If a cheat is popular enough to be known by many, WG would have taken steps to take it down immediately (takes time though).

But that's the thing, if the cheat isn't very popular (despite it giving massive advantage), you won't have to deal with it so often in random games.

Ranked though, is another matter entirely.

They exist and I think they will always exist whatever measure's put in place sooner or later the hacks will find a way around, through or under it. Not worth the stress to worry about it. If a multi billion dollar company like microsoft can't stop people hacking their systems what real chance has WG got.

^ This. The core problem lies at WG decides to allow modifications to their games. Unless more drastic measures are applied (like banning modification altogether but a few authorized modders), cheats are still gonna pop up until WG gets tired of catching up to this never ending rage.

EDIT: What bugs me more is how people protests they gonna quit or not giving WG money as soon as they realized there are cheaters around. Baby cry much?

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Allow me to clean up my statement.

The OP saw that some of the players were in rank 10 RB.

By all means, why would he/she/it not have been able to provide a name for the hackers, the shop, etc.? For something so severe, his reaction on-site is rather poor.

Describing a hack that's been identified will not rectify the problem- By all means, even I could make up the same story so I can get people to post in the thread about hackers because I've lost 10 or so times in a row from shots I couldn't dodge for multiple reasons.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Yeah it's not a hack but an aim assist and after just watching a video on it from Nov 2015 there does not appear to be anything that warns the player of incoming shells or torpedoes. So a terrible player can have some good games as a result but anyone that knows how to aim won't have any use for it. Still won't make a bad player make smarter decisions in game such as sailing broadside to opponents (saw nothing but that in the video) and it won't make any change to shell dispersion.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

But what percentage of players would be aware of, and use such a hack?

Granted, now that it's on the forums and us readers now are aware of it, but how many players use these forums? >>a very low number of the total playerbase..

I hazard a guess and say the chances are low indeed that you will come an enemy using such a hack.

WG will find them and kill  penalize them....

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Go to the 3rd page of the NA link and you will see another video  of the hack there talking about and its from warpack for wows. 

I looked at the website and its for version 5.6. 

And now we will see a influx of players using these hacks now that more player are aware of it. 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Ok, so if it's real, what are WG going to do about it?.

Because the macbeth mod on WoT was never.....dealt with.

Kinda made playing WoT, a poorer experience. And killed clans, strongholds, campaigns, individual missions and community.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

wow, just wow. i don't really know why players love to use cheat like this to play multiplayer game... what they would get when they cheat on games, nothing just pure emptiness.

didn't win because of skill

didn't duke enemy players with skill

didn't survive because of skill just nothing...

where is the fun, where is the enjoyment?

WG should really make countermeasures to cheat like this to protect ordinary player who only wanted to have fun when playing WoWs.

(ppffft... its not even hard to dodge shell. just spam WASD hack and you can dodge majority of the shell coming at your way) i guess idiots need handicap to perform well in games like this.

211 posts
9,928 battles

So the op over there has only just cottoned onto that one. WG knows about it, they are actively trying to stop it, but like every other piece of software, it only takes a day or two for a hack to be fixed.

Problem is, 3rd party programmes that do not directly affect anything in the game itself are very hard to detect. 

For example there really is no way to police Wall hacks in FPS games other than actually monitoring a player and making a decision based upon that. So i doubt anything can be done unless WG staff actually start policing the games themselves HA!

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

WG has been making head way against this (and other) mods, problem is, once a solution is found and implemented, it only takes a day or two before the mod makers are able to get around it.

There have always been, and will always be cheats in games, nothing you can do about it. Just remember - people pay real money to the mod makers for this cheat.

168 posts
5,663 battles

WG has been making head way against this (and other) mods, problem is, once a solution is found and implemented, it only takes a day or two before the mod makers are able to get around it.

There have always been, and will always be cheats in games, nothing you can do about it. Just remember - people pay real money to the mod makers for this cheat.

There is a fundamental vulnerability in the game architecture.

As long as the server sends to the client stuff that the player "shouldn't" know, hackers will figure out how to make it visible.

The only permanent fix is to limit what the client receives only to what should be knowable.   That would probably be a major re-work.  It might also introduce further gameplay issues for players with poor ping times.  But it would kill these hacks.

This hack is doubly game breaking, not only to you get to see where shells/torps will land, but you don't even need to spend skill points to do it.

Skill points in vigilance or incoming fire are freed up to go to other skills.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

"people who are too stupid to know how stupid they are".

well, we have several example both in forum and in the game, but that will count as shaming and naming

Edited by Harpoon01

168 posts
5,663 battles

^ This. The core problem lies at WG decides to allow modifications to their games. Unless more drastic measures are applied (like banning modification altogether but a few authorized modders), cheats are still gonna pop up until WG gets tired of catching up to this never ending rage.

It's not a mod, it's a hack.  Banning mods would have no effect at all on hackers.

The other alternative is to incorporate all this into the game.

If everybody has the same "advantage" it ceases to be an advantage.  It also ruins the hackers business model (they get paid for this).

They would have to do some re-balancing though, as DDs (and to a lesser extent cruisers) would be even more OP than currently the case.

Edited by Thingol

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The other alternative is to incorporate all this into the game.

If everybody has the same "advantage" it ceases to be an advantage.  It also ruins the hackers business model (they get paid for this).

They would have to do some re-balancing though, as DDs (and to a lesser extent cruisers) would be even more OP than currently the case.

that is only effective against illegal mod, but little for hacker and cheater

"Cease every advantage that can be use by regular player" encourage Cheat and hack instead

like in FPS game, Wall hack is clearly a cheat and should be banned for good  

why they make a cheat? it to get more advantage(s) over other player that have the same 'advantage'

you clearly don't know how the cheats and hacks work

"Cheating is the getting of a reward for ability or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation by dishonest means."

"in video games, cheating can take the form of secret access codes in single-player games (such as the Konami code) which unlock a bonus for the player when entered, hacks and exploits which give players an unfair advantage in online multiplayer games and single-player modes, or unfair collusionbetween players in online games (such as a player who spectates a match, removing limitations such as "fog of war", and reports on enemy positions to game partners)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating#Video_games

might as well read this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(video_gaming)

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Yes and we as players spend real money on this game that goes to WG. We are spending real money on a game and as a paying customer expect the game to be free from hacks and cheats. Cuz in the end, paying customers will stop paying real money to WG. 

124 posts

I have only basic understanding of programming. It's crude but bear with me. If WG need to step up their game, they'll need to be able to scan beyond their allocated computer RAM memory to probe potential 3rd party software that is in kind scanning WG's in the first place. Basically WoWS or supplementary software need admin level access to your computer, a.k.a. The Big Brother. In my opinion that is the only effective method to root out cheaters. Are we willing to give up our "privacy"?

Keep in mind, things could go wrong. There was one MMO had a programming error where when uninstalling the game, it deleted the whole HDD instead of just the game :child:

Yes and we as players spend real money on this game that goes to WG. We are spending real money on a game and as a paying customer expect the game to be free from hacks and cheats. Cuz in the end, paying customers will stop paying real money to WG. 

When paying customers feel the game isn't fun anymore for any reasons, customers will stop paying at best, or "if you can't beat them, join them" at worst.

Edited by Quithelion