Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hormone1971

I am struggling - advice needed

12 comments in this topic

19 posts
4,226 battles

I have viewed a number of the video’s and like but I really struggle to get much XP and cash.

I was doing OK in the Natago but the Amagi is a struggle especially getting more winnings than I have to pay in repair.

I know some of you will say WoWs is made that way to keep crap players from the upper tiers.

I just don’t see my point using lower tier ships as any XP is then wasted as you can use it to help your higher tier ships.

Same goes for my Myogi

Any tips?
Please be constructive.

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Spend money,buy premium time/premium ships.

Its a big part of their business model, if you really don't want to spend money,

you can reliably earn credits at tier 5/6,this helps prevent the game from becoming stale in the sense that everyone who reaches tier 10 can just keep playing their tier 10's without credit concerns.

Alternatively, you can play better (like you implied) and mount the -10% repair cost flag to help break even. 

This is about as constructive as it gets so please don't take offense.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

ok...

let's see, other than git gud advice

the WG games have a very good system at keeping most of the player bases plays mid tier

it is also to prevent the boring attitude after player done the grinding, like collecting his Dreamy Shiny Imperial Super Battleship Yamato, Montana, etc

if the player base all playing in high tier then the mid tier will be deserted and not competitive anymore, and the purpose become to just a grinding obstacle

it is also a good way to differ the real player and the passing by player

as a F2P player, i suggest to play decent ship like Kongou, Fuso, Isokaze, Minekaze to get the credits or buy a premium ship or membership

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I have viewed a number of the video’s and like but I really struggle to get much XP and cash.

I was doing OK in the Natago but the Amagi is a struggle especially getting more winnings than I have to pay in repair.

I know some of you will say WoWs is made that way to keep crap players from the upper tiers.

I just don’t see my point using lower tier ships as any XP is then wasted as you can use it to help your higher tier ships.

Same goes for my Myogi

Any tips?

Please be constructive.

Without any premium stuff the only path is to grind, simply put. Grind your low-mid tier ships for money, and you high tier ships for exp.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

Use flags to reduce credit costs at high tier and also mount the credit bonus on ships you do well in. A premium one is better if you have it.

At high tiers at times you will run at a loss. Always try to do high dmg and survive. Thats not snipe at long range, but dont go solo down a flank as a BB then run into a DD and 3 CA that hammer you to death. 

Stick together and play smart and credits will come. Btw the Amagi is a lot of fun!

496 posts
4,171 battles

I would suggest trying out some of the other class

i notice you haven't play any Destroyers or Carries yet

You sometimes need to get the feel of each class so that you could study and understand how they operate.

im not a strong Battleship player like you (i envy you)

General idea to make EXP on your ship , do damage, capture points

but as a battleship i guess the only thing you could do is pretty much just engage enemy battleships or cruisers with your guns

i'm not very sure of your playstyles...

Platoon with friends or find people to(best playing with friends)

i will suggest a CA and a DD player 

for Cash like all will say buy a premium ship or premium time NOPE

i will just ask you to play lower tiered ship like your Aoba, i personally find Aoba a fun ship (yes i was criticized by my friends for it but meh)

Battleships are difficult for me so i will not say much more.

Try to have fun in game =D

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Play low tiers.

There is no shame in it, and they are just as fun.

In fact, I would go as far to say that they are more dynamic than higher tiers

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Same goes for my Myogi

Any tips?

Please be constructive.

Play mid tiers seal club on it and then you will have more credits.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,614 battles

The thing is for thread starter playing lower tier won't solve his problem because he is not having great match with amagi, only thing to do is improve yourself with the amagi

Should i ask how many matches played with amagi? are you familiar yet with the ship?

It's normal to have poor games but you yourself have to be in the match do damage help your team win

124 posts

Same goes for my Myogi

Any tips?

Please be constructive.

If you're on the cheap side (such as me) but want to go beyond Tier VI, there are only few things you can do:

1. Do damage, lots of damage. More damage, more credits.

2. Buy doubloons (to convert exp) or credits from WG.

3. Buy premium days.

4. Use premium ships.

No, tiers do not discriminate crap or good players. Tiers discriminate your time and/or your wallet.

Edited by Quithelion

Sign in to follow this