Sign in to follow this  
Doonboy

Disappearing battleships

13 comments in this topic

[ANZUS]
17 posts
2,484 battles

I just had two battleships lined up by my destroyer to torpedo them.   Both within 4 ks right their in front of my eyes and they disappeared. Boof, gone.   They both had camo on and I fired at where they were for six hits then I got shot to death by two invisible ships.   Where can I get the software that did this?   I need to know so I can blow them up too.  There must be a developer out there who can turn ships on and off.

No fair. I legitimately snuck up on 'em, actually I snuck up on one cos I though there was only one there but then when two appeared I let 'em have it any way then vanish, cloak of darkness.

Not the first time I've been blown up by a close by invisible ship.

Not happy Jan.

Doonie.

[ANZUS]
17 posts
2,484 battles

It all happened to quick for a screen shot, also I didn't think about that, and I don't know how to replay.   No smoke, unless battleships can make smoke.   In any case there was no smoke.   Clear as day.   There, then gone. After they blew me up, they reappeared and sailed off into the distance. Pricks.

Doonie.

Edited by Doonboy

359 posts
2,819 battles

As I said, you will not be able to see smoke if you're in it. The smoke can be there earlier and you get into it. Or you use smoke.

How about enable replay now?

It's like loch ness monster, they appear when you got no camera. i really want to see and confirm cheat caught on replay.

359 posts
2,819 battles

Sorry for double post, but the content is entirely separate from above

Take this video as an example. The uploader seem to think it's a bug. But if I'm not mistaken I think I can explain the situation.
http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/72383-invisible-dds/page__pid__1794263#entry1794263

The Myoko charge into a smoke. The DD in smoke see him and send torp and shells out yet the Myoko didn't see him. How?
Ships cannot see pass smoke unless other allies spot for him. In this case it can be a ship northwest or planes southwest. So the DD see the Myoko. No one can spot the dd rigth now, unless you got sonar/radar.
He charge in, got shot and die. DD now move out of the smoke and ally see him (or Myoko enter assured acquisition range which is unlikely since he'e dead and the range in 2.0 km unless gain by modules.)

If the situation is reverse. Say you're in the Myoko position but you're a DD and charge the smoke with a BB in it. The BB will send secondaries (and main guns) at you because he see you with help from friendly. Until you get inside 2.0 kms range you then you will see him by your assured acquisition.

Disclaimer: This is not to say it fair, historically accurate. But I say it working as intended.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

if you are in smoke (ur smoke/other ppl smoke), then :

1. enemy will not able to see you,

2. u will not able to see enemy.

u can not see smoke if :

1. u are in the smoke

2. u are using scope mode

if u are in smoke, and enemy can't see you. can they shoot at you?

yes, they can, with a little guess, 

sometimes if the guess is correct, they will hit, but if the guess is off then they wasting 1 salvo.

[ANZUS]
17 posts
2,484 battles

Nup, no smoke anywhere, no destroyers within kooee. I was sneaking way round the back to capture the enemy base as they had all attacked our base.  All ships, that I could see, were in the vicinity of the green base. Not all ships were accounted for, so I knew there were a couple more BBs out there but they did not appear until I approached the base.  Then only one appeared and I was within 8 ks then I set up an attack from behind a rock at full DD speed and blow me down the other one appeared as I jumped out from behind the rock. I slammed the torps at one and he vanished, I slid sideways and nailed the other bugger who also disappeared then they blew my arse out of the water from nowhere. The thingy registered six torp hits but no kills then I was dead and beached. Lottsa glory and I hit 'em both but they definitely disappeared from right up close.

I'm not that fussed about it. It's just a game, but I sure would like to get me one-a-them Cloaks of Darkness.

Doonie.

Edited by Doonboy

496 posts
4,169 battles

Nup, no smoke anywhere, no destroyers within kooee. I was sneaking way round the back to capture the enemy base as they had all attacked our base.  All ships, that I could see, were in the vicinity of the green base. Not all ships were accounted for, so I knew there were a couple more BBs out there but they did not appear until I approached the base.  Then only one appeared and I was within 8 ks then I set up an attack from behind a rock at full DD speed and blow me down the other one appeared as I jumped out from behind the rock. I slammed the torps at one and he vanished, I slid sideways and nailed the other bugger who also disappeared then they blew my arse out of the water from nowhere. The thingy registered six torp hits but no kills then I was dead and beached. Lottsa glory and I hit 'em both but they definitely disappeared from right up close.

I'm not that fussed about it. It's just a game, but I sure would like to get me one-a-them Cloaks of Darkness.

Doonie.

Ughh fml i keep having misread my bad

anyways your 8ks = 8kilometers right ? 0_o

A bb could withstand 6 torp hits usually on low hp afterwards :< i think.... depends on tier

usually a BB wont disappear from sight unless they are covered in smoke or you lost direct line of sight with them due to islands,

most DD detection range is around 6-7km more or less i cant be sure.

Edited by ShiraYukira

[ANZUS]
17 posts
2,484 battles

Nup, no smoke and not hidden by islands.   They only got three each which is not enough to kill them, I know that.

Any way, it doesn't matter I guess but I'd just dearly love to be able to disappear like that.

Is there a cheat site somewhere.   Just kidding.   If I can't blow something up fair and square, I'll go play aeroplanes or something.

Its just a game, some people take it to heart.   I got two over the bows (my Gnevny destroyer) and one hit by an allied destroyer the other day cos I sat back and waited cos I'm not such a good destroyer driver just yet. Anyway way, stuff 'em, I sold all the destroyers, I'm battleship boy now.   And the Murmansk, if it ever turns up.

Doonie.

1 post
611 battles

I know what he is talking about and it makes the game stupid. There is no smoke no island they are invisible fire then back to invisible. This game really sucks now that others can do this with Cruisers & Battleships.

Red text. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I know what he is talking about and it makes the game stupid. There is no smoke no island they are invisible fire then back to invisible. This game really sucks now that others can do this with Cruisers & Battleships.

Red text. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

that is just the other ships getting out of detection range, it's a basic feature of the game, get used to it

Sign in to follow this