Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SZYZWY

Patch 0.5.7 (From EU)

41 comments in this topic

783 posts
4,821 battles

In pre-0.5.7 versions of the game, the upgrade system, while seemingly versatile, often did not provide any real choices to players. Our analysis of the popularity of upgrades has shown that many upgrades were practically never chosen, especially upgrades for auxiliary armament. We have overhauled the upgrade system to provide players with real options when enhancing their ships.

First Upgrade Slot

Almost all players mounted Main Battery Modification upgrades in the first slot because bonuses from other upgrades were too slight. With the 0.5.7 update, a new set of useful upgrades is introduced to replace the old one.

Removed Upgrades:

·        Main Battery Modification 1 (-20% to the risk of the main battery becoming incapacitated; -20% to main battery repair time; -20% to the risk of your ship's magazine detonation)

·        Torpedo Tubes Modification 1 (-20% to the risk of the torpedo tubes becoming incapacitated; -20% to torpedo tubes repair time)

·        AA Guns Modification 1 (+20% to AA mounts survivability)

·        Secondary Battery Modification 1 (+20% to secondary battery survivability)

Added Upgrades:

·        Main Armaments Modification 1 (-20% to the risk of the main battery and torpedo tubes becoming incapacitated; +50% to main battery and torpedo tubes survivability)

·        Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 (+100% to secondary battery and AA mounts survivability)

·        Magazine Modification 1 (-70% to the risk of a ship's magazine detonation)

·        Gun Fire Control System Modification 0 (+20% to traverse speed of main turrets and torpedo tubes; +20% to secondary battery maximum firing range; -64% to maximum dispersion of main and secondary battery shells). This upgrade will be available only for Premium Japanese ships with 140-mm main guns (currently: Iwaki, Yubari and Katori)

Second Upgrade Slot

For the second slot, four upgrades were combined to form two new enticing upgrades. Moreover, the Main Battery Modification upgrade became more attractive because its penalty was reduced.

Removed Upgrades:

·        Secondary Battery Modification 2 (+20% to secondary battery maximum firing range; -20% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells)

·        Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 (+16% to main battery maximum firing range)

·        Torpedo Tubes Modification 2 (-10% to torpedo tubes repair time; +20% to the torpedo tubes traverse speed)

·        Gun Fire Control System Modification 1 (-7% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells)

Added Upgrades:

·        Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 (+16% to main battery maximum firing range; -20% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells). This upgrade will be available only for US battleships

·        Aiming Systems Modification 1 (+20% to secondary battery maximum firing range; -20% to maximum dispersion of secondary battery shells; +20% to the torpedo tubes traverse speed; -7% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells)

Reworked Upgrades:

·        Main Battery Modification 2 (+10% to main battery loading time; +15% to the main battery traverse speed): the penalty has been decreased to +5% to main battery loading time

Third Upgrade Slot

For this slot, the available upgrades are now more useful in terms of enhancing the performance of auxiliary armaments.

Reworked Upgrades:

·        Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% to main battery loading time; -17% to the main battery traverse speed): the penalty has been decreased to -13% to the main battery traverse speed

·        Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 (-7% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells): the bonus has been increased to -16% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells. This upgrade will be available only for US battleships

·        AA Guns Modification 3 (+20% to average damage per second of AA mounts): the bonus has been increased to +25% to average damage per second of AA mounts

·        Secondary Battery Modification 3 (-20% to secondary battery loading time): the bonus has been increased to -25% to secondary battery loading time

Fifth Upgrade Slot

We increased the usefulness of an upgrade that was rarely used by players.

Reworked Upgrades:

Propulsion Modification 2 (-20% to time for reaching full power) the bonus has been increased to -50% to time for reaching full power. Moreover, with this upgrade the engine is automatically boosted by 50% while the ship accelerates from 0 to 6 knots (in both ahead and astern directions)

Compensations

To make switching to the new upgrade system more comfortable for players, you will receive automatic compensations for all alterations that significantly affect gameplay:

·        For all the Main Battery Modification 1 upgrades, the same number of Magazines Modification 1 upgrades will be added and available for mounting

·        All the Main Battery Modification 1 upgrades and Torpedo Tubes Modification 1 upgrades will be replaced by the Main Armaments Modification 1 upgrades

·        All the AA Guns Modification 1 upgrades and Secondary Battery Modification 1 upgrades will be replaced by the Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 upgrades

·        All the Gun Fire Control System Modification 1 upgrades will be replaced by Aiming Systems Modification 1 upgrades

·        All Secondary Battery Modification 2 and Torpedo Tubes Modification 2 upgrades will be removed. You will receive a compensation of 500,000 credits for each removed upgrade

Interface

We improved the post-battle statistics screen, especially the Detailed Report tab:

·        The amount of damage will now be highlighted in bold, and the normal font style will be used for the number of shots fired. For both of the statistical parameters above, we added pop-up windows with detailed information

·        Added a pop-up window with detailed information about the aircraft shot down by the player and the player's aircraft that were destroyed

·        Added pop-up windows with detailed information about damage received from bombs, torpedoes, and artillery shells

·        In the Credits and XP tab, added a pop-up window with information about a Commander. This window will be displayed when the cursor is placed on the Commander's name

·        We enhanced the layout of in-game surveys. Now available responses will be more numerous or more detailed 

Battle Interface and HUD improvements:

·        If a ship has two main armaments (main battery and torpedoes) the reloading status panel will show the reloading indicators for both main armaments. To enable this option, use the corresponding interface item in the Controls tab

·        For the alternative battle interface mode —  which can be activated by pressing the [Alt] key if not permanently enabled in the settings — tiers of the corresponding ships will now be displayed for both allied and enemy aircraft

·        Added ability to switch to binocular view when torpedo armament is chosen.

Maps (TBD)

For battles between Tier VII-X ships, new maps will be added in version 0.5.7:

·        Warrior’s Path — an archipelago near Canadian shores engulfed by cold and hostile seas. The opposing teams will have to navigate through numerous islands in order to engage their enemy

·        Loop — the location for this map is somewhere within the crossing of sea lanes in the Atlantic Ocean. Players will have to find optimal approach vectors for a surprise attack

·        Sea of Fortune — an interesting formation of islands somewhere between Britain and occupied France. The locations of islands and their sizes provide enticing gameplay opportunities in terms of cover and tactical movement

Audio

·        Enhanced special sounds for "distant events" in battle

·        Enhanced the sound for the air attack on a ship by bombers

·        Improved the ship destruction sound: now the character of this sound will depend on the way the ship was destroyed

·        Enhanced sounds that play when the player's ship is hit

·        Improved the sound notification for Surveillance Radar activation

·        Optimized and enhanced sounds for low sound quality settings

·        Improved dropping sounds for ejected main battery shell cases

·        Game interface sounds have been improved

Other Updates

Economics

·        Within the framework of a systematic approach to researching and unlocking ships and their modules, we have removed all of the modules that were duplicated on several ships. Now every ship has her own unique modules. This change will have no significant effect on the gameplay process. All the progress made by players before this change is implemented will be retained

Weather

·        The Hydroacoustic Search and Surveillance Radar consumables will now work at the maximum corresponding distance even during the Cyclone weather conditions. This change is based on analysis of the feedback we received from players after the introduction of weather mechanics in version 0.5.5

·        Visual-only weather effects were replaced with the Cyclone weather conditions (with the 10% chance of a Cyclone during a battle) for battles between Tier VII-X ships on the following maps:

·        The Atlantic

·        Islands of Ice

·        Hotspot

·        Trap

·        Two Brothers

·        Land of Fire

·        Trident

·        Shatter

·        Okinawa

·        Neighbors

·        Estuary

Water Visualization

·        We reworked the effects for interaction between the water surface and in-game objects. Now visual water deformation will be increased for the following events: bomb explosions, ship destructions, torpedo wakes, ship wakes for some ships, and firing main guns

Technical changes

·        Ships models loading time in battles has been reduced. Now on some PC configurations ships models will load faster and cases where ship appears with a delay in comparison to the visibility system processing, will occur a lot less often.

·        Content in pkg-archives has been structured for further resources usage optimization. Trees and sky textures have been moved to maps archives, UI elements, particles, effect and camoflages have been added to separate archives.

Spectator Camera

Improved the functionality of the spectator camera that the player sees after their ship is destroyed.

·        Spotting range is no longer taken into account when allies and spotted enemy ships are displayed

·        Now, you can track shells and torpedoes fired by allied ships, as well as their squadrons

·        Introduced a Free Camera mode

·        Control the Free Camera using [A], , [W] and [D] keys, as well as with the scroll wheel of the mouse (change elevation)

·        Press [sHIFT] to switch modes

·        By pressing [sPACE] key you can move the camera to any ship/squadron you see in the center of the screen (crosshair)

Ships

As part of the game improvement process, we started a gradual revision of all armor models. Our aim is to bring the armor models, created at different stages of the project development, to the same level of detail. In version 0.5.7, we more precisely defined the destroyers' armor models.

New warships were added into the game client:

·        New ships Arizona and Ashigara were added into the game to be tested by Supertesters and WG employees. These ships are unavailable for purchase, but players can encounter them in battle.

Server Maintenance

·        Introduced notifications about planned server restarts. These notifications will be shown in Port or in Battle Chat if the player is in battle.

Minor Changes and Improvements

Ships

·        Changed the default angle of fire for small-caliber AA guns

·        Revised the display of flags, signals and ensigns from various distances

·        Murmansk: revised the display of stars on her port and starboard

·        Colorado: revised the display of her textures from various distances

·        Benson: removed the overlap of her torpedo tubes with the ship structures

·        Arkansas Beta: revised the display of the crane and its model

·        Chapayev: corrected defects of her textures and details, revised her stern funnel shape

·        Dmitri Donskoi: added "Machta-11-14" and "Coral" antennas, fixed the erroneous texture of the ship's bottom

·        Baltimore: changed the positions of drum winches in order to remove the overlap with the main battery turret

·        Khabarovsk: improved her geometry and textures, replaced the boat of 1390 design with the boat of 378 design that is more historically accurate

·        Błyskawica: fixed errors in her textures and geometry, improved the quality of the coat of arms

·        Campbeltown: changed the geometry of the "Type 286" surveillance radar, changed the radar location

·        Moskva: now, respective radars rotate together with the ship's guns

·        New Orleans: removed the overlap of ventilation elements with the aft main battery turret

Just a Heads up :coin:

Taken from http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/53651-057-patch-notes/

Edited by SZYZWY

783 posts
4,821 battles

Lel aalready knew from the NA.

It is just a heads up to anyone else who doesn't lurk the EU/NA forums. :hiding:

I saw it pretty late, and I'm fairly sure Spotter or someone else will post it in the announcement threads a bit later.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

It is just a heads up to anyone else who doesn't lurk the EU/NA forums. :hiding:

I saw it pretty late, and I'm fairly sure Spotter or someone else will post it in the announcement threads a bit later.

Shhhh don't ruin the suprise let them see it themselves.

139 posts
5,876 battles

Thanks for the repost :) The changes to the upgrades look pretty good. At the least, more thought will have to be put into picking them for each ship.

Beta Tester
45 posts
3,433 battles

If Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 and 2 are stackable, that would be a total of -23% to max dispersion of Iowa and Montana. From 292 dispersion at their max range, it can go down to 225.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Weather

·        The Hydroacoustic Search and Surveillance Radar consumables will now work at the maximum corresponding distance even during the Cyclone weather conditions. This change is based on analysis of the feedback we received from players after the introduction of weather mechanics in version 0.5.5

·        Visual-only weather effects were replaced with the Cyclone weather conditions (with the 10% chance of a Cyclone during a battle) for battles between Tier VII-X ships on the following maps:

·        The Atlantic

·        Islands of Ice

·        Hotspot

·        Trap

·        Two Brothers

·        Land of Fire

·        Trident

·        Shatter

·        Okinawa

·        Neighbors

·        Estuary

Why Ocean not included? that map desperately needs weather effect to remove camping meta

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

+1, i'm excited to get those new upgrade for my ships. <3

edit: i love that acceleration module on my dd's now it gets even better, i might change my bb to them too after this. i really like how i can increase and decrease my ship speed faster.

Edited by yansuki

783 posts
4,821 battles

If Artillery Plotting Room Modification 1 and 2 are stackable, that would be a total of -23% to max dispersion of Iowa and Montana. From 292 dispersion at their max range, it can go down to 225.

Fairly sure it is stackable. To the ships in question though (Iowa and Montana), it becomes a question of getting more accurate shots for a 30s reload or what they have now which is like 25s reload.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Why Ocean not included? that map desperately needs weather effect to remove camping meta

Because is the most balance map which no need any extra mechanism to make it playable for Atlanta and they should suffer :sceptic: 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

+1, i'm excited to get those new upgrade for my ships. <3

edit: i love that acceleration module on my dd's not it gets even better, i might change my bb to them too after this. i really like how i can increase and decrease my ship speed faster.

Wind, that was exactly what I was thinking. Maybe they should make it so oceans have massive waves and at long distances things just don't hit properly. Would be cool

The 50% acceleration boost would mean I can safely sit in my smoke and blaze away XD and I would probably swap that into probably all my ships as it can really help. Especially when my Des Moines needs to tactical beach while knife fighting DDs. Also the aiming modification in slot 2 would really help, 7.2km secondaries on a Des Moines plus radar plus hydro plus the cyclone muhahahaha AND 50% acceleration boost. Also useful when hunting DDs that's in smoke awwwww yisssss

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

It's probably the ARP one.

Which rise another question why WG need to test them since is just another re-skin.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Wind, that was exactly what I was thinking. Maybe they should make it so oceans have massive waves and at long distances things just don't hit properly. Would be cool

The 50% acceleration boost would mean I can safely sit in my smoke and blaze away XD and I would probably swap that into probably all my ships as it can really help. Especially when my Des Moines needs to tactical beach while knife fighting DDs. Also the aiming modification in slot 2 would really help, 7.2km secondaries on a Des Moines plus radar plus hydro plus the cyclone muhahahaha AND 50% acceleration boost. Also useful when hunting DDs that's in smoke awwwww yisssss

edit: now*

ikr, i used it on my ijn and usn dd and they are so hard to hit. most of the time i even use boost to increase my acceleration when i'm about to go out of smoke. i use to have them in my USN bb so i can dodge torpedoes by changing my speed and they work really well.

i hope i can find  will and credits to grind my new orleans to become des moines. but there's a big turd called balitmore that is blocking my way. i sue to love her back in CBT when there are lots of planes to shoot down but now after they keep buffing the  AA of other ship lots of cv players stop playing.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Ummm why not just adjust certain ships instead of having upgrades available for those that have them? Then have upgrades that can be used by all if desired. 

507 posts
9,828 battles

It's probably the ARP one.

Um on Reddit says the Acuuracy buff for main battery dispersion mod is 11%. here it states its 16%?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Um on Reddit says the Acuuracy buff for main battery dispersion mod is 11%. here it states its 16%?

Since it a PT patch note they might try difference % in difference servers to find the best % for live version ?

[LBAS]
4,488 posts
25,665 battles

Which rise another question why WG need to test them since is just another re-skin.

May be they adding some thing not like other Fog CA

Why no Nachi

Edited by MatterCore

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

May be they adding some thing not like other Fog CA

Yea thats only reasons it need to be test which is good for me !! Ashigara the best Myoko-Class after all !!!

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Yea thats only reasons it need to be test which is good for me !! Ashigara the best Myoko-Class after all !!!

With the Hiei missions finishing, our server might be getting the Ashigara or the Haruna since the captain was awarded during the current event. :hmm:

507 posts
9,828 battles

Since it a PT patch note they might try difference % in difference servers to find the best % for live version ?

16% is way too much IMHO.they have enough accuracy already.

[LBAS]
4,488 posts
25,665 battles

What ever it is. i still want all Fog ships in free through missions.

Still missing Takao and Maya

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

edit: now*

ikr, i used it on my ijn and usn dd and they are so hard to hit. most of the time i even use boost to increase my acceleration when i'm about to go out of smoke. i use to have them in my USN bb so i can dodge torpedoes by changing my speed and they work really well.

i hope i can find  will and credits to grind my new orleans to become des moines. but there's a big turd called balitmore that is blocking my way. i sue to love her back in CBT when there are lots of planes to shoot down but now after they keep buffing the  AA of other ship lots of cv players stop playing.

I only JUST got out of the Baltimore. Used the 3X bonus weekend to get it to about 200k xp and did the rest with free XP. Played two games in the Des Moines, forgot that my guns reload so fast a few times :P was still waiting for the Baltimore's damn 13 second reload haha

Sign in to follow this