You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SPD0202

ijn torpedo house

12 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,484 battles

Soo, what are these funny looking thing exactly? It seems the us dd and ru dd don't use them. Any reasons why only ijn dd use them?. PS sorry for any wrong grammar if there's any.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

correction, IJN and RU torpedoes are useable, you gonna need balls of steel to be able to use them though. but they are deadly accurate at that range.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

correction, IJN and RU torpedoes are useable, you gonna need balls of steel to be able to use them though. but they are deadly accurate at that range.

I reckon he's talking about the boxes which Hatsuharu and Kagero carry their spare torps in (from which the Torp Reload Booster is implemented in-game).

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Believe or not, only IJN that have their extra torpedo to reload on board, while the other nation only use it very situational as they must load the torpedo at the port or with supply ship, so it is a one time consumable instead
IRL

Edit: I forgot to mention that The Torpedo Magazine is open wide and very vulnerable to air attack, plus the fact that IJN long lance is very powerful, one magazine of exploding torpedo could destroy a cruiser and cripple a battleship

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Yeah those torpedo boxes from hatsuharu up. What are they used for in the past ww

Believe or not, only IJN that have their extra torpedo to reload on board, while the other nation only use it very situational as they must load the torpedo at the port or with supply ship, so it is a one time consumable instead

IRL

Edit: I forgot to mention that The Torpedo Magazine is open wide and very vulnerable to air attack, plus the fact that IJN long lance is very powerful, one magazine of exploding torpedo could destroy a cruiser and cripple a battleship

Yea Harpoon already answer ur question...

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Yeah those torpedo boxes from hatsuharu up. What are they used for in the past ww

Hmmmm, you call them torpedo boxes but still ask what they're used for...

Maybe they stored rum sake in there?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

oh pardon me. i haven't grind past mutsuki since i spend all my resources to my fletcher.. so hatsuharu has them those wonderful torpedo reload boost... i do really start to like ijn DD again. :trollface:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

oh pardon me. i haven't grind past mutsuki since i spend all my resources to my fletcher.. so hatsuharu has them those wonderful torpedo reload boost... i do really start to like ijn DD again. :trollface:

It is not as worthy as smoke though

It has terrible reload (unless you use Jack of all trades)

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Historically most of the answers above are correct.  The IJN DD had the ability to reload at sea which their counterparts from other nations didn't/or had great difficulty with.   In game, it's just eye candy and makes no difference to the game mechanics.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Historically most of the answers above are correct.  The IJN DD had the ability to reload at sea which their counterparts from other nations didn't/or had great difficulty with.   In game, it's just eye candy and makes no difference to the game mechanics.

Yes and no :-P

The reason Hatsuharu and Kagero was given the Torp Reload Booster consumable is because they have those boxes. But at the same time, those boxes are just as DMW said, eye candy. The consumable (in fact, any consumable) can be arbitrarily given to any ship if the devs decides so.

/pedantic mode off