Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

citadel or torpedo, which one is your prefer?

15 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

let say that you are exchange fire a big gun with enemy (either you on CA or BB)

but TB are suddenly show up, and it's seem approaching you (this can be either TB or Torpedo wall from DD)

now, everyone know that to dodge or minimize damage form those is to bow against it.

but to do that, you show your full broadside to enemy.

so, you have to choose.

to stay angle, protect your citadel but take a full load of torpedo.

or

to dodge/minimize torpedo by turn against it, but risk take a citadel hit from enemy ship.

which one is your prefer?

507 posts
9,826 battles

Um i'd say Turn to dodge them Cause there is a chance that the Enemy screw's up his Aim or his aim is not that good. But if you don't you're gonna take that Torp for Sure.

359 posts
2,819 battles

Citadel require rng, imho a little more skill, plus you can dodge torpedo.

But chance are you die either way:(

The point is don't feel to bad if you die or take massive hit. This is one of the worst situation to be in.

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

724 posts
2,166 battles

If I've already done reloading, I would fire a full salvo on the enemy before turning to dodge then angle again.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Avoiding citadels is up to RNG and the enemy player's aim. Dispersion is your friend.

Avoiding torpedoes is all about being aware of them in the first place so you can dodge in time.

---

Personally, torpedoes are in my absolute priority list because I can dodge them- Dodging shells is difficult because you're a huge ship with a lot of mass. Even if you turn, you'll still take a hit- I'd rather dodge what I can.

That and the torpedo alarm is scary.

40 posts
1,415 battles

Dodge the torpedo, because at least i have a chance to live if the RNG have mercy

Edited by m16_army

783 posts
4,819 battles

If you can dodge the torpedo just with handling, you can time using your speed control to dodge the shells. It only works in the best of situations though.

I'd take citadel damage any day rather than torps if I got no choice.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'll have my division mate torpedo/citadel whatever ship has me pinned, because I don't believe in a no win scenario.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Dodge the torps! Had a moment in my Kongo, tried to brawl a new york(just for fun, my team already win) torp from minekaze pops up, dodge them, fully broadside to a New York, 6km away, thinking I'm already dead.. Only to find out he's firing HIGH EXPLOSIVE! Lol! Fires a return salvo of 2 citadels. Ah those moment..

359 posts
2,819 battles

I see, everyone seem torpedo are the worst one.

no wonder why enemy dodge my torp and get kill by teammate instead T_T

Why do people play battleships? The sequel! :trollface:

Sign in to follow this