Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Apex1o1

Question about Assured Acquisition

6 comments in this topic

211 posts
9,931 battles

Question, Do Cruisers or RU Cruisers have better Assured Acquisition to other ships?

Curious as to what happened to me in a particular instance.

Overextended in the Farragut, caught out by a Budonnoy, pop smoke and hope for the best.

Budonnoy face checks the smoke screen gains Assured Acquisition yet i cannot detect the Budonnoy = Dead

Situational Awareness showed as normal detection so I'm a bit confused about what happened. don't all ships have the same Assured Acquisition range without the upgrade modules?

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

No.

All ships have 2km assured acquisition unless they use the +50% acquisition upgrade that extends it to 3km.

If you see a different detection icon, that means the guy's using sonar or radar.

783 posts
4,821 battles

Buddy also doesn't have access to the acquisition upgrade so assured acquisition should stay at 2km.

I'm of a mind to say it was sonar that detected you.

211 posts
9,931 battles

I have no idea what happened, it wasn't sonar as visual detection warning was being displayed.

Watching the replay it could be possible that i sailed out of the smoke screen positioning for Torpedo's allowing another ship to spot me while I had no line of sight on the Budonnoy. 

Hard to tell with the Mod thats shows the smoke screen size and placement.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Unfortunately, Sonar give the enemy "Normal Detection Alert" (need to be confirmed)

you might don't know but many Destroyer fall victim to my Furutaka because of this

Edited by Harpoon01

Sign in to follow this