Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SZYZWY

What will be your "Go-To" ship in the upcoming Ranked Season

Your "Go-To" ship in the upcoming Ranked Season  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Tier 6(DD)

2. 2. Tier 6(CL/CA)

3. 3. Tier 6(BB)

4. 4. Tier 6(CV)

5. 5. Tier 7(DD)

6. 6. Tier 7(CL/CA)

7. 7. Tier 7(BB)

8. 8. Tier 7(CV)

57 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

1 voted for Budyonny? Really? Is it just me or that ship stinks like hell and very weak guns, it sucks so bad how do people like that ship?

783 posts
4,819 battles

1 voted for Budyonny? Really? Is it just me or that ship stinks like hell and very weak guns, it sucks so bad how do people like that ship?

I was the one who voted for it coincidentally.

Anecdotally, its gun arcs are the best for supporting allied DDs during caps and has substantial AA which only loses to the Cleveland. It's also the most armored for tier in the whole soviet cruiser line. And with the whole BB/DD preference in Ranked Battles, the long range artillery of the Budyonny is more desirable against the two ship classes.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

This man would love to hear your argument.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/80742-budyonny-is-still-op-with-stats/#topmost

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Well maybe you are doing something wrong. :P

Still I'm a bit puzzled why so many voted for the Farragut but not Anshan, also no vote for Kiev either.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Ha Ha, Nobody likes the Kiev anymore :P

Well maybe you are doing something wrong. :P

Still I'm a bit puzzled why so many voted for the Farragut but not Anshan, also no vote for Kiev either.

What? Anshan is so Meh,

Farragut is a freaking BEAST! of a DD

507 posts
9,827 battles

I'd take the Budyonny any day of the week unless Cv's start to pop up a lot. Even then it might be able to protect herself. Best Arcs and Does better Damage. Armor and Rudder shift kinda Meh but not a deal breaker.

BTW anyone suggest the Nagato with the Secondary build? I might as well use my Zao captain but want to know how good or "viable it is.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Farragut is a beast! Really like this ship coz pewpew potato shooter that can burn BB from afar and still get undetected:P

USN Destroyers are always gunboats DD aka OP pompompom ships especially the Fletcher guns those Pom sounds are intensified..:hiding:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles

It's definitely the best tier 6 cruiser, I can't believe there are people out there that don't like it. The guns are superb, high rate of fire with long range and those incredible Russian arcs.  It has some of the best armour in the line.  The rest of it's stats are quite reasonable as well.  All in all a good package, and it's win rate stats back up just how good it is.  It's frankly a little overpowered (not as OP as the Furutaka is at t5 now though).  I'd probably rather use the Buddy over the Shchors in high tier ranked even though it's a tier lower - it's simply a better ship.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

according to the other servers...BLYS IS FREAKING EVERYWHERE

well now that its in the tech tree, and MUCH cheaper than other tier 7's such as Atlanta, which is...."technical" to use. Post patch it turns out it's now even more delicate too. 

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,664 battles

Are not German cruisers allowed in ranked?

Or are we just not allowed to vote for them?

783 posts
4,819 battles

Are not German cruisers allowed in ranked?

Or are we just not allowed to vote for them?

German Cruisers are there? With the Nurnberg and Yorck.

To be honest though, Nurnberg is too much of a citadel magnet to bring while Yorck has 'unique' shells that you wouldn't want to choose otherwise.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I will concede. Probably just me not compatible with the play style of this ship, or just the more terrible than usual ping I got yesterday. Well just 9 games in that ship, me and my ping will see how we'll gonna improve.

Edited by Deicide

331 posts
17,077 battles

Do I have to just pick one?

I can see a role for most of those ships and I have all except the Indianapolis and Schors.

It might be easier to list the ships I wont be taking

molotov the AA is a joke

Warspite is too squishy

Independence has too few planes

ryujo   the T6 planes wont be strong enough.

All the others I would take.

211 posts
9,931 battles

No votes for Shchors, is it a bad ship? lack of decent T7 cruisers so thinking of unlocking Shchors for ranked cause I'm pretty bad with the Myoko

507 posts
9,827 battles

No votes for Shchors, is it a bad ship? lack of decent T7 cruisers so thinking of unlocking Shchors for ranked cause I'm pretty bad with the Myoko

Shchors is probably the most versatile one. Probably cause you had to vote one ship. It can melt dd's (Thanks to the Laser fast guns) , Burn BB's from range at pretty low risk and can AP the Hell out of the Cruisers with the ROF.

Only thing is the Armor...and Turns like a brick.Turning radius is like 900m. For comparison Indianapolis has a turn radius of 620m. Good luck dodging the torps..

Edited by petee

507 posts
9,827 battles

atm date are bug and show as "Next seasons unknown" 

Aye. It said 8 day's on June 2 before they removed that. Probably with EU at the same time.

Sign in to follow this