Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kleiss

Lag compensation

13 comments in this topic

451 posts
6,946 battles

I'm currently in usa on my study trip, and getting 100-150 ping, stable.

Do i need to compensate for the lag with extra lead when aiming? Just wondering.

783 posts
4,821 battles

I'd say yes, compensation is needed.

When I get unstable ping at times, I just adjust the lead by some estimate depending on how bad my it is.

But since you did say it is stable at that number, only a minor lead adjustment is needed. (~0.5 tick or lesser with the reticle?)

1,162 posts

I got around 125ms ping, I usually over lead with 1.5-2 sec ticks and it works (a bit).

But I guess you can test them in coop first to find the suitable lead.

Edited by RisaFujiyama

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

If there is lag, would not everything be affected, not just the shell?

The ship movement would be lagged as well, slowing the target ship down as well as shell.

So all in all it is self compensating.

that's how i imagine it. I may be wrong.

Experiment in the bot battles, that' a sure way of knowing.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

That's still a decent ping. Bad ping I got every 5pm-10pm(which is my free time) ping goes from 80ms-300ms back and forth and desyncs (shots going through ships and you get damaged by torps that exploded 100m away from you).

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I'm currently in usa on my study trip, and getting 100-150 ping, stable.

Do i need to compensate for the lag with extra lead when aiming? Just wondering.

Not this again....:red_button:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Currently studying in the UK. 100-120ms of ping. There has literally been no difference for me from when I lived next to the servers in Singapore (and got 30-50ms of ping).

tl;dr no.

451 posts
6,946 battles

100 ms and already complaining?

i'm not complaining dude, i'm just asking a genuine question. don't need to be so rude. i don't have problems with aim at all so far, just curious about the network mechanics. if you're going to be this rude to every reply on this forum you're not contributing at all, but just contributing to the amount of toxicity that is already here.
Edited by Kleiss

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I play with 100-200 ms and other than the odd occasion it doesn't seem to have much of an impact on the game for me. CPU and fps were much bigger issues to me (now fixed) as a split second difference here and there (from lag) is pretty negligible in the average encounter. 

Good luck 

451 posts
6,946 battles

I play with 100-200 ms and other than the odd occasion it doesn't seem to have much of an impact on the game for me. CPU and fps were much bigger issues to me (now fixed) as a split second difference here and there (from lag) is pretty negligible in the average encounter. 

Good luck 

thanks

Sign in to follow this