Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kavatron

Physics and map size.

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
48 posts
67 battles

So how do Wargaming make this work correctly..a huge task indeed.

Ships should always be moving. I'd be advising the game creators to have a similar "throttle up/down" as in aircraft to alter speeds without the ability to stop in the water. A stopped ship is a dead ship.

Ships also cannot just stop revs and go astern immediately, that takes time to change gearing and get your screws to rotate in the opposite direction. All that while your vessel is still in motion.

As for map size they have to be big. Eventually we'll see BB vs BB action and carriers, maps to fit those vessels would need to be in excess of 10Kyds.

One more suggestion for now. Make your minimaps in yards or kiloyards or even nautical miles. And please use knots for your speeds.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

I look forward to the fact that there will be no 'peak-a-boo' in WoWS. I have yet to see in the last 35yrs of watching a war doco with tanks in it a tank play 'peak-a-boo' bugs me that play in game (but I do understand why people do it)

Will maps be world of tanks size or larger?

WG. Maps will be 60x60 kilometers. - Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

What size would the smallest maps be, if it can be estimated?

WG. Well, like 40x40 kilometers. - Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Alpha Tester
48 posts
67 battles

I could be used for maps with some land masses in it, but only to disrupt line-of-sight, they should still be able to be hit.

Map sizes that large are perfect for naval battles but the smaller craft - patrol or torpedo boats - of that era would take a very long time to cover enough distance to be effective.

What was the average speed of a US patrol boat in the 40's? Like 20kts or something. With that in mind I'd hope to see seperate spawn points for vessel with a smaller battle range.

Alpha Tester
48 posts
67 battles

the smallest ships in game will be destroyers. so range not a problem

So no Corvettes or Frigates? That's crazy and I hope it changes eventually. Even having vessels like Frigates as tier I and II is sensible.

Beta Tester
301 posts

So how do Wargaming make this work correctly..a huge task indeed.

Ships should always be moving. I'd be advising the game creators to have a similar "throttle up/down" as in aircraft to alter speeds without the ability to stop in the water. A stopped ship is a dead ship.

Ships also cannot just stop revs and go astern immediately, that takes time to change gearing and get your screws to rotate in the opposite direction. All that while your vessel is still in motion.

As for map size they have to be big. Eventually we'll see BB vs BB action and carriers, maps to fit those vessels would need to be in excess of 10Kyds.

One more suggestion for now. Make your minimaps in yards or kiloyards or even nautical miles. And please use knots for your speeds.

[Content removed]

Breaking NDA. Post edited

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
301 posts

So no Corvettes or Frigates? That's crazy and I hope it changes eventually. Even having vessels like Frigates as tier I and II is sensible.

the era was ww1... and i think their 1 2 are equal to frigate good enough... convettes are equal to PT boats not big enough

Sign in to follow this