You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Suggestion regarding ARP missions

ARP ships as stand alone or skins  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the ARP ships as seperate ships or skins

• Give them out as seperate ships
    • Give out skins/camo for them instead

13 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

So The ARP ships, right now basically a reskin of the Myoko or the Kongo with a cute commander voice and flashy torpedo effects. I am personally a fan of the ARP anime series so I really do appreciate the fact that they are been implemented into the game. But what I think would better is to give out the skins of the ships instead of giving them out as individual ships, so you can progress the actual tech tree while using ARP themed ships. If you watch the anime, you would know that there was a Fog Yamato and Musashi, the Takao which is indeed the same as the Atago, there were loads of light cruisers which is pretty close to the Kuma class in game. In the end of episode 11, they encounter USS Indiana, a South Dakota class (similar to the North Carolina in game), USS Iowa, I believe the USS West Virginia, although the translation only says Virginia class, which never existed in WWI or WWII and another ship of the Colorado class, the Delaware class BB which is a successor of the South Carolina class and finally the Lexington class aircraft carrier. Those ships barely showed up on the screen so I highly doubt that they will be implemented into the game. In the first movie though there was a Fletcher class destroyer and I would really like to see it in the game. NOT as a seperatly given ARP ship but as camo that would overlap the standard camo, so you can have the ship look ARP themed but keeping the advantage that a normal camo will give you. After all, it's will never be a good idea to make missions that will unlock you the ARP Yamato or ARP Musashi. Making skins for the ship would be a much easier and viable option and I am sure a lot of you agree with me.

For those of you who likes the voices of different commanders: it can be coded to match the skin you have applied to your ship, so for example: you applie the Haguro skin, you get the Haguro voice but all XP earned will go towards that ship commander you have recruited for your ship.

I am aware that there are mods that gives your ship the ARP skin but if you want to use a different ship from the anime you will have to reinstall that skin, which is a waste of time/

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

This collaboration is made between companies, not by its players. How the ships are implemented is based on the companies' discretion.

The arpeggio ships already have unique captains that can transfer to any arpeggio ship while maintaining their voice pack while the ships themselves don't even take up port slots.

They're an add-on, not an integral part of the game, hence the reason why those not using the custom port can turn them off should they feel like it.

42 posts
2,359 battles

If they add an ARP Takao, wouldnt it be the same as giving away a free atago? That being said, I feel a bit worried that she wont even be added to the game..

403 posts
8,352 battles

If they add an ARP Takao, wouldnt it be the same as giving away a free atago? That being said, I feel a bit worried that she wont even be added to the game..

It's easy. Just nerf profitability

Super Tester
2,725 posts

You can guess the missions will be harder if they gonna reward ARP Takao since it's Tier 8 ships.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

God i hope they don't reward a tier 8 ship for missions unless you complete missions as tier 8 or higher! 

216 posts
2,239 battles

Can you imagine a Mission for Yamato... damn that would be worth it :P

Yea, just what we need, people scurrying to complete the mission for a free tier 10 ship, and afterwards seeing even MORE Yamato's than what we do already, no thank you. I would have prefer that WG reward the ARP ships as skins, not like there is any difference between the sister ships other than looks.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Yea, just what we need, people scurrying to complete the mission for a free tier 10 ship, and afterwards seeing even MORE Yamato's than what we do already, no thank you. I would have prefer that WG reward the ARP ships as skins, not like there is any difference between the sister ships other than looks.

to prevents newbs to play pros games

God i hope they don't reward a tier 8 ship for missions unless you complete missions as tier 8 or higher! 

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
258 posts
13,418 battles

I wouldn't mind seeing some ARP Nagara class light cruisers added.

From what I've read they would be similar the Kuma CLs but all very modified slightly differently.

Edited by Razide

[-BRO-]
4 posts
8,127 battles

For ARP Takao they could just make it that you need to have the Atago do do the missions to make it fair for the players that has bought the Atago. and for the ARP Yamato could do the same you must have a Yamato to do the Missions so you wont get a huge number of Yamato player that just pop out of no where.