Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

Why do people play battleships?

34 comments in this topic

50 posts
14 battles

I know I am a noob in a battleship, and I have been told they get better at higher tiers, but still I find it boring to sail around for 30-35 sec before I can shoot and not do much damage unless I get a citadel.

Any words before I completely give up on battleships?

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Frankly, because I want my rams to be as fantastic as possible.

Almost all of my ram kills were in BBs, some of which were from most honorabu rams between two BBs in a match about to end.

Well, that's how I initially began with them, anyway.

---

Firing a full salvo at 15km+ range and watching the victimized ship panic from 1-3 citadels.

The more expensive the ship, the more schadenfreude I feel when I instagib them.

199 posts
6,037 battles

Because you can insta-kill HE-Scrub's ship. That's my primary reason playing BB, before RNG decided that all my salvos must not hit the scrub's ship, and his 1 shell manage to start a fire on my ship. And then, go back to cruisers again, and become a HE-scrub too.

Anyway, what BB line are you using?

266 posts
5,135 battles

Citadels, nothing else. In my opinion though, if you find a line of ships boring, don't hesitate to try and switch another line.

It's not like anyone is forcing you to play any specific class, and you can just go back to play them again later anyway. :P

783 posts
4,809 battles

The feeling of deleting an enemy cruiser in one salvo is <3

I like playing BBs the least but those Big Guns are just too good to pass up on. I also have a goal ship to reach.

Edited by SZYZWY

892 posts
7,853 battles

I've only played the ARP BBs thus far. Can't say I love BB nor can I say I hate them. You will need to change your play style with BB compared to CA/CL and DD. No comment on CV since I have not played any at all

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Fun about battleships: you look for unaware cruisers showing you a broadside, you unload AP in them and give them a free trip to port (not really free they gotta pay repairs XD) 

inbetween shots you are supposed to go to third person view and angle your butt to either bounce enemy shells, avoid torpedoes or dodge birds trying to take a shit on your deck. Thats why I find battleships fun. Also in high tiers you push up and lead your team to victory when the noob campers on your team refuse to push

359 posts
2,819 battles

I never score good hit with bb but have no problem getting killed by them, so i can see why people play them:(

This is after playing the kongou ,only after a little games though

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

412 posts
9,223 battles

What BB? If USN BB like NY, New Mex, or Colorado yes it's painfully slow. I feel it when sailing my NY, took forever to go half of the map lol. But try to train your aim and shoot nicely-angled enemy ships so you can easily citadel :P

Beta Tester
906 posts

25 sec reload on the biggest alpha dmg ship in the game that can delete any CA or do 70k plus dmg to a yamato is good enough for me :)

They are not boring. Imo

[ANZUS]
17 posts
2,484 battles

G'day, I'm playing a Wyoming and loving it but I can't wait to get something that shoots accurately.

Am I following the wrong BB tree or do some of them actually hit what you aim at?

Or, which is the best BB tree to follow?

Thanks.

199 posts
6,037 battles

G'day, I'm playing a Wyoming and loving it but I can't wait to get something that shoots accurately.

Am I following the wrong BB tree or do some of them actually hit what you aim at?

Or, which is the best BB tree to follow?

Thanks.

No, you're not following the wrong tech tree. You just need to do your daily sacrifice to RNG before firing. Because BB's salvo depends on RNG heavily (Unlike some cruiser's guns that have laser accuracy).

For BB tree, it all depends on what you want. You want to play to tier 10 and be cruisers and/or BBs worst nightmare? Go to Japanese's BB tree, because of Yamato and her stupidly OP awesome guns. Or you just want powerful AA guns, go to US BB tree, where you can take out that annoying CV planes.

And imo, no, New York (tier 5 US BB) is bad. Compared to Kongo, who have longer firing ranges, faster speed, more faster reload (Kongo's 30 seconds, compared to NY's 36 seconds), and more accurate guns (imo). I hope you have a lot of free XP to bypass this ship if you want to continue your journey on US BB line. Just stick with your Wyoming, and use it to seal club new BB captains earn credits.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Deleting HE spamming filth.

this.

other reason include glorious bottlesheep vs bottlesheep brawler,

Glorious AA to swat lower tier cv flies

MUH BIG CANNONS

dukking noob dd and make them cry because they cant hit you with their torpedoes

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

i used to think that the NY was crap when i was playing the IJN BB line, cuz the kongo seemed to out preform the NY at every angle,  but when i did actually play the NY i realized that that thing is a frigging slower version of amagi at it's tier

50 posts
14 battles

Because you can insta-kill HE-Scrub's ship. That's my primary reason playing BB, before RNG decided that all my salvos must not hit the scrub's ship, and his 1 shell manage to start a fire on my ship. And then, go back to cruisers again, and become a HE-scrub too.

Anyway, what BB line are you using?

I'm not really playing a specific line, but I do have the American tier V fully upgraded now.

Sign in to follow this