You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EnduroRider

Actions Against Exploitation of Client Mods & Cheats Conversation

15 comments in this topic

334 posts
13,031 battles

@ EnduroRider Firstly this is just a game so I think using the term criminal is over the top yes they have done wrong but it's not like they have robbed a store or something.

Secondly mandatory registering phone number and or credit card ?? I can see privacy issues there.

The brown colour thing I think is a waste of time why would you even bother to play if all damage is reflected back at you as well as the negative impact on the team you are on.

I think overall they are on the right track but I have to ask if they can detect the actual mods how come they just can't stop them outright.

I really think the focus should be on how to stop these mods working in the first place rather than think up way's to punish people.

334 posts
13,031 battles

@ EnduroRider

Don't know if this is going off topic suppose a mod will let us know also these are just my opinion's

"Criminal" very strong term would you consider someone caught speeding or drink driving a criminal I certainly do but as a whole the legal system does not there are fines and penalties involved sure but they are not labeled a criminal. Fools and idiots yes stupid certainly but not criminal. Therefore I think WG actions are more or less appropriate except the brown thing I think that is ridiculous and imposes a penalty on the team they end up with IF they play and really why would you.

Credit phone card would involve serious privacy issues WG would have to guarantee that that information could not be hacked or revealed in any way I for one would not trust them with my personal information. It's not just requiring the information you see it would also be how it is stored. Even if there is wiggle room do you think they would want to chance the fallout if personal information was leaked.

Hey I'm getting on too so I don't have to cut you any slack :hiding:

There is probably a lot higher percentage of kids playing wows than us older generation ........ but then anyone under 40 is a kid to me :ohmy:

Shaming and temporary/permanent bans is a step but not a solution and to be honest I doubt it will solve anything sure a few people get banned and maybe some others will be scared out of using cheat mods but someone will work out a way to get around the system, really the only solution is a way to prevent use of these mods altogether without the need to scan player computers (privacy again) and having said that considering the mess wot apparently is with cheat mods ...... I got to take with a grain of salt their promises if they can clean it up great if not ...well I still like the product   

590 posts
2,995 battles

I've created this thread to separate the discussion on the Client Mods and Cheats Conversation that was happening in the announcement thread

~tc1259

Edited by tc1259

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Huh. A serious and deep conversation to start the day. How pleasantly surprising.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

This is the internetz, developers make da rulez. Dis ain't no fluffy demokrasy.

---

On a more serious note, I sincerely doubt we have enough mods to monitor the poor sods under probation, nor will the present crew have enough time to fulfill both their present and supposed new duties- The recruitment process is also a bit long and tedious.

That and we've said 'YES' to the EULA upon signing up.

75 posts
3,402 battles

Is here a cheat that allows a "player" tol survive on 1 HP. I have seen several and they dont seem to die when shots "appear to hit them" PLesae expand the brown stain and expunge all cheats.

Edited by Davidious

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I never see a brown and was hoping to see one in tier ix-x. But nobody cheats now? Or did they seems to outsmart the system? They will always be a botters among the players. Its is a never ending cycle. :<

32 posts
624 battles

Does my screen display different colors because I see orange players not brown.

But I'm happy that the team has started doing something about cheating before it was too late, and I see too many of these colored cheaters, at least 1-2 each match!

Some considerations here:

• Damage done by a cheater should be averagely reversed as score on team mates because by damaging the cheater it causes even more loss to the team!
  • I like the idea of live alerting players when they hit team mates, and yeah unfortunately it happens even if you don't want to.
Edited by thankino

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Does my screen display different colors because I see orange players not brown.

But I'm happy that the team has started doing something about cheating before it was too late, and I see too many of these colored cheaters, at least 1-2 each match!

Some considerations here:

• Damage done by a cheater should be averagely reversed as score on team mates because by damaging the cheater it causes even more loss to the team!
  • I like the idea of live alerting players when they hit team mates, and yeah unfortunately it happens even if you don't want to.

Orange player names denote moderators.

32 posts
624 battles

Orange player names denote moderators.

I don't understand, are you saying orange players are moderators?

Also a penalized player's color in the menu is pink so even more confusing, brown, orange, pink..... what next?