You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_GALEN

Adding crew or sailor in while viewing ships?

9 comments in this topic

68 posts
3,100 battles

Hi? I have a suggestion everybody...

please add some sailors or crews around the ships, like they are walking, standing, etc., only in Port View and not on battle mode...:aqua:

the advantage is not only for better viewing but to determine the size and length of the ship and also to know how big she is...:hmm:

I know it is not so hard to work on it because it is already work like in April Fools ships(2016).. remember?

sorry for bad english

Just a reminder folks, don't use red text, Modified Text, Warning issued
~tc1259

Edited by tc1259

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Best turn the red to another color as only mods can use red for moderation purposes.

Also, putting people in the ship even in port would probably raise the rating or so, same as why tanks do not have crew manning the turret should the vehicle be open topped.

68 posts
3,100 battles

Best turn the red to another color as only mods can use red for moderation purposes.

Also, putting people in the ship even in port would probably raise the rating or so, same as why tanks do not have crew manning the turret should the vehicle be open topped.

Oh? I'm sorry for the red text, I didnt know :ohmy:

68 posts
3,100 battles

if this ever happens, goodluck on wg for putting around more than 50 crews on big ships with different animation from each other

I think it will be 2-3 animations like walking, standing etc.. 10-15 crew with the same animation ... it will be easier to work on it..

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Right, and some ships have thousands of crew members.

As amusing as the idea is, it's purely aesthetic.

New ship lines are being made and the present ones are being improved- It's simply not a priority.

Even then, the depiction of sailors in a 3D model based on accurately-modeled, historical ships would imply that the ship is being crewed in battle and that casualties are sustained for every shot received- Bumping the game's ratings up.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

A lot of crews = drop fps? 

But take a look on Battlestation pacific. They have animated crews. Why not? If wg implement this. I think its better to do only the Important parts like AA's crews

68 posts
3,100 battles

A lot of crews = drop fps? 

But take a look on Battlestation pacific. They have animated crews. Why not? If wg implement this. I think its better to do only the Important parts like AA's crews

A lot of crew will be recommended for high specs PC :teethhappy: and I hope they will add some crew just like they did in April fool ships...

450 posts
7,896 battles

Is it possible for the animation of the crews be an ON/OFF thing? 

Maybe a box in the setting to turn the animation on or off so the low performance PCs can still run the game, while the high performance PC can see what are they doing on the ship.