Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sukasaa

Japanese Battleships Captain skills. =)

16 comments in this topic

102 posts
1,581 battles

I am going to try out Japanese Battleships which Commander skills are good ? =)

I'm Currently At Kongo Tier 5.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Well, the safest build is usually the most bland and/or boring...

Situational Awareness

Expert Marksman

Superintendent

Advanced Firing Training

---Any cheap T1-3 skill because most T5 skills are bad for battleships

Else,

The above + either manual fire control for secondary batteries or concealment expert

---

Frankly, IJN secondaries only begin to shine at later tiers, so unless you intend on using the same captain until the end of the line, don't bother getting secondary battery builds.

563 posts
4,686 battles

1. Survivability expert. 

1. BFT or SA (your concealment is so bad I don't think SA is useful until you're in late game)

2. Expert marksman (IJN don't know how to turn their guns)

3. Superintendent (extra heal)

4. AFT (better secondary and aa)

5. Manual control for secondary (brawler build) jack of all trades? Or CE (with all concealment build probably your detection range will be around 14km. Good for sniping) 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Leave Situation Awareness for last. It is not what you want when your ship can be seen miles away. Only get SA when you reach tier VIII, when your ship is capable of mounting Concealment System Modification.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Leave Situation Awareness for last. It is not what you want when your ship can be seen miles away. Only get SA when you reach tier VIII, when your ship is capable of mounting Concealment System Modification.

why last.. Situation Awareness is the most important one..

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

situation awareness: so you will know if enemy dd is stalking you
survival expert :less fire and flooding time
expert marksmen: faster turret traverse
superintendent: more hp pack
Advance firing training : boss aa and secondary gun
concealment: so enemy wont see you all the time
rest are basic firing training: more aa power and faster secondary reload

usn bb and ijn bb has almost same build
don't go for secondary build like other say, its not worth it.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Agree, in the lower tiers I've been doing fine without it. It's pretty obvious where the DD's are lurking.

In order i went for

BFT -> Expert marksman -> Superintendent -> AFT

I was more worried about boosting the AA rating so BFT and AFT.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

why last.. Situation Awareness is the most important one..

A Kongo can easily be seen 12~15 km away without firing. Same goes with Fuso and Nagato, even Myogi. Consider the torpedo range of low tier destroyers are just 4 to 8 km at the most (Gremyashchy has the longest torpedo range at tier V with 8 km range). It means that low tier battleships get spotted almost all the time and it doesn't matter if you have SA or not, just keep in mind that even if you have SA, it will always "On" showing that you are spotted. 

7 posts
13,039 battles

A Kongo can easily be seen 12~15 km away without firing. Same goes with Fuso and Nagato, even Myogi. Consider the torpedo range of low tier destroyers are just 4 to 8 km at the most (Gremyashchy has the longest torpedo range at tier V with 8 km range). It means that low tier battleships get spotted almost all the time and it doesn't matter if you have SA or not, just keep in mind that even if you have SA, it will always "On" showing that you are spotted. 

WORD. BB will always be spotted 80% of the time, even in high tiers.

My main ships are BB and DD.

I switched out of SA and went BFT (for increased AA) or reduce fires (for HE spam) and vigilance all my BBs after T4.

If you switch on 'last known position' on the minimap, you will be able to see where the DD is going and what he's planning to do. Remember, DD captains love BBs, they will go for you 99% of the time. Do a course/speed change every 10-15 secs and the DD will find it plenty hard to have a good lock on you.

FW

Edited by Fannwong

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Don't pick CE if you sail with Yamato

Your appearance alone, anough to cripple any Cruiser and Battleship (other than Yamato) captain's eyes

266 posts
5,142 battles

What I'm using :

1st point : Situation Awareness

3rd point : Expert Marksman

4th point : Survivability Expert

7th point : Superintendent

10th point : Vigilance

14th point : Advanced Firing Training

15th point : Basic Firing Training

I used this setup except for Izumo. That thing is such a HE magnet that I replaced Superintendent and BFT for Concealment Expert. It works surprisingly well.

I went for AFT and BFT last because I rarely have problem with CV. I'm also not a fan of secondaries build, they feel kinda unreliable to me.

507 posts
9,828 battles

This is what i have with the Yamato. CE makes a massive difference. You could also go for Secondary Skill at T5.

GBUrf5Z.jpg

Sign in to follow this