Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EnochIsHere

Ranked Battles Season 4

89 comments in this topic

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

MrConway posted this yesterday:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/53036-ranked-battles-season-4/

Captains,

Ranked battles are just around the corner and we want to share some information about the upcoming season, the changes to rules and of course: the rewards! :izmena:

Brackets and ranks:

• Three tier brackets, 4 leagues:
    • Rank 22-16, tier  5-6
    • Rank 15-11, tier 6-7
    • Rank 10-6, tier 6-7
    • Rank 5-1, tier 6-7
    • Rank 1 - Tier 10 super league
      • The super league will enable rank 1 players to keep playing for the remainder of the season for additional rewards

Rule changes:

• We listened to player feedback and in this season the player with the highest experience on the losing team will not lose a star
  • From Rank 10-1, you will no longer get a star when ranking up

Rewards:

• Camouflages and signals aplenty
  • Achieve rank 15 or higher to receive the "Midway" participation flag 
  • You can win up to 3500 doubloons this season if you manage to reach rank 1 (1000 with rank 2 and 2500 with rank 1)
  • Reaching certain ranks unlocks flags (which will only function for the duration of the season) which will reduce your repair costs by -5%, -10% and – 20% (rank 15, 10 and 5 respectively)
  • If you reached rank one in the previous two seasons and manage to do it again, you will receive the USS Flint premium cruiser but lose the Jolly Roger II
    • ​If you are not eligible to win the USS Flint in this season, you will be able to win it in future seasons, it will be awarded for winning more than one season in a row.

Dates:

• Season starts: 10.06, 06:00 UTC;
  • Last battle can be played: 25.07, 05:30 UTC

Congratulations to those who reached rank 1 in the last 2 seasons. :great:

139 posts
5,876 battles

Tier 5-7 only. Interesting changes. I guess they indirectly acknowledge that T8 and above is not exactly balanced yet. 

I'll aim for Rank 1 this time, seems a lot more doable compared to the last season :playing:

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Hmm...USS Flint? I wonder will it be just another Atlanta or will it have some minor difference. 

I'd hazard a guess that it'll have it's historical armament, would make it distinctly unique from owning a normal Atlanta.

178 posts
2,306 battles

I'd hazard a guess that it'll have it's historical armament, would make it distinctly unique from owning a normal Atlanta.

Well, even if it is the exact same armament with the Atlanta, it is still a free premium ship that I will gladly do ranked for.  

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Hmm...USS Flint? I wonder will it be just another Atlanta or will it have some minor difference. 

From another user on reddit

Flint is an "Oakland" refit of the Atlantas. So the two waist turrets were deleted and more dual Bofors added, so only a 12 gun broadside to Atlanta's 14, but stronger AA. The torpedo tubes are retained unlike the Juneaus. Basically an Atlanta with stronger AA and minus one (usable) turret.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Well, even if it is the exact same armament with the Atlanta, it is still a free premium ship that I will gladly do ranked for.  

I kinda wish I put in some effort to get rank 1 in previous seasons now :D:D:D

178 posts
2,306 battles

I kinda wish I put in some effort to get rank 1 in previous seasons now :D:D:D

I didn't do rank previous season at all. :(

Plan is to do this one right and the next one too. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Brackets and ranks:

• Three tier brackets, 4 leagues:
    • Rank 22-16, tier  5-6
    • Rank 15-11, tier 6-7
    • Rank 10-6, tier 6-7
    • Rank 5-1, tier 6-7
    • Rank 1 - Tier 10 super league
      • The super league will enable rank 1 players to keep playing for the remainder of the season for additional rewards

Time to test the Fast and Furious Taco in Ranked

Beta Tester
913 posts

Dont Slam me le, im just a poor Sims :(

Hey melo. Git gud or be on my team lol.

Hopefully I can get rank 1 for the Flint. Question i have is about losing the jolly Roger 2. What if you got a jolly Roger 1 :) in season 2?  

Sign in to follow this