Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AK_tantrum

Battle of Jutland

10 comments in this topic

12 posts
9,980 battles

Greetings fellow captains, WG staff etc,

It's been 100 years to this day. The greatest naval battle of all time. Even the mighty Warspite took part. 

Why is the battle of Jutland being ignored? I would have expected, at least, some bonuses for using British or German ships (the few that there are), or some discounts, or something.

Edited by AK_tantrum

168 posts
5,687 battles

Only Warspite is in the game from the battle and she's had her refit.  Maybe that's the reason?

In other words, embarrassment.

Nothing for straits of Tsushima either (3 days past). Different kind of embarrassment for glorious mother Russia.

159 posts
3,374 battles

In other words, embarrassment.

Nothing for straits of Tsushima either (3 days past). Different kind of embarrassment for glorious mother Russia.

Yup, agreed. It's not like these anniversaries are just random dates given with no prior warning. 

I'm pretty disappointed that it has gone largely ignored. Something really awesome could have been done- even a premium ship, or challenges or anything but instead there's a little article about it on the website. 

But, with the total lack of interest in commemorating the first world war in all forms, it's not overly surprising..

168 posts
5,687 battles

Actually I'd like to see events where we could play out some re-enactments.

But that would need the requisite ships to be in game.

And also a better way of setting up matches than WoT historical battles did.

Since WoWs has a reasonable PvE mode (and can be adjusted for difficulty) there are options to leverage that as well.

Slight digression but years ago I played a warship boardgame which had scenarios with unbalanced forces where you could still win even if overwhelmed, if the objective was merely to delay a superior force for a minimum time etc.

And it had a Jutland scenario too...

Edited by Thingol

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Thanks TE_Deathskyz!

It would have been nice to see something in game though, even with only 2 RN ships available.

So, HMS Caroline, the next RN premium?

Also wondering this^, would be totally awesome to have her as a premium

Sign in to follow this