FG_IMONABOAT

Cowardice and Incompetence - Asia server meta

142 comments in this topic

350 posts

Just wondering if the complete lack of initiative displayed by most players on this server correlates well with the similar lack of ability on the WoT Asia server.

Given the (understandable) refusal of WG to transfer accounts away from asia style gaming, this account is close to going the way of my WoT Asia account.

Over it. 

222 posts
3,269 battles

I'm not even gonna deny It. As a representative of the worse players in WOWS, I'd say you nailed it. 

I wish there was a way to somehow improve my performance, as I've seriously done my best in trying to defeat my enemies.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Every player has their own playstyle.

Just because their ideas differ to yours, does not mean that your's is better.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Ja.

This is a moot point. Everyone who actively participates in the forums are already aware of the server's meta.

What's there to discuss? How to fix it? There's a lot of posts regarding 'training' these gents over the course of months. Results? Nichts.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

Ja.

This is a moot point. Everyone who actively participates in the forums are already aware of the server's meta.

What's there to discuss? How to fix it? There's a lot of posts regarding 'training' these gents over the course of months. Results? Nichts.

Agreed, it is a moot point.

You cant train people who refuse to be trained.

Force training never works well either...

590 posts
2,995 battles

NRUN6S1.jpg

In all seriousness, I see this come up time and time and time again. 

People world wide play differently, on this server people take the lets hang back until the numbers may have thinned strategy. Is it the right one, I dunno, probably not. 

Personally thou

myPkyzo.jpg

222 posts
3,269 battles

But in all seriousness. I think the server has the right strategy. Sitting back and waiting for the enemy to dwindle is the smart way of winning.

People like me on the other hand, charge and expect to find fun moments of Ship-to-ship CQC. But most of the time what i get is just tonnes of HE shells from an entire enemy team.

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Buff Secondaries So Everyone want to fight CLOSER !!!!!

Give 2000 DPM on secondaries then all Battleship captain will gave up sniping and brawl

mwahhahaha

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Buff Secondaries So Everyone want to fight CLOSER !!!!!

Give 2000 DPM on secondaries then all Battleship captain will gave up sniping and brawl

mwahhahaha

All DDs will be dead :sceptic:

783 posts
4,808 battles

But in all seriousness. I think the server has the right strategy. Sitting back and waiting for the enemy to dwindle is the smart way of winning.

People like me on the other hand, charge and expect to find fun moments of Ship-to-ship CQC. But most of the time what i get is just tonnes of HE shells from an entire enemy team.

CQC the best. Not always the best strategy, but very exhilarating when an enemy ship takes you up on your aggressive playstyle challenge.

BB vs BB brawls with <6km where secondary shoots all over the place the best. (It's why I love Cyclone when I'm on a BB)

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

That's the real life strategy too. Witter down your enemies then send in your main force to crush what's left.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

That's the real life strategy too. Witter down your enemies then send in your main force to crush what's left.

Unfortunately that's much more boring than Russian mad charges.

Also, people aren't playing like this because of the strategy you guys mentioned, they played like this because of their mentality. Even when the game draws close to end the players are still as cowardice as the start of the game.

Not much we can do though, most Asian school kids don't get taught how to be less passive, well in fact they are unconsciously being taught how to be passive.

563 posts
4,686 battles

well I always hate the passive gameplay. In a bb I always push, get in close, I tank my cruisers, I can take effective shots, even at the cost of (most likely) die early. But if you time your damcon, and repair. You can survive long enough to help your team in late battle.

about this passive, un supportive gameplay.. I would say WG don't  have enough guide. I learn how to play this game from you tube video, not from any in-game guide (is there any?) honestly without you tube video, I shoot ap at superstructure of the ship, and never shoot one salvo. Never cap, never push etc.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Well, probably wargaming really need to teach these players. Even at things as simple as "how to win a game" they should make more "bad advice" videos. Camping bb, rock cv, torp spamming dd that don't cap. Unsupportive cruiser.. Etc

Edited by Admiral_Turing

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Nah it most likely be Staelmate

like trench warfare

attrition only works if someone willing to be pawn, if no one wanna be pawn. it will be a stalemate instead