You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
war4sure

Best adaptation medium for manga/comic/novels

Adaptation medium  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which medium is the best for novel/comic/manga adaptation?

• Animation
    • Movie
    • Game
    • Live action series
  2. 2. What happens if the manga/comic/novel series you've been enjoying all this time finally received it's well deserved adaptation?

• Ermahgerd
    • Maybe yes,maybe no
    • Meh

20 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
845 posts
467 battles

So, you know it. When a badass comic/manga/novel series starts hitting the mainstream and getting epic 5-star reviews from critic,chance are sooner or later someone will come and say: I want to make a movie/animation/game/live action series out of it. So from those four mediums,which one do you think is the best of them all.

Also I would like to know what other comic/manga/novel series you wished have an adaptation. And your reaction if it does happened.

[PATEN]
394 posts
3,646 battles

Also I would like to know what other comic/manga/novel series you wished have an adaptation.And your reaction if it does happened.

Kara no Kyoukai for game adaption. TM please.:(

And your reaction if it does happened.

I think I still prefer it in original form. because each form has different pros,cons that made it feel different from the origin. but it still good that it got an adaption to attractive more people.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I only wish for existing LN/Manga to actually have more adaptations.

Irregular at Magic High isn't getting a season 2 (Though a movie is coming)

Accel World isn't getting a season 2 either (Though a OVA/Movie is coming)

Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan never getting a season 3 (I want to see the epic combination of  Hagoromo Gitsune and Rikou)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan never getting a season 3 (I want to see the epic combination of  Hagoromo Gitsune and Rikou)

Half life isn't getting season 3 either

Alpha Tester
845 posts
467 battles

The main point of this thread is to find out what other stuff you wished got a proper adaptation. I'm reading Stephen King's Trucks right now and while it does have a movie adaptation( Maximum Overdrive was released in 1986,but didn't fare very well in cinemas),I wished it got a video game adaptation instead. Because you know,humans trying to escape to safety while sentient trucks and other machines tries to mow them down looks and sounds like a great concept.

266 posts
5,135 battles

As a light novel reader, most of the time I still prefer the original medium instead of the adaptation. Animation/movie usually skip a lot of details so they can cram all the story into the limited time slots. As for games and live action... to be honest, more often I got disappointed than not.

But if I have to choose, probably animation, because I can enjoy it much longer than a movie, haha.

Some of the LN that I really wish can get an anime adaptation :

- Sayonara Piano Sonata

- Konjiki no Wordmaster

- Haken no Kouki Altina

- Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

- Mokushiroku Alice

There isn't many manga that I fancy, but I'd really like Ib - Instant Bullet, and World Embryo to get an adaptation.

+1 to this. Also I'd like Mondaiji to get another season, too. :3

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Gundam Origin some how is the best adaptation i ever watch (especially from Bandai that really good at adaptation such as Idolmaster Xenoglossia)

• Super high quality as you can expect form Movie + is the flag ship series of Bandai they cannot mess this up
  • Not direct copy of the Manga/Novel with alternative story line perfect adjustment to fits the context and 2hr long episode
  • Changing some of the story sequence so it easier for non Gundam fan to understand with a difference stand point which as well make it interesting for hard core fan
  • is a fu**ing Gundam, Robot fight man pew pew pew what you can ask more!!!

What i want to get adaptation ? Shimakaze spin off manga for sure !!!

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Talking about Gundam, I almost forgot

Gundam Seed Red Frame / Blue Frame should get an adaptation into an OVA.

Also..................... the never to be made Gundam Seed Movie ;(

Edited by Windforce

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

The main point of this thread is to find out what other stuff you wished got a proper adaptation. I'm reading Stephen King's Trucks right now and while it does have a movie adaptation( Maximum Overdrive was released in 1986,but didn't fare very well in cinemas),I wished it got a video game adaptation instead. Because you know,humans trying to escape to safety while sentient trucks and other machines tries to mow them down looks and sounds like a great concept.

ok, here's some similar themes; Duel , a film by Spielberg. The cars that ate Paris, a film by Peter Weir (a personal favorite of mine).

Check 'em out.

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

As a light novel reader, most of the time I still prefer the original medium instead of the adaptation. Animation/movie usually skip a lot of details so they can cram all the story into the limited time slots. As for games and live action... to be honest, more often I got disappointed than not.

But if I have to choose, probably animation, because I can enjoy it much longer than a movie, haha.

Some of the LN that I really wish can get an anime adaptation :

- Sayonara Piano Sonata

- Konjiki no Wordmaster

- Haken no Kouki Altina

- Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

- Mokushiroku Alice

There isn't many manga that I fancy, but I'd really like Ib - Instant Bullet, and World Embryo to get an adaptation.

+1 to this. Also I'd like Mondaiji to get another season, too. :3

Maybe you would also Like Youjo Senki  (which already recived anime adaptation) and Isekai mahou and  too

on western Menu, The best recent Novel to Series adapatation were The Expanse.

Highly recomended Scifi Series that basicly Game of Throne is Space

link : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/

266 posts
5,135 battles

Maybe you would also Like Youjo Senki  (which already recived anime adaptation) and Isekai mahou and  too

on western Menu, The best recent Novel to Series adapatation were The Expanse.

Highly recomended Scifi Series that basicly Game of Throne is Space

link : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230854/

I have read Isekai Mahou and I do like it. Haven't had the chance to read Youjo Senki though.

And to be honest, I don't read many western novels. But I do like space-themed movies/series. I'll try checking it later. :)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Good for you have fun :)

Does anyone watch Boku no Pico? I'm waiting for that anime to get a live-action. :trollface:

So Lewd-chan into that as well:trollface: