Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

The Warspite, what have I been doing wrong?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Eversince I bought this ship, my luck with it have been quite horrible. I have no idea why but I did well in other BB, just not this one, despite how theoretically strong it is.

sE1avhP.jpg

Can anyone care pointing out what's the possible reason of me doing badly in it? I'm sure it's not the turret rotation, maybe something about the armor from my observation, as I tend to take random front citadel and 5k+ HE salvo often.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Since ur Damage and avg. EXP seem fine i guess this is just a matter of "RNGesus" that gib u meh teammate that dont know how to cap.. 

I wouldn't call that "fine" though, my avg dmg and exp are lower than other BB. Comparing to the Kongo (which supposedly has same guns but smaller caliber and less accurate), my Warspite is considerably lower.

Also notice the survival rate, that's what bothered me the most. I usually try to push in BB and angle armor, though that doesn't seem to work as well for my Warspite. Plz don't take that as suicidal charge though, I do retreat when things get out of hand.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

266 posts
5,142 battles

From my experience, Warspite is indeed lacking in armor. She takes a lot of normal penetration damage and can't withstand hits from 16 inch guns.

Warspite can easily wreck battleships at her tier or lower, but I often have to stay at long range when fighting higher tier battleships.

Fortunately, her guns are freakin' amazing. So I suggest to just stay outside 12 km range when fighting tier 7/8 battleships.

Wiggle often because she had great turn radius and decent rudder shift, so use that to your advantage.

Edited by AsakuraShinji

331 posts
17,063 battles

having a look at your stats you're purple for most of your ships. Your results aren't just fine or above average they're excellent.

I cant give you advice about playing that ship or any others. However I think you will work out what works for you for that ship.

I wouldn't worry bout your results so far. I would be more worried about them dropping off over time.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

The stats. So bright. Not as bright as other people's, but so bright compared to my own.

I'm not exactly an expert on BBs, but from my experience from T6+ fights, enemies learn to not show their citadels so openly. Even the heavily-armed Fuso with its 6 turrets learn to be more shrewd when it's experiencing enemy fire.

Simply put, I'm assuming that it's the different mid-tier environment that's making it harder to pull off incredible stunts.

+/- Matchmaking, Divisions, Competent Teammates/Enemies

6 posts
5,167 battles

I have found the warspite's armour to be a little lacking compared to American battle ships. But the warspite's heal is amazing if on a shorta immunity duration. So for the warspite you are in the battle to make it long-term and not short and fast. Try and stay at range of about 12km and fight from there and also try and use the stealth rating to your advantage as much as you can.

Also i read somewhere that the warspite's armour is more of a layered system so that is why you end up taking alot more shots that do damage. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Keep on an angle to the target, turning slightly to bring all guns to bear when you want to fire.

Warspite has a great turn rate, use it. The armour when angled up will bounce most tier 6 shells with ease, and her guns hit like a wrecking ball.

As they say, practice makes perfect

Sign in to follow this