Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

Spawn Locations

6 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

Just curious about spawn points. If for example there are 4 DDs and 1 CV on my team and same for the enemy team. The map is Straight, three of my team's DDs spawned north, the lone one on the south and the CV also spawned on the south side. Does the enemy team have identical spawn locations as my team or is it the complete opposite?

783 posts
4,826 battles

I'm of a mind to say it's random. It gets way more skewed with divisions.

If you play CV and the map is Strait, it is still a 50/50 chance if the enemy CV is on the top or bottom part of the team spawn.

173 posts
5,332 battles

I'm of a mind to say it's random. It gets way more skewed with divisions.

If you play CV and the map is Strait, it is still a 50/50 chance if the enemy CV is on the top or bottom part of the team spawn.

Does that mean that if I'm that lone DD its possible that I might be facing the 3 DD group? :hmm:

Just curious because I'm that kind of DD player who likes to contest a cap and having knowledge on what I might be facing is a real help in my DD-hunting.

Edited by KirstieBeau

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Random placement probably.

Assuming there are 4 battleships (BB) and 3 of those BB are in division. 1 Battleship will be place somewhere either X or Y while the BB division will be placed where there is no battleship on that spawn. Since BB division occupied 3 spaces on Spawn X, more cruisers will be place on Spawn Y.

Does that mean that if I'm that lone DD its possible that I might be facing the 3 DD group? :hmm:

Just curious because I'm that kind of DD player who likes to contest a cap and having knowledge on what I might be facing is a real help in my DD-hunting.

It's either you face them all three or not.

Always check your map & if your team spotted one of them on the otherside, you can go all out capping on your side. :P

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Try making a division as a cruiser/battleship/carrier with 1-2 destroyer buddies in the Trident map.

You'll spawn right next to the DDs- Good for advances, bad for getting pelted early in the game.

Sign in to follow this