Sign in to follow this  
Jayde2405

Missing battle screen info !

6 comments in this topic

29 posts
8,449 battles

I was just in a battle in my Furutaka and after a couple of minutes all the battle screen information disappeared.  I had no targeting display, I could not tell who was friend and who was foe.  No team list and no display at the bottom of the screen  showing weapons or anything.  Just a nice picture of me sailing around.  I was reported 7 times.  I guess for being completely useless which was totally true.  Surprised I wasn't reported eleven times.

Can anybody tell me what the heck happened?  Unplugged the keyboard and mouse.  Tried to Esc and play with settings. Nothing touched it.  Near the end the guns started to fire, at random, at no-one

What the...

I've only been playing nearly two months

Edited by Jayde2405

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Probably accidentally triggered the hotkey for toggling off the UI (Ctrl-G by default). Next time, hit Ctrl-G again to toggle it back on. If it keeps happening, delete preferences.xml to reset the keybinds.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

as syanda said

CTRL + G will activate panoramic view.

its hiding all your interface

but u will still able doing everything (manouvering/shooting guns/etc)

helpfull if u want to make a pretty screenshot

pres CTRL + G once more to de-activate it

2 posts
7,924 battles

I have had a similar problem as the above but I don't think that it was a "CTR+G" as the battle information etc was flickering on and off.

I updated my graphics drivers and chosen what seemed to be the most appropriate settings within the graphics area of my computer and the problem was still there. It is intermittent.

I have gone to about the lowest display quality standard settings (within the World of Warships settings) and the issue seems to have gone away for now. It seems a bit of a shame to have to use these lowest settings as it does take something away from the experience of playing the game.

I had thought that my computer should have been up to a good enough spec to run some better graphics. It is a -

HP Envy

i7-5500U @2.40 Ghz

8GB of Ram

NVIDIA GeForce 940M

Any suggestion on what to check/change/settings would be appreciated.

Edited by turnturn

8 posts

Is there a button I push to show the ship type/name above the target ships, all I see is  range and wether they are cruiser DD BS etc?

EDIT:  NM I found it..the 'Alternative Battle Interface'. Which should be the default.setting IMHO.

Edited by Wastrel

Sign in to follow this