Phalebus

Going Pink

14 comments in this topic

[BUFHE]
2 posts
1,923 battles

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if there is a different place I am meant to post this, but frankly I have had enough of this nonsense. Why is it, that I get penalized because some clown sailing his ship to steal the kill or to save on repair costs deliberately sailing into my torpedos, which I warned them about as they started to get close to him (Which by the way were fired way outside of their pathing unless they move into it on purpose).

If it was because I was a bad player or something like that, I could understand but I am not a bad player, I've been playing for at least 10 months now (Which I know doesn't automatically make me good but if you were terrible at the game after 10 months, you wouldn't still be playing) and logging a ticket request with the game replay in question, I am still pink. If another ship sails into me which happens all the time, I take double damage. If I look funny at other friendly ships, I take double damage. If I have some clown who sails in front of my torpedo's because obviously they are blind and deaf to the alerts that are given, I take double [content removed] damage.

Can we please have a way to appeal "pink" statuses as frankly I am fed up. I record all of my games and will happily submit any that require me to prove my innocence in these matters.

Thanks for reading my rant.

See you on the ocean,

Phalebus 

Profanity.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

How bout i say this

You won't get any penalty apart from pink names?

And you need to look around before launch the torp?

Your pink name doesnt have duration, but will disappear by itself if you play couple of games without hurting your teammates with shells or Torpedoes?

If you cant do the thing above, go play something else?

Are the prople sailing beside you are blind and deaf? That's questionable, as they only care about enemy fire hundreds times more than someone like you!

359 posts
2,819 battles

While i understand your point. I don't think the system can account for intentionally or accidentally run into torp and I doubt WG could apply manpower to manually looking into each case

For now, maybe try launch torp from the front line rather than second line. Torp that no way to hit friendly whether they try or not. If friends can get hit intentionally, they can derp and hit them accidental

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/81056-mouses-guide-to-being-a-teamkiller/#topmost

According to this, you only need 5 non-friendly-damage to de-status pink. Shouldn't be too hard

Unless condition are difference for you.

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

112 posts
1,613 battles

Actually that is quite wide spread on Asia server, I have had people deliberately turn into my torps an go into full stop so I sink them. its so they can get free creds an no repair i think. once is an accident 5 times is deliberate everyone of them/. itsa same as DD's who ram you deliberatly then abuse you for not getting out their way in your BB....

[BUFHE]
2 posts
1,923 battles

Thank you for your comments however unhelpful they may be such as "Go play something else".

I'm not exactly sure you understand the issue that I have with this. If I was excessively killing team mates, then yes I absolutely deserve what ever punishment that WG decide to hand out.

However, if it is because there are players out there that deliberately sail into my torps (Either to steal a kill or save on repair costs and let me assure you, that this absolutely does happen) then why must I be punished. If I had no evidence to support what I have said, then I would just suck it up and deal with it but I have evidence that supports my claim.

Thanks,

Phalebus

Edit - I just read Fragkat's post after posting and I cannot up vote you more for this. You don't see or very rarely see this nonsense on other Warships realms, just generally on the Asia realms and quite frankly it's disgusting that some of the player base think that it's fine to do this so that they can save on ship repairs.

Edited by Phalebus

112 posts
1,613 battles

Thank you for your comments however unhelpful they may be such as "Go play something else".

I'm not exactly sure you understand the issue that I have with this. If I was excessively killing team mates, then yes I absolutely deserve what ever punishment that WG decide to hand out.

However, if it is because there are players out there that deliberately sail into my torps (Either to steal a kill or save on repair costs and let me assure you, that this absolutely does happen) then why must I be punished. If I had no evidence to support what I have said, then I would just suck it up and deal with it but I have evidence that supports my claim.

Thanks,

Phalebus

Edit - I just read Fragkat's post after posting and I cannot up vote you more for this. You don't see or very rarely see this nonsense on other Warships realms, just generally on the Asia realms and quite frankly it's disgusting that some of the player base think that it's fine to do this so that they can save on ship repairs.

yer it seems to be on Asia servers mostly. I am over it now. I no longer care, so when they do it. I sink therm on sight. I dont care. If I see them again, I will sink them again till they get the bloody idea. if they refuse to, I will continue to sink them till they get a clue. Now I am pissed off its open season on the griefers.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Last night I was hit big time by a friendly's torpedoes. He fired when his ship was about to overtake mine, at less than 100 metres away. Obviously, he was tunnel visioned on the enemy and didn't realize i was there.

But don't despair, the firer of the torps died instead of me. Instead of me taking the damage, he magically ate it all- at least that is what I think happened.

And the results came up on screen 'xxx killed by xxx'. He literally killed himself, unknowingly.

Let that be a lesson to him.

266 posts
5,142 battles

Your torps, your responsibility. Period.

Your allies are already busy enough avoiding enemy's shells and torps, why must they worry about yours too? 

Check if your surroundings are clear before launching torps, it's just that simple, really.

Heck, I actually turned pink once in my Roon because I shot too close to a low health allied cruiser and killed him.

I'd say don't worry about your pink status and keep playing.

As long as you're being careful and did not damage your teammates, it will disappear in a few games.

507 posts
9,828 battles

I just had a match where i was hit by a torpedo from a furutaka who was lterally behind me. I died to the flood.

He didnt turn pink nor he took any penalty damage for what he caused to me.

331 posts
17,080 battles

It also seems that if you play a CV that battle doesn't count  as far as removing pink status. Or that's why my experience was with CVs even when I didn't kill catapult fighters in the battle or anyother team damage.

783 posts
4,821 battles

I don't get the fuss about turning pink. No one actively teamkills pink team mates in all the games I've played unless the pink player actually goes for a teamkill first.

There's no reward penalty, you get a unique color, it wears off with a normal number of games. Literally nothing to worry about. I'd get being concerned(or angry) when a teammate kills you (accidentally or intentionally), but turning pink in itself isn't worth anything to mind.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I just had a match where i was hit by a torpedo from a furutaka who was lterally behind me. I died to the flood.

He didnt turn pink nor he took any penalty damage for what he caused to me.

he will become pink as soon as the match end

i know it. coz i did killed team mate once (those guy deliberately to run into my torp >.>) i didn't get pink right away. but i become pink right after the match end

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Thread degenerating to calls for vigilante actions.

Regardless of what has occurred do not damage or kill members of your team.

Thread locked.

~dead_man_walking