Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Doonboy

Disappearing ships?

5 comments in this topic

[ANZUS]
17 posts
2,485 battles

G'day newbie here from the land of OZ.   I think I am about a level 12 person and I drive a level VII Russia Cruiser. Have only just got around to the "Red" Random level battles because I always got blown up but then I learned some stuff and went up a few ship levels. I'm figuring out how ships can shoot at me from behind mountains but I struggle when I get blown up in the first few minutes by a ship I can't even see. It doesn't have anything to do with smoke because it is mostly Battleships and Cruisers which vanish or appear magically and blow my arse up.

I'm sailing along planning my strategy when whump, there goes half a ship and I can't see where it came from.   Also plagued by magic torpedoes which come charging at me when there is no ship and no aircraft carrier.   I have a 92% win level but that's going to go down the gurgler because I always seem to be on a losing team since I got the level VII Cruiser.

Don't want to whinge but I sure as hell would like to know how to get over these invisible ships, or get a cloak of darkness of my own somehow.

Cheers and thanks if you reply.

Doonstable.

359 posts
2,819 battles

Many dd has longer detection range than weapon range. Say you need to get into 5-6 kms to spot a umikaze, but umikaze has 7 km torps range. As long as he is 6.2-7.0 away from you he can stay undetected.

Bot DD will just charge in so you won't notice this feature from co-op.

As for how to counter. I don't know! Ask teammate dd and CV to spot maybe

For torpedoes. Don't move in straight line and constant speed. Torp indicator will tell where you will be to fire if you keep you course.

Err what account you play the game on? I can't see your ship or tier you have problem with

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

507 posts
9,828 battles

G'day newbie here from the land of OZ.   I think I am about a level 12 person and I drive a level VII Russia Cruiser. Have only just got around to the "Red" Random level battles because I always got blown up but then I learned some stuff and went up a few ship levels. I'm figuring out how ships can shoot at me from behind mountains but I struggle when I get blown up in the first few minutes by a ship I can't even see. It doesn't have anything to do with smoke because it is mostly Battleships and Cruisers which vanish or appear magically and blow my arse up.

I'm sailing along planning my strategy when whump, there goes half a ship and I can't see where it came from.   Also plagued by magic torpedoes which come charging at me when there is no ship and no aircraft carrier.   I have a 92% win level but that's going to go down the gurgler because I always seem to be on a losing team since I got the level VII Cruiser.

Don't want to whinge but I sure as hell would like to know how to get over these invisible ships, or get a cloak of darkness of my own somehow.

Cheers and thanks if you reply.

Doonstable.

Welcome to the english speaking community.

"The cloak of darkness" that cracked me up...lol

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

lol, your options on this is to either A. play a ship with better concealment then the other's (DDs and CE knitted IJN CAs) B.div with friends who can spot for you (DDs,CVs). C.ask your pubfight buddies to scout for you(not likely to happen)

Sign in to follow this