Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
shemrafael987

CV captains, how are you doing after the 0.5.6 update?

14 comments in this topic

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

BB player here. I keep seeing double CVs in my battles.

I've noticed they've starting going more for the DDs. Our team's CV rekt a couple of capping DDs.

112 posts
1,613 battles

I gave up on my Cleveland an went back to CV cos every time i logged into the Cleav there would be no CV's. 30 games 3 CV's.... pathetic. So now of coarse all I see is CV once I dropped my Cleveland. Of coarse we do have to contend with nothing but AS CV's...

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I played 3 games post patch. 1 in atago, 14 mins into battle i got 1 shot for 100% detonation, 1 in pepsicola the aa with aa mods active was quite weak, cv planes even torped and bombed me, then I jumped into a cv and got 4.8k xp and top of team for first win post patch.

I think this patch has made planes stronger, long range aa weaker, but close in aa (2kms) is devastating. I lost a sortie of DB's vs a BB.

It's hard to say based on so few battles which type of ship benefits most, but if I use my planes wisely, my cv should be ok.

I'm going to try the 2 4x20mm AA guns that have now been turned on for the Tirpitz. Previously they weren't working....

783 posts
4,809 battles

First 3 games in 0.5.6 in Ranger. Did 130k-150k-130k damage respective to each game in Strike loadout so there's no gimped damage as far as I'm concerned. Lost all 3 games though lol.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

No changes so far in my gameplay, my performances in my Lexington and my Shokaku are normal like before. It depends on the luck though.

331 posts
17,063 battles

I think my planes are slightly less durable.

My damage is about average  and doesn't seem to have changed much.

It depends on whether the commander has been set up for AA or not. even had squadrons shot down by a BB 1 tiers below me.

I would need more time to work out what all of the effects are.

507 posts
9,826 battles

First 3 games in 0.5.6 in Ranger. Did 130k-150k-130k damage respective to each game in Strike loadout so there's no gimped damage as far as I'm concerned. Lost all 3 games though lol.

I had an idea..Sell my zao and use his captain on my CV. How does it sound? Have 16 points to work with.
Edited by petee

783 posts
4,809 battles

I had an idea..Sell my zao and use his captain on my CV. How does it sound? Have 16 points to work with.

Sure you could do that... but taking out your Zao captain(and selling your Zao?)? Well, if you have an Atago for cruiser captain training then go for it since you can make another high skill point captain but that's a lot of creds if you ever want to get the Zao again. 

The 5th captain skill perk on CVs isn't really important until the high tiers anyway or on Saipan(OP Fighters). Even though I do get to see some seal-clubbers with the skill (Hosho/Langley/Zuiho/Ryujo).

Too bad they aren't gonna release a premium IJN CV anytime soon as I'd give my shekels for a CV captain trainer.

507 posts
9,826 battles

Sure you could do that... but taking out your Zao captain(and selling your Zao?)? Well, if you have an Atago for cruiser captain training then go for it since you can make another high skill point captain but that's a lot of creds if you ever want to get the Zao again. 

The 5th captain skill perk on CVs isn't really important until the high tiers anyway or on Saipan(OP Fighters). Even though I do get to see some seal-clubbers with the skill (Hosho/Langley/Zuiho/Ryujo).

Too bad they aren't gonna release a premium IJN CV anytime soon as I'd give my shekels for a CV captain trainer.

Yep..No atago.I kinda got sucky at the Zao (45% WR) and cant carry games anymore.

I used the kamikaze for training cv captains lol.With its 5.6 km 73 knot torps..Well its pretty good.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I have now played some 10 battles in Atlanta and detonated or exploded in 3 hits or less in 8 of those 10 battles.

It appears a BB just needs to fire in my general direction, and I explode.

Cruisers also wreck Atlanta, much more powerfully than before, I suspect the ship is almost entirely, citadel, (the citadel hitbox has been enlarged).

Sign in to follow this