You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kleiss

anyone sold their kagero yet

27 comments in this topic

451 posts
6,946 battles

...it's really painful now, every time i try to cap i get driven out by a benson or fletcher. my average damage in this ship now hovers between 15k-22k.

my torp reloads are so damn long i can't afford to miss a single shot, and when my target is an agile USN DD, it's become a pipe dream.

combined with the buffed vigilance and torp nerfs, and...radar.

sometimes i really wonder why i upgraded to the kagero from the fubuki, which is now pretty dominant due to the faster reload and extra launcher for spread correction.

anyone sold it yet? do share your thoughts too. and before you accuse me of whining, PLEASE PLAY THE GODDAMN SHIP FIRST.

Edited by Kleiss

451 posts
6,946 battles

it's not that simple at high tiers. i torp them to force them out as they're always the first thing i meet. u can't tell me to "go for the bbs" it's really not that easy. as long as these things live they can easily deny me the cap and a chance at the battleships

moving back to topic, are you selling the kagero? or are you going to hold on to it? and why?

Edited by Kleiss

112 posts
1,613 battles

yer I got really mad at my Fubuki an sold it stupidly. Cos I was getting eaten alive by USN DD's. I didn't know at time that they are basically gunboats on crack. lol... I was constantly trying to out gun them while getting torps on them at the cap, an loosing badly.

112 posts
1,613 battles

I wasn't sure on Fletcher till I watched one fo the top DD guys on youtube. He Utterly crushed everyone on map. I think at end he was 6 kills up, an had dominated the map. Was watching a jingles video....Not to mention the Gearing an 40 torps at once....

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Gearing even have better Torpedo Value than Shimakaze (debatable) and Kagerou

Fubuki and tier 5 and lower still the better ship

Edited by Harpoon01

178 posts
2,306 battles

As a Shimakaze owner, I'll tell you to stop wasting time and go grind that Fletcher/Gearing now. IJN DDs just cannot compete with US DDs for caps. We just melt under those high rof guns.

Caps are a surefire way of meeting a Gearing or Fletcher and dying in the first minutes of a game. But if I don't cap, no one else will cap and we lose the game anyway. Solution? Play US DD. High tier IJN DDs holds no real advantage over high tier US DDs anyways. Not even that extra 5 torpedo per salvo for the Shimakaze is worth it.

451 posts
6,946 battles

As a Shimakaze owner, I'll tell you to stop wasting time and go grind that Fletcher/Gearing now. IJN DDs just cannot compete with US DDs for caps. We just melt under those high rof guns.

Caps are a surefire way of meeting a Gearing or Fletcher and dying in the first minutes of a game. But if I don't cap, no one else will cap and we lose the game anyway. Solution? Play US DD. High tier IJN DDs holds no real advantage over high tier US DDs anyways. Not even that extra 5 torpedo per salvo for the Shimakaze is worth it.

exactly what i meant...

STILL on the nicholas now, grinding my way up slowly...

i'll hold on to the kagero and try out 16km torps. maybe i'll score a lucky hit or two, but hey it's better than not hitting anything and dying for nothing, yeah?

Edited by Kleiss

178 posts
2,306 battles

exactly what i meant...

STILL on the nicholas now, grinding my way up slowly...

i'll hold on to the kagero and try out 16km torps. maybe i'll score a lucky hit or two, but hey it's better than not hitting anything and dying for nothing, yeah?

Smart decision. I'm still farming credits for my Benson. Let us farm the salty tears of IJN DDs everywhere.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

Speaking of IJN DD line, I really love the Kagero and she is the best DD you can have. The ship is very agile and small unlike Shimakaze, with Type F3 torpedo plus best concealment in end tier game is what you want for torpedo runs.

But yeah in a battle, you will not want to have any IJN DD in your team.

Right now, USN Tier 8 9 10 DD are the DD kings in all aspect.

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

But if I don't cap, no one else will cap and we lose the game anyway. Solution? Play US DD.

+1'ed

I love your thinking. Unlike the guy on the other thread saying he can't fight USN DD then stay back and no cap, what an irresponsible guy to the team.

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

+1'ed

I love your thinking. Unlike the guy on the other thread saying he can't fight USN DD then stay back and no cap, what an irresponsible guy to the team.

Thats why my Fubuki is Gunboat set-up :trollface: 

Beta Tester
908 posts

Speaking of IJN DD line, I really love the Kagero and she is the best DD you can have. The ship is very agile and small unlike Shimakaze, with Type F3 torpedo plus best concealment in end tier game is what you want for torpedo runs.

But yeah in a battle, you will not want to have any IJN DD in your team.

Right now, USN Tier 8 9 10 DD are the DD kings in all aspect.

Don't forget the max concealment Khabarovsk. 7.9km concealment. It can take on a gearing. 

Btw is the gearing that good? I have it unlocked but no desire to buy it. A max concealed Fletcher is very powerful even in tier 10 games. 

451 posts
6,946 battles

Don't forget the max concealment Khabarovsk. 7.9km concealment. It can take on a gearing. 

Btw is the gearing that good? I have it unlocked but no desire to buy it. A max concealed Fletcher is very powerful even in tier 10 games. 

it...needs a buff or sidegrade, tweaking, w/e. It's a more accurate fletcher due to closely mounted dual guns. It's monstrous, but suffers from the same treatment as montana: why play gearing when i can just play fletcher?
Edited by Kleiss

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

AS an owner of a bucky, I don't go up against enemy US/RU DDs, it's a death wish. However I love keeping them spotted so my allied cruisers melt them.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

sell it and move on to USN side. this is WG's balancing technique: "make an overpowered nation so crap and make the crap nation overpowered so we have to balance it out again in the future!"

451 posts
6,946 battles

AS an owner of a bucky, I don't go up against enemy US/RU DDs, it's a death wish. However I love keeping them spotted so my allied cruisers melt them.

kagero meta and fubuki meta is totally different.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

well i have the kagero researched already, but i dont have the credits to buy her, and looking from all the negative posts I've been seeing, i think i' just gonna stick with my Fletcher, i think i'll get the historical camo on her since Fetchers sink a lot thanks to dog-fighting with other DDs and that can go south real quick and IX ships are quite expensive to play

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Honestly, im kinda been spoilt by US and RU DD gameplay, which employs superior gunboat tactics. 

When i play IJN DD, i wanna fall asleep. 

451 posts
6,946 battles

UPDATE: I'm running F3 @ 8km now.

There isn't much improvement in playstyle, but at least it's a lot more fun

1,126 posts

I'm try to get used to 8km torp too,

but... most of the time, I got spot and shot to death/near-death by enemy US/RUDD and CA

main reason why I can't play kagero like minekaze was it slower that other nation DD counterpart =w=

once got spot, there was no escape..... smoke time!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I'm try to get used to 8km torp too,

but... most of the time, I got spot and shot to death/near-death by enemy US/RUDD and CA

main reason why I can't play kagero like minekaze was it slower that other nation DD counterpart =w=

once got spot, there was no escape..... smoke time!

You got Concealment Expert ?