Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fragkat

Question on how the hell you play Bogue remotly effectivly.

16 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,613 battles

I know I know, but seriously, I have a choice when 2 fighters an 1 bomber, or 2 bombers an 1 tp... lol every game as strike, I am wiped out  in minutes for obvious reasons. But with fighters, I do no damage an cant kill anything :).

I am maxed out on Hiryu an have no issues with plane numbers or damage. so the USN CV's look like rubbish to me. Starting to wonder if I shouldn't have bothered with them. an just do like everyone els an go back to JP

Super Tester
1,310 posts

shall i take the bait? shall i take the bait?

oh well...

can't kill with 201 load out?

killing is not the main objective if u choose 201 load out, but surely bogue can still kill with 201 load out

XM62IHF.jpg

go find a dying enemy ship that trying to run from ur allies

783 posts
4,821 battles

Go 2/0/1 if you aim isn't to kill stuff but help your team with non-rewarded stuff. I assume you are grinding so don't go AS.

Go 1/1/0 for a consistent game of actually winning Air Superiority against anything that's not an AS Bouge. You'll just have to make the torp bombing count since it takes a lot of time and only one set of reserves.

Go 0/1/2 or strike if you are confident in doing damage fast and confident in playing cat and mouse against the other CV. 2v2 CV games will be hell though. The reserves are also too thin.

563 posts
4,686 battles

I know I know, but seriously, I have a choice when 2 fighters an 1 bomber, or 2 bombers an 1 tp... lol every game as strike, I am wiped out  in minutes for obvious reasons. But with fighters, I do no damage an cant kill anything :).

I am maxed out on Hiryu an have no issues with plane numbers or damage. so the USN CV's look like rubbish to me. Starting to wonder if I shouldn't have bothered with them. an just do like everyone els an go back to JP

USE THE 1/1/0 MASTER RACE! Seriously. Stock bogue and you rule the sky.. Feel free to troll zuiho captains. Just avoid their strafe. Attack zuiho fighter twice, you already rule the sky. And yes, don't worry about zuiho torp. Bogue is damn short, you can dodge them easily.

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

learn about AS in US CV branch.

I passed Bogue just AS, no tor, kill some.

Tip: if you want to kill, save your bomber and wait for nearly dead target and bombing run

507 posts
9,828 battles

I just sold my Hiryu after many matches of frustation.Everyone runs AS now. It's at a point where i cant do much to counter it except run AS myself which goes against my rules of playing a CV.

I'll just rebuy the Hiryu when i have 15 points on my commander.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Bogue is easy you know. Why? I can deal maximum damage to targets using strike and stock loadouts. Right now, she''s my credit farmer and my sealclubber. If you wanna some challenge, try strike loadout, just observe the enemy fighter's movements and if he's oblivious enough, he'll be dead meat and it also serves as a practice when you get Lexington and Essex in the future. Look where I am now, I possess both Lexington and Shokaku. My opinion though. 

783 posts
4,821 battles

I just sold my Hiryu after many matches of frustation.Everyone runs AS now. It's at a point where i cant do much to counter it except run AS myself which goes against my rules of playing a CV.

I'll just rebuy the Hiryu when i have 15 points on my commander.

In general, when you run a balanced/strike loadout against an AS loadout, be prepared to lose all your planes at some time in the match. Regardless of player skill, just knowing that you'll have to do as much damage as you can before that time comes helps a lot rather than worrying over air cover. Of course, it'd be best if you can outplay the enemy AS loadout for air superiority but we can't have that in every game. :hiding:

11 posts
322 battles

id agree on the default, less micro, less trouble, more reserves,higher margin of error.

PS keep your eye on the MAP for those sneaky DDs

Edited by shemrafael987

507 posts
9,828 battles

In general, when you run a balanced/strike loadout against an AS loadout, be prepared to lose all your planes at some time in the match. Regardless of player skill, just knowing that you'll have to do as much damage as you can before that time comes helps a lot rather than worrying over air cover. Of course, it'd be best if you can outplay the enemy AS loadout for air superiority but we can't have that in every game. :hiding:

Exactly.Most IJN captains i encounter go with balanced.Its the US cv's that bug me especially the Saipan's with their Air Supremacy and 301 build. there's no way i'm getting past those planes if i run into them.

783 posts
4,821 battles

Exactly.Most IJN captains i encounter go with balanced.Its the US cv's that bug me especially the Saipan's with their Air Supremacy and 301 build. there's no way i'm getting past those planes if i run into them.

Since you already sold your Hiryuu this may be useless for me to say now but..

*A little off-topic*

Against Saipan's Fighter squads is just to strafe them head-on regardless of orientation. (Better if you get a good angle and decimate, but head-on is fine too)

Not advisable to do against a Hiryuu/Ranger but it is a special case against Saipan.

Their strength lies in their individual plane but the small enough number getting at least one casualty from a strafe is devastating and allows for your own fighter squad to win when locked. The penalty of using strafe in losing ammo is inconsequential since the Saipan FT's ammo reserves will be lower by default(and you get to remove 1/3 or 1/4 of it just from the strafe) and it's almost always a guarantee your own FT squadron will survive if they don't strafe you back and fight you via lock.

Dunno if that will work for you but that's how I manage to deal against Saipan's high tier planes usually.

507 posts
9,828 battles

Since you already sold your Hiryuu this may be useless for me to say now but..

*A little off-topic*

Against Saipan's Fighter squads is just to strafe them head-on regardless of orientation. (Better if you get a good angle and decimate, but head-on is fine too)

Not advisable to do against a Hiryuu/Ranger but it is a special case against Saipan.

Their strength lies in their individual plane but the small enough number getting at least one casualty from a strafe is devastating and allows for your own fighter squad to win when locked. The penalty of using strafe in losing ammo is inconsequential since the Saipan FT's ammo reserves will be lower by default(and you get to remove 1/3 or 1/4 of it just from the strafe) and it's almost always a guarantee your own FT squadron will survive if they don't strafe you back and fight you via lock.

Dunno if that will work for you but that's how I manage to deal against Saipan's high tier planes usually.

I tried the same and was successful until his 3rd squadron comes in lol..Anyway i think ill just train hiryu's commander till i get air supremacy and buy it back and REIGN THE SKIES!!!

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Lol you are saying USS Bogue is a rubbish or you are too sux at it seriously bogue is better then Zuiho learn how to coordinating your fighters if you are using the 2/1/0 loadout as for using the strike load out 0/1/2 learn how to coordinate your bombers well especially hunt big targets first but i am sure you know that unless you are really to sux in manual aiming and relying on auto aiming then quit playing bogue thx.

Sign in to follow this