Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Imperator Nikolai I

15 comments in this topic

1,496 posts

Greetings

I want to know why people think that the Imperator Nikolai I is OP

People keep saying this, & I find it annoying, because I love the ship, & its my favorite one to play.

Its tier IV, it has dumpy rudder control, next to no AA, & its gun range is mehhh, & so is its speed, & usually its placed in matches that always has at least 1 CV that hunts it out almost immediately. 

SO WHY THE BIG FUSS ?? 

"its OP its OP, too powerful,  cheat ship, etc etc"

what utter crap, I think that all the people who say this garbage, are all noob or poor players, that find themselves outclassed by someone who knows how to handle the ship & knows its characteristics..

Its not the ships fault if some idiot DD thinks "heres an easy target for me", then gets blasted to oblivion, same for a smarty pants cruiser.

If you look at most of the same era russian BBs, they are of same design, with differences in gun ballistics, & location of secondaries. . Did the world react the same way "OP OP" ?

So leave poor Nikolai alone, if you want to go on about OP, go crook at the Kongo & sister ships,  or Fuso, they all have superior range & also spotter planes at the same tier, or the CVs who go straight after the older ships...

Imperator Nikolai I is not OP, just under estimated & under appreciated by bad players who constantly sink by its guns.

Next people will go on about Texas, with its AA "its OP its OP, its cheat etc etc"

See you in my Imperator Nikolai I (or Texas, or Diana, or any other ship except DD)

Ordrazz

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

This ship have very good Avg Win Rate among Battleship

So, i fail to see the reason why people doesn't like her

Super Tester
1,310 posts

12 big guns

tight dispersion

nice gun position

can shoot all gun while still in step angling

those characteristic made her even better than "the already OP wyoming/arkansas"

wyoming/arkansas need to show their full broadside to shoot all the guns,

while this guy can shoot them while still angling.

hey even the DEVELOPERS admit that nikolai is OP

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Apart from everything ReNation has listed, Nicky also has pretty much no superstructure, which means HE shells don't really do a lot to it. Meaning she's amazingly tough for a battleship her tier. Coupled with the 12 guns and their shotgun effect, its a very, very forgiving battleship to play. Hence the comments about it being OP, since even a terrible player can do pretty well in Imp Nick, whilst a good player pretty much rolls face with it.

And yes, the devs themselves have stated that Imperator Nikolai is overperforming for her tier bracket based on average performance. Part of the reason why she hasn't been on sale since.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

her one features is she lack superstructure to bet hit by HE. i really have hard time dealing damage use HE on my DD's against this ship. her only real weakness is torpedo from dd or planes.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

I love this ship. We once ran a 3 Imperator division when it came out. On twin bros and sailed down the west flank. The new mex and fuso we faced off were incredulous that we took them out whilst sustaining little damage. 

In the right hands and angled she is a great vessel. Like all ships she has a weakness. Cvs should hunt these when in game as they have no real AA and terrible rudder turn

216 posts
2,239 battles

Greetings

I want to know why people think that the Imperator Nikolai I is OP

People keep saying this, & I find it annoying, because I love the ship, & its my favorite one to play. Not something you normally say when you're trying to point out a bunch of cons

Its tier IV, it has dumpy rudder control, next to no AA, & its gun range is mehhh, & so is its speed, & usually its placed in matches that always has at least 1 CV that hunts it out almost immediately. 

SO WHY THE BIG FUSS ?? 

"its OP its OP, too powerful,  cheat ship, etc etc"

what utter crap, I think that all the people who say this garbage, are all noob or poor players, that find themselves outclassed by someone who knows how to handle the ship & knows its characteristics..

Its not the ships fault if some idiot DD thinks "heres an easy target for me", then gets blasted to oblivion, same for a smarty pants cruiser.

If you look at most of the same era russian BBs, they are of same design, with differences in gun ballistics, & location of secondaries. . Did the world react the same way "OP OP" ?

So leave poor Nikolai alone, if you want to go on about OP, go crook at the Kongo & sister ships,  or Fuso, they all have superior range & also spotter planes at the same tier, or the CVs who go straight after the older ships...

Imperator Nikolai I is not OP, just under estimated & under appreciated by bad players who constantly sink by its guns.

Next people will go on about Texas, with its AA "its OP its OP, its cheat etc etc"

See you in my Imperator Nikolai I (or Texas, or Diana, or any other ship except DD)

Ordrazz

Really, not OP? Must be a reason why you list only the cons of the ship and none of the pros. Granted there are down sides to this ship to keep it some what in check, but when I can sail in my Imperator against tier 6 BBs and out gun them once they're within my range and only lose 1/4 to 1/2 my health (due to the excellent forward gun angling) then that's what you call OP.

View PostSyanda, on 25 May 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

Apart from everything ReNation has listed, Nicky also has pretty much no superstructure, which means HE shells don't really do a lot to it. Meaning she's amazingly tough for a battleship her tier.

Yep, had a match in my Cleveland where I shot a enemy Nikolai 90+ times with HE, did an amazing 700ish damage to him with HE damage. the only real damage I could do was fire damage, but even then that wasn't all that much.

"because I love the ship, & its my favorite one to play." Which is a quote you'll never see anyone say about a ship that is not a OP ship like the Karl. Embrace the OP and be glad you made a great chose in buying your Imperator.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Gib Arkan AA and she will beat Nikolai with ease... 

I think Arkan is better withstanding close range fight with another battleship. Getting close enough and Arkan can knock Nikolai turrets out one by one. 

87 posts
2,742 battles

Yes she is OP.

feature

- CA fire range but CA concealment

- 12 guns but T4

- good gun replacement

- she can bounce almost all  AP shell from T6 BB on the front

I was 3 salvos sunk 3 full hp CL/CA in a row by her

Edited by rattananen

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Well that battleship can possibly 1 AP-salvo delete any cruiser.

So Cruisers trying to burn the hell out of it should use torpedoes in close range.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe she has the best WR of all ships on the warships stats site, and that's saying something when you consider brand noob players could buy it and have at ye matey. 

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

As a fellow Imperator Nikolai captain,even I would have to admit it is OP.

You've mentioned its weakness of sloppy rudder and almost negligent AA, which is a trait shared by the Wyoming and Arkansaw,with the former having no AA on the first hull and the latter having no AA at all,not to mention pretty much every other tier 4 including cruisers lacks AA.

Now lets look at the main things that set it apart, the guns and armor.

You get triple gun turret mounts at tier 4 with excellent dispersion and decent angles,this lets you punish any cruiser who dares to show her side to your with terrifying efficiency,lets you spray down destroyers for over half their health if you lead correctly and you can reliably do 13,000~ damage to a battleship with every 35 second reload.
3 out of 4 turrets are front facing and you can present a very steep angle while still being able to fire 9 guns,this will make the life of even an experienced battleship opponent difficult because he won't get much to shoot at, similarly your ship is resistant to HE damage due to the lack of a proper superstructure this makes you a smaller target and means you have to essentially be burned to death by ships who are unable to penetrate or launch torpedoes at you.

In summary,at tier 4 you have a riot shield,can point forwards and charge whilst returning fire effectively.

Sign in to follow this