Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Emeraldking

Japanese carriers too powerful

31 comments in this topic

2 posts
1,262 battles

Don't you think the Japanese carriers terrify their American counterparts,they have more squadrons but less planes per squadron. Their squadrons make them more powerful. I in my Ranger have to battle the Hiryu as it is my counterpart but most of the times the Hiryu sneeks his torp and dive on me and killes me in the first 5 minutes of the match.It is very bad to see that Wargaming is making one side more powerful than the another.The higher tier Japanese carriers have enough squadrons to easily swarn and kill someone.Even in my 2 fighter module I am unable to fight the Japanese carriers properly.Do you think Wargaming should change this?Like give them 1 torp squadron instead of 1 and increase their dive bombers?

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Though I've never played aircraft carriers (and probably won't do so for some time), I do find american aircraft carriers to make better allies and tougher adversaries.

They tend to be more helpful with fighters keeping bombers away as allies and have tighter and thicker torpedo attacks when attacked by them.

Edited by TE_Moemiji_

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Don't you think the Japanese carriers terrify their American counterparts,they have more squadrons but less planes per squadron. Their squadrons make them more powerful. I in my Ranger have to battle the Hiryu as it is my counterpart but most of the times the Hiryu sneeks his torp and dive on me and killes me in the first 5 minutes of the match.It is very bad to see that Wargaming is making one side more powerful than the another.The higher tier Japanese carriers have enough squadrons to easily swarn and kill someone.Even in my 2 fighter module I am unable to fight the Japanese carriers properly.Do you think Wargaming should change this?Like give them 1 torp squadron instead of 1 and increase their dive bombers?

Numerical superiority allows more tactical flexibility, at the cost of raw individual power.

The thing is, because IJN CVs have a high squadron count, it's hard to track all of them. Consider using strafes in USN CVs. You can win head-on fights against IJN fighters every time and still have the ammunition to shoot down at least 3 more squadrons.

On the other hand, in my experience with Hiryu's top fighters, I can only do 2 strafes and/or intercept a few squadrons from a full ammo count.

Understand this: Fighters in an IJN CV are pawns to buy time for their strike squadrons. Avoid locking with them if you have to, always strafe to free up your fighters for interception. If you let the fighters buy time, of course the strike squadrons would reach their targets. This is an easy way to clear up the skies for your comrades- At the cost of lower exp gain from focusing on shooting down planes.

507 posts
9,827 battles

Not really.When I'm against a 202 Ranger in my Hiryu I usually have to block his fighters with mine to even get a drop. 

Its even more hard if he's running 3 fighters.

As TE_moemiji_ said I concentrate more on drops rather than blocking enemy carriers attacks but it just worrks out that way as he doesn't have many attack planes to do any significant damage.

Things are in my favor if enemy CV is running strike cause I can easily nullify his attacks.

BTW I like running 222 Since 311 really limits my potential to help my team.

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Not really.When I'm against a 202 Ranger in my Hiryu I usually have to block his fighters with mine to even get a drop. 

Its even more hard if he's running 3 fighters.

As TE_moemiji_ said I concentrate more on drops rather than blocking enemy carriers attacks but it just worrks out that way as he doesn't have many attack planes to do any significant damage.

Things are in my favor if enemy CV is running strike cause I can easily nullify his attacks.

BTW I like running 222 Since 311 really limits my potential to help my team.

I uh said what?:hiding:

Was talking about how I preferred USN carriers on my team over IJN ones because they tended to be more helpful with fighter support, instead of having strike load out's that is very dependent on player quality.

Also about how USN TB's worry me more when on the opposing team because they tended to have a tighter spread with more torpedoes,making it harder to avoid.

507 posts
9,827 battles

I uh said what?:hiding:

Was talking about how I preferred USN carriers on my team over IJN ones because they tended to be more helpful with fighter support, instead of having strike load out's that is very dependent on player quality.

Also about how USN TB's worry me more when on the opposing team because they tended to have a tighter spread with more torpedoes,making it harder to avoid.

Lol I meant the same thing.Have a read again.

Edited by petee

3 posts
32 battles

Japanese Destroyer tier 6 or higher is too bad.

753 posts
8,965 battles

What is this "Strafing" I keep reading.?

With your fighters by holding the ALT key a target zone appears and any aircraft in that zone when you press LMB will be strafed by your fighters dealing a high amount of damage and can wipe whole squadrons in one shot but uses half your fighter squadrons ammo.

It requires good timing but is a feature that should be removed imho. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN Torp bomber is the main victim of everyone "Torpedo Beat" means, it is easier to dodge the torp

102 posts
1,581 battles

I play both. but I noticed It's actually harder to fight against US Carriers Their fighters are good and have more in a Squadron.. sure Japanese Carrier has lots Squadrons but in the end the Outcome really depends on how skilled the player is. =)

783 posts
4,819 battles

Having played both, and be forced to pick what I would bring, I'd say IJN.

IJN just has the flexibility both in squadron number and loadout. USN has specialization, in squadron strength and the plane characteristics.

As an IJN CV, you can do pretty much everything. (Scouting/AirSuperiority/Bombing)

As a USN CV, you are forced to specialize on one or two things.

If I'm in an IJN CV and against a Strike USN CV, my job would be to stop the enemy from their main job while doing miscellaneous stuff.

Against an Air Superior USN CV, my job would be to deal enough damage before I lose the Air.

1v1CV game of IJN vs USN with the other 11 players for both teams are of equal skill, it will come down to whether the USN CV can push their specialized advantage enough to offset what the IJN CV can offer.

(I can rule the air as much as I want against a Strike USN CV, but it wouldn't be worth anything if the USN CV has done enough or great damage to my team.)

507 posts
9,827 battles

Moreover I think the Japanese CVs should only carry 1 torp bomber to make the game more balanced.

You have some insights there, except for the fact that its not good.

Why don't we take away one more fighter group while we're at it.

783 posts
4,819 battles

Moreover I think the Japanese CVs should only carry 1 torp bomber to make the game more balanced.

ugh, nope. You'd see most IJN CVs damage halved if that were the case.

I personally see the problem of most USN CVs I encounter in randoms is that they try to do everything on every side of the map a little too much. Because of the long reload/replacement times, it is encouraged that they focus on one part of the map only and heavily swing the battle at the point into their favor. Trying to cover as much area against an IJN is an automatic disadvantage mainly due to plane speed and reload time and that just about goes for any loadout.

Edited by SZYZWY

153 posts
3,262 battles

Having played both, and be forced to pick what I would bring, I'd say IJN.

IJN just has the flexibility both in squadron number and loadout. USN has specialization, in squadron strength and the plane characteristics.

As an IJN CV, you can do pretty much everything. (Scouting/AirSuperiority/Bombing)

As a USN CV, you are forced to specialize on one or two things.

If I'm in an IJN CV and against a Strike USN CV, my job would be to stop the enemy from their main job while doing miscellaneous stuff.

Against an Air Superior USN CV, my job would be to deal enough damage before I lose the Air.

1v1CV game of IJN vs USN with the other 11 players for both teams are of equal skill, it will come down to whether the USN CV can push their specialized advantage enough to offset what the IJN CV can offer.

(I can rule the air as much as I want against a Strike USN CV, but it wouldn't be worth anything if the USN CV has done enough or great damage to my team.)

This is the part where all players need to know regardless of whether they play CV or not. 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Have trouble dealing with CV sniping? Buy AA upgrades and use WASD. Have problem with strafing? Dodge and counter strafe. Annoyed at enemy IJN CV for keep on trying to snipe you ? Use the freedom loadout 0/1/3 and liberate them. If you use 2/0/2 and you run into 3/0/1, strafe, just strafe. 

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

Have trouble dealing with CV sniping? Buy AA upgrades and use WASD. Have problem with strafing? Dodge and counter strafe. Annoyed at enemy IJN CV for keep on trying to snipe you ? Use the freedom loadout 0/1/3 and liberate them. If you use 2/0/2 and you run into 3/0/1, strafe, just strafe.

WASD doesn't work for the Ranger. She accelerates and turns like a brick (which really shows when you turn, since turning slows you down greatly). Aside from the higher top speed, the Standard BBs are far more maneuverable than her.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Jesus, even with CV AA consumable people still get sniped? And in tier 7? Where you only have a few spare planes? My goodness, how do you play CV?

IF you play balanced and fighter setup, he shouldn't be able to bomb you with your superior fighters + AA consumable.

IF you play strike setup, go kill him before he can kill you.

Honestly, this type of player is why CV gameplay has degrade so much

21 posts
705 battles

IJN CV's aren't powerful they more like balanced enough. Unlike USN CV's who had like 6 bars of health it's pretty much more OP than IJN ones. IJN ones has lesser plane count means most of the torpedoes or bombs just miss for some luck you can get 3 hits on a ship. I had never got into high-tier CV fights so i'm not sure myself. And having alot of squadrons doesn't really much contribute to it's OP-ness since in the end it's just another tactical advantage the relies much on the player side but to be honest concentrated force is much better though. (A-lot of spare aircraft which is kinda good.) 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Jesus, even with CV AA consumable people still get sniped? And in tier 7? Where you only have a few spare planes? My goodness, how do you play CV?

IF you play balanced and fighter setup, he shouldn't be able to bomb you with your superior fighters + AA consumable.

IF you play strike setup, go kill him before he can kill you.

Honestly, this type of player is why CV gameplay has degrade so much

No AA consumable for tier 7 CV I am pretty sure. Sniping an IJN CV is a very high risk and very high reward tactic. Not only he can pump his planes out faster than you but he also have the fighters to deal with your strike group. Only the best CV captains will succeed 

Sign in to follow this