Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
scommy

A plug for co-op battles

6 comments in this topic

71 posts
4,020 battles

Faced with frustrating losses due to extremely tentative or downright braindead gameplay from teammates, I decided to give coop battles a go.

The surprising thing is the games are over rather fast and is actually kinda fun. The bots just charge right in. Plus I can earn as much XP from a winning coop battle as from a losing random.

So if you are fed up with hideous Random Battles teammates who appear to be trying to lose - give coop a go - its actually kinda fun, fast and no stress :)

403 posts
8,166 battles

You can try tactics like running Japanese Heavy Cruisers as destroyers (they are more effective than you think.) The best part is that if you do screw up and get spotted you can get away easily, since those are bots. It's only a pity that the queue times are much longer

71 posts
4,020 battles

For giggles try Russia DD's - with so many torps you can just charge into the enemy line firing torps at all and sundry, just had a game with 21 torpedo hits in my Derki lol

And I dunno why ramming something with something as sluggish as a New York is funny but it made my day.

shot-16.05.26_00.16.28-0476.jpg

Edited by scommy

359 posts
2,819 battles

You get xp as much as a lose random? I say that quite high for a co-op game. I noticed a small difference in that (co-op still lower).

Co-op queue times are long?which tier is that? You mention heavy cruiser. Everything below tier 5 should be quick. I got games reasonably easy/quick in tier 6-7 CV though.

But quick matches is a given. 8 vs 8 instead of 12 vs 12. But yeah they charge right in

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

124 posts

If you can complete a Co-op match and win under 10 minutes or more (preferably under 5 minutes), you can probably earn as much as in Random (on average earnings, not pro earnings).

However, there are some Co-op players played so safe that the match could last as long as 20 minutes.

112 posts
1,613 battles

I watched a YT game from a guy called Jingles. He actually rammed a battleship with a Carrier. Not sure how he did it, but it looked great:)

Sign in to follow this