You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
petee

By mistake dismissed my Fletcher Commander.Anything i can do to get him back?

29 comments in this topic

507 posts
9,829 battles

So i finally got to the gearing and sold my fletcher. And now when i try to assign a commander i cant find him!..turns out the reserve was full...it was a 16 point commander :ohmy:

Can i do anything to get him back? is there a way??

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

There is a five-minute dismissal window where you can change your mind.

After that, he's gone.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Yeah, they don't get dismissed right away. You have 5 minutes to cancel the dismissal, if you failed to do that within the allotted time then my condolences.

784 posts
4,856 battles

I'm not sure if the countdown works if you dismiss the commander from the tab where you sell the ship since I haven't tried it...

You can still try contacting support, not much to lose.

If all else fails, my condolences. (especially since I see you in your Fletcher a few times myself)

507 posts
9,829 battles

I'm not sure if the countdown works if you dismiss the commander from the tab where you sell the ship since I haven't tried it...

You can still try contacting support, not much to lose.

If all else fails, my condolences. (especially since I see you in your Fletcher a few times myself)

I tried with a t1 ship.It works.

well i submitted a ticket. Doesn't look good so far. 

At least i got my cleveland captain. Is the cleveland getting a respec with the new patch?

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Best bet is to contact support at this point which you already have and pray to whatever gods you want.

Alternatively you could try turning your computer off,
Stand on your left foot and chant "Shemakebab" 3 times, no more no less,not 4 not 5.
Then spin counterclockwise exactly 272 degrees while still on left foot.

Hop to wherever you can find a wooden surface to touch,touch said surface.
Return to thy computer (still on your left foot),turn on said computer,launch the world of warships client,close the client after you reach the log in page,do so another 3 times.
Wait a week and your commander may or may not be back.

507 posts
9,829 battles

Best bet is to contact support at this point which you already have and pray to whatever gods you want.

Stand on your left foot and chant "Shemakebab" 3 times, no more no less,not 4 not 5.

Return to thy computer (still on your left foot),turn on said computer,launch the world of warships client,close the client after you reach the log in page,do so another 3 times.

:hiding:

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Instructions unclear, got a Kitakami instead :amazed:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Why the hell doesn't it ask if i want to dismiss it or not??

Hello mate. Unfortunately for you..... I believed you went swift on selling your ship & you missed this warning, see the screenshot below.

As it DID asked when the reserve is full, then it should set for dismissal by default because you can't select the other option to send your commander to reserve.

shot-16.05.25_22.13.03-0763%20-%20Copy.j

Edited by Mingfang47

507 posts
9,829 battles

Err, isn't it sorta, kinda your fault for making the mistake in the first place?

I doubt WG will compensate or assist for user-made errors.

Kinda sorta not really. I was excited and all but it prompts if i want to dismiss a commander from the reserve,if i hit yes then that's my fault.

While selling the ship it automatically dismisses them without a prompt at all.Now that's not my fault. That's just bad design.

vTu6CHu.pngmtOFU0V.png

Edited by petee

507 posts
9,829 battles

Hello mate. Unfortunately for you..... I believed you went swift on selling your ship & you missed this warning, see the screenshot below.

As it DID asked when the reserve is full, then it should set for dismissal by default because you can't select the other option to send your commander to reserve.

shot-16.05.25_22.13.03-0763%20-%20Copy.j

See what i mean in the post above? Both are two different things since it also has some modules that you wouldn't want to demount using doubloons.

Edited by petee

507 posts
9,829 battles

Today i received a job application from a Fletcher captain who has 16 skill-point. Must had been this man, he said he was pissed by his ungrateful commander.  Poor guy.

Ungrateful? I always gave him the detonation flag and premium consumables. Who knew he would turn out to be a douche lol.

507 posts
9,829 battles

Yep This was their reply.

Dear Commander,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming.net Support service.

We are sorry to know that you have dismissed your crew by mistake.

However, current system has last confirmation before player can carry out the dismiss action, there will also be additional notice in the confirmation window when player trying to sell a ship if the crew is going to be dismissed because of no free slots in reserves, and any player in-game action is considered as player's decision.

In patch 0.5.2, we have also introduced a mechanism which allows player to """"undo"""" the dismiss action of crew in five minutes.

Therefore we are sorry but to inform you that the action cannot be undo/roll back regardless intended or else.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused and thank you for your kind understandings.

784 posts
4,856 battles

Yep This was their reply.

Dear Commander,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming.net Support service.

We are sorry to know that you have dismissed your crew by mistake.

However, current system has last confirmation before player can carry out the dismiss action, there will also be additional notice in the confirmation window when player trying to sell a ship if the crew is going to be dismissed because of no free slots in reserves, and any player in-game action is considered as player's decision.

In patch 0.5.2, we have also introduced a mechanism which allows player to """"undo"""" the dismiss action of crew in five minutes.

Therefore we are sorry but to inform you that the action cannot be undo/roll back regardless intended or else.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused and thank you for your kind understandings.

Regardless, it's good to know that support actually replies.

I've played a couple other games where their support feels it doesn't exist.